LaFerrari replacement: v12, no hybrid, less power than SF90stradale? | Page 11 | FerrariChat

LaFerrari replacement: v12, no hybrid, less power than SF90stradale?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Ale55andr0, Dec 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Johnny_Bravo

Johnny_Bravo Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2012
    No, it isn't forced. Ferrari get to negotiate what CO2 fleet average emissions they think they can reach.

Screw safety regulations. I wouldn't even want an airbag in my car

Ferrari don't need to do that. Which is more desirable to you, a woman that sleeps with 1000 men or a virgin ?!? Same thing applies to cars. Exclusivity is more desirable. Ferrari make too many cars and have too broad of a range.

2. Johnny_Bravo

Dec 7, 2012
    I disagree, it has a big impact on the company's future and future sales. One of the main reasons many choose a supercar is performance.
    Ferrari used to be king of the hill in terms of performance, they haven't been for a long time.
    Sure, that won't bother long time customers of the brand too much, but it drives away many potential buyers.
    Even someone as myself, who grew up as a Ferrari fanboy, is disappointed in the direction the brand is going, nevermind the new generation. If they ever make enough money, most of them will buy a Koenigsegg, a Pagani or even a McLaren. Why ? Cause they are ****ing faster. Perhaps even a Lamborghini cause they are more loyal to their roots and still make great sounding NA cars.

The relation/link between regular models and the halo car is totally irrelevant, that's not why people buy regular models. They buy them cause they either can't afford the halo or they aren't eligible to buy it.
    I repeat, Ferrari's halo car should outperform any other rival, totally blast everything on a track, be king of the hill once more.

3. Interceptor

Interceptor Karting

Apr 10, 2009
    #253 Interceptor, Dec 2, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    B*llshit.
    We're now in the hybrid era. SF90 a technological masterpiece.

Caeruleus11 and Igor Ound like this.
  4. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Maybe, but that doesn't make it a great F E R R A R I :(

Jack-the-lad and BlackRivazza like this.
  5. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Was the way to go 30 years ago maybe, it’s not far off being just a refreshed F1

6. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    What would make it a great F E R R A R I :( then?

7. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    On your first point, I suggest you check the sales numbers. You may think that people buy Koenigsegg, Pagani, McLaren, Lamborghini, but they simply don’t. They buy Ferrari.

On your second point, you simply don’t understand how this works at all. I will agree with you if you show me ONE brand where the halo product has no link to the rest of the range and the brand is successful and profitable. This is not just my opinion my friend, it is marketing 101

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

8. Interceptor

Interceptor Karting

Apr 10, 2009
    Why? Because someone said?

Igor Ound likes this.
  9. simpen

simpen Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2016
    Some people have a hard time with moving on, Ferrari already built the F40 and F50, they are not going to do that again. You want a lightweight, visceral (was almost going to say NA :) ) drive with almost no safety features? Get that one. Performance is becoming less and less of criterion to buy the cars and it would mostly be performance on paper anyway, since they are barely driven at speed. Being eligable to buy the hypercar, that is the most appealing part of the Ferrari flagship.

CottonCandy and Igor Ound like this.
  10. Johnny_Bravo

Dec 7, 2012
    **** the hybrid era. Ferrari are more than capable of building a modern day F40 or F50. Same philosophy, but way faster. That is what I would buy.

isot likes this.
  11. Johnny_Bravo

Dec 7, 2012
    That's cause Ferrari's are way cheaper (except their HALO cars) than Pagani and Koenigsegg. As for McLaren and Lambo, they make cars in a similar price range, and they have kinda similar sales. Yes, most Ferraris in that range are probably the better driving experience, but it's also about money, brand name, etc.
    When Ferari were making entry level cars like the 458, I'd have chosen that in a heartbeat over any other car in it's class.
    Nowadays, I'd rather have a Lambo. Way better sounding and has a NA engine. Why Ferrari gave those up I'll never understand.

Porsche. The 911 is completely different from the Carrera GT or the 918.

12. Interceptor

Interceptor Karting

Apr 10, 2009
    What the real problem with hybrid? Too heavy? All modern Ferrari are heavy, but great cars.

Igor Ound likes this.
  13. Johnny_Bravo

Dec 7, 2012
    Yes, weight is the main issue. I want something along the lines of the F50 GT for the road. With a central driving position.

14. maximilien

maximilien Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2005
    Capitale of Europe
    Full Name:
    Massimo
    Central position? You are in wrong place it’s ferrarichat not mclarenchat

Igor Ound likes this.
  15. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Not entirely correct. Ferrari made the first 3 seater with the 365P Berlinetta Speciale (chassis no 8971 if I remember correctly) in 1966
    Way before McLaren made the F1!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

16. iohead

iohead Karting

Feb 19, 2013
    Around 2004, Ferrari also built a "3-seater Formula 1" car for use in the "Marlboro Red Racing School".

I'm not sure if they made more than one, but the one I've personally seen at Maranello was based on the F2002.

Ferrari uses it for events once in a while, for example, Charles Leclerc and Vettel giving rides in the "Mission Winnow 3-Seater" last year.

There are several related videos on YouTube.

17. maximilien

maximilien Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2005
    Capitale of Europe
    Full Name:
    Massimo
    Yes is presented in September 1966 at Paris, it’s very innovative layout in terms of position for driver at that time, but you think jhonny_bravo remember this fabulous car ?

18. Johnny_Bravo

Dec 7, 2012
    Yes I do remember it, and have even seen it in person, it looks great.

19. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    the sgc 004 has a bit of the original ferrari rebellious spirit in it imo and is a central seater. will be intresting to see what the journalists think

9nb likes this.
  20. Interceptor

Interceptor Karting

Apr 10, 2009
    Gordon Murray steal this idea for Mclaren F1 :) omg.

21. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    How about you go get yourself a go kart?

22. Johnny_Bravo

Dec 7, 2012
    Nah mate, it's not as good looking as an F50 GT

Jakuzzi likes this.
  23. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    This isn't eating a woman... If so. Ferrari would have lost interest to most in the 1950s after it had slept around and made too many cars.

Your against airbags? Wtf is wrong with an airbag? Previously they were large and made steering wheels ugly... But now they are compact and look nice. What could you possibly have against an airbag?

F142George and Igor Ound like this.
  24. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Natural selection at its finest. ;)

25. Johnny_Bravo

Dec 7, 2012
    It adds weight to the car. As far as I'm concerned, everything that adds weight (that is not essential to driving) needs to be taken out.