458 seats in 430/360 | FerrariChat

458 seats in 430/360

Discussion in '360/430' started by honda corse, Dec 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. honda corse

honda corse Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2011
    Vancouver & Whistler
    Full Name:
    mark buchmann
    I found a pair of beige power seats from a 458 that's local at a fair price. I love the look of the stock Daytona's but my issue is the seat height. It's a nuisance when track driving (helmet clearance) and the driving position generally feels odd. I'm 1 year into my ownership...

For the 430/360 guys that upgraded to 458 seats, did it lower the seat height? It appears the rails are identical. How about the power functions of the seat? Any advice to get the power functions to work?

Disclaimer.... I've searched the forums and have found examples of the manual race/sport seats being installed with no power adjustment. No feedback regarding solving seat height issue. Any advice you can share is appreciated!

2. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    I ran a set of CF seats and they are lower. They buy you just under 2" of head room. At least that was true in my 360. But yes, my seats were manual so no idea about the power.

I still have them Tan with red inserts. I have them in storage and am going selling them if you are interested.

NMNMNMN likes this.
  3. becausephilchow

becausephilchow Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    My 458 CF Seats installed in the 360 provided me with more headroom too.

I wans't aware there were powered 458 CF Seats? I thought they were all manual operated? Or are you referring to the actual 458 Electric Seats? I doubt those would get you any lower at all.

I think if you're looking for track usage, best bet may be to get some Seat Rails, and scoop up a set of RECARO Pole Positions -- You 100% want something that's side mounted, so you can mount them as low as possible to get you additionalheadroom.

If the seats are Base/Bottom Mounted, like RECARO Sportster CS, they will sit too tall. I tried that before, had to remove it because it was just too tall to sit in.

Skidkid likes this.
  4. honda corse

honda corse Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2011
    Vancouver & Whistler
    Full Name:
    mark buchmann
    Thanks @Skidkid check your PM.

Thanks Phil, the local ones are the standard 458 electric seats. I suspect you're right about the seat height hence why I asked... good point re race seats + side mount I probably would've overlooked that!

5. becausephilchow

becausephilchow Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Yes, best, and most cost effective, just get some seat rails made, ask them to make them as low as possible, and as hugging the floor as possible, and then, you'll be alright. Some of the ones you can buy, I believe I bought ones from PLANTED before, they definitely could've been a bit lower. So, if you have a custom fab shop, just ask them to make something as long as possible, and then even forego the sliders, and just have them fixed in, since it's just for track usage, and only you anyways.

Because of the design, from what I remember, there's a large rib, maybe about 2/3 inches tall, that you have to "Work around". The other manufactures just go over it, so the seats sit a bit higher.

6. Peter Chong

Peter Chong Rookie

Sep 6, 2019
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Peter Chong
    Skidkid, The4DA, imahorse and 3 others like this.
  7. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

Peter that looks great! How much lower do they sit you?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. Peter Chong

Peter Chong Rookie

Sep 6, 2019
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Peter Chong
  9. zboost300

zboost300 Karting

Jan 27, 2019
    What seat rails did you use?

10. Peter Chong

Peter Chong Rookie

Sep 6, 2019
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Peter Chong
    I'm not sure about the rail.. I'm lucky that they are already fitted when I bought the ride just a couple of months ago
    Sent from my SM-G973F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

11. Fenz

Fenz Karting

Nov 8, 2018
    Team Europe
    458/430 Scuderia carbon seats was an OEM option on late F430's, so you should be able to source rails from Ferrari.

12. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    If you are sourcing standard power 458 seats it may not lower the position at all. I think most everyone is comparing the 458/488 seats to the factory 430 or 360 seats and there is a big difference. However I’m not sure that the standard power 458 seats can be easily bolted in using factory rails like you can with the race seats. Plus it’s unsure whether or not they will actually gain you any headroom in the end. Anyone out there put standard 458 seats in a 360/430?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat