Torque Tube Bearing Part# 155564 NLA? | FerrariChat

Torque Tube Bearing Part# 155564 NLA?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by DrivenHK, May 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DrivenHK

DrivenHK Rookie

May 1, 2019
    Hong Kong
    Hi

Have tried to sourcing part #4 from the usual vendors with out luck. Can't find any new or overhauled assemblies either. Hoping forum members here would be so kind as to point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance! Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    User portogts did his not too long ago. I think he used factory parts, but he's a very skilled and resourceful guy and might be of some help.

3. Steen Jensen

Steen Jensen Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2009
  4. DrivenHK

DrivenHK Rookie

May 1, 2019
    Hong Kong
  5. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Nearly all bearings use a standard sizing code. Just get the code from the old bearing and head along to any bearing supplier. Or google it and you’ll find loads of possible suppliers.

Remember, Ferrari don’t make bearings. They just buy them in from bearing manufactures. You can too.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

6. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Fixed it for ya ;)

brogenville likes this.
  7. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
  8. MotoMeccanica

MotoMeccanica Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    Calgary Alberta
    It is NLA from Ferrari, but Algar Ferrari shows that they have 3 on hand. You could try contacting them.

Scott

9. DrivenHK

DrivenHK Rookie

May 1, 2019
    Hong Kong
    Hi, thank you, was in contact with Algar, but he replied that they were reserved for a service customer.

10. Dal308

Dal308 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2014
    Coppell, TX
    Full Name:
    Dude
    Has anyone found an alternative to 168319 (torque tube bearing for 456M GTA)?

People list them as available, but the price is not cheap.

Thanks

11. skl63

skl63 Karting

Dec 13, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I think I have a new set of genuine bearings available for GT. Will check shortly. Also have a great option for GTA. Will confirm shortly

Dal308 likes this.
  12. skl63

skl63 Karting

Dec 13, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I have 3 new bearings available for GT.

Have attached photos, the first shows the difference in size between GT and GTA bearing. GTA is larger.

The balance of photos show the custom TT bearings I had made. They are fabulous and have been fault free for the last 5 years.

I think we still have the tooling and I could get more produced- quite cost effectively.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. skl63

skl63 Karting

Dec 13, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    On the units I had made, you will notice that the bearings are pressed in and retained with a a circlip, meaning they are serviceable. You can also use your favourite bearing manufacturer- SKF, NFK, Timken, Toyo etc.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Il Tifoso likes this.
  14. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Great stuff.

15. Dal308

Dal308 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2014
    Coppell, TX
    Full Name:
    Dude
    Do you have any of these made up or have a schedule for making some? I'm in, and honestly and any 456 owner should order the sleeves anyway just to have them. I think you can always find a bearing when you need them, but the "bespoke" insulator is a different story.

Thanks

16. Steen Jensen

Steen Jensen Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2009
    skl63

fantastic...great job and good to know there are options when it comes to these bearings. I just hope I never have to do that job on my 575. Doing it on the Porsche 928 was no fun...

17. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    I spoke with Constantine who does the Porsche ones and he guided me (extremely nice guy) and also had mine rebuilt by putting in a new identical SKF bearing using the existing rubber sleeve and a snap ring like skl63, so far the car is running very well.

I had to use the services of a local machine shop, buy new bearings and some loctite but I paid nowhere near the 2000$ a piece listed price. That would have been 6k for 3 torque bearings!

18. Dal308

Dal308 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2014
    Coppell, TX
    Full Name:
    Dude
    The problem I am concerned about is if the rubber sleeve has a problem....either from age or a bad bearing destroys it. If the sleeves from slk63 are anywhere close to reasonable, they are a great idea to have, even in spares. These cars and the rubber are 20 years old, and the TT is pretty close to the exhaust system.
    Constantine told me he gets calls at least a couple times a year about rebuilding Ferrari TT's. Yes he seems a super guy. Maybe if he had a complete assembly in his shop to look at, he would consider providing the service, but for now he says no.

19. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    I understand your concern and it is legitimate but luckily in my case the rubber housing was in very good condition, very hard and solid without any damage or cracks so I felt very comfortable putting them back in the car for another 20 years. I guess it depends but yes if slk63 has a reasonable option I think it would make sense to get more of them made.

20. MaurizioAM

MaurizioAM Karting

Sep 5, 2018
    Plano Texas
    Full Name:
    Maurizio
    Any progress on production of alternative bearings? I would be interested in a set as I am becoming annoyed by the constant rattle, and i cannot see paying 6k for same problem Ferrari material which Ive been told becomes a problem again in 5 years.

Does anyone know if there are any other alternatives such as getting some sort of custom made driveshaft for a temporary fix? I'd much rather get a permanent fix for the torque tube but would consider other options if there are any.