Quick Jack Lift | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Quick Jack Lift

Discussion in '360/430' started by whatheheck, May 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carbide

Carbide Karting

Sep 27, 2019
    West Bloomfield, MI
    Full Name:
    Dave Schneyer
    whatheheck likes this.
  2. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Be sure to measure the length of you rockers and see where it's going to land. I got the 5,000lb model and it just barely fits one of my cars. Another one took me a bit to figure out how to hit the lift points on the car properly.

3. albkid

albkid Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2016
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I have the 7K model as well, and it works well for the 360, a Mazda sedan, and even a Mercedes SUV. I marked the garage floor with tape for each vehicle so to know exactly where to place the frames to lift each car. I also marked the appropriate rubber blocks for each car as well. Now, I can put the frames in the right place in minutes and have the vehicle in the air moments later.

It really is a nice, practical lift.

Jim

Carbide and whatheheck like this.
  4. Carbide

Carbide Karting

Sep 27, 2019
    West Bloomfield, MI
    Full Name:
    Dave Schneyer
    This is why I went with the 7K. I have 3 other vehicles...Ram, Durango and a Ford Escape. Lifts all of them no problem. I wasn't smart enough to mark my floor though! It only takes 5 minutes to get them in place for each car. If my 360 was lowered it wouldn't work though.

5. albkid

albkid Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2016
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I hear you. My 360 is low enough and I haven't modified the suspension at all!

6. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Lowered cars have all sorts of problems with lifts, jacks and even drive on lifts.

7. Mimmo Blue

Mimmo Blue Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2018
    Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Dom
    In had one of these. Its called kwik-lift. It works well and is very solid. You can remove wheels . You can place a jack either on the ramps, then use axle stands, or on the sliding bridge that goes between the two ramps.
    I did get rid of mine and purchased the quick jack when i boght my Ferrari, because the quick jack takes up less room when being stored, in my garage, and is quicker to set up. Also if your car is not running you can't push it up the ramps unless you have some help.

8. Viper830tt

Viper830tt Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 10, 2017
    Im currently trying to lift my 458 spider with a quick jack (7000 SLX) and IM concerned about having the jacks at an angle as in Dans video. The rear lift points are more central than the front so I cant see how I can do this otherwise. If you lift it like this, the block-lift points will tend to migrate or the stand will need to slide along the floor to stay straight. Some folks posted 430s here with the lifts just behind the rocker panels (and parallel). I can see frame on the 458 there but not sure if this is still safe. I could put the rear blocks at the threaded site, but this sits further forward and Im worried about that being too far ahead of the engine and trans.

Anyone else try different lift spots on a 458 or is my concern on having the jacks at an angle overblown?

9. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    The quickjack manual clearly states the jacks need to be parallel to each other, i agree can’t be used like that. I tried to lift my F8, and I think the jack is now worthless to me, plus I’ve already had both pneumatic cylinders and one hydraulic cylinder leak and have to be replaced. More Chinese junk!

10. Viper830tt

Viper830tt Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 10, 2017
    One of the short hoses had a weak female adapter that had to be replaced. That was a defect that I caught before trying this out. I have a friend that swears by this for his 458 coupe. He apparently has had no issues lifting his like this. Im just so risk-averse with this car and last thing I want is to bend a frame component or have it drop off the jack. I can't get a 2 post lift in my garage with the space and concrete thickness. The wife wont tolerate me buying more stuff either. Im thinking that the only safe way to get this up on a quick jack is lifting from further out like with the 430 photos. Somehow I want to see someone else try this though before I risk it on my car.

11. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Sorry I have no experience or tips to share using quick jack on a 458.

I had an F430 and it worked great. And no issues with my QuickJack. Works perfectly.

I have sold my F430 and now have a 2016 California T.
    I used the quickjack 3 weeks ago on my Cali T and it worked great without any issues or concern with car balance.

Dan

12. Viper830tt

Viper830tt Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 10, 2017
    Did you just put the blocks anywhere under the frame? With the California, I bet the weight distribution isnt as much a factor. There is a pick on instagram showing a red 458 lifted up like the 430s with blocks just behind the rocker panels but its an isolated rear shot. Quickjack/Bandpak apparently has some extension/adapters that sell for the SLX; maybe they would have something to help with this and then I can post any solutions that have the manufacturer's blessing.

13. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Similar to F430, and for best car balance - I only lift the car on its designated jack points.

As I mentioned on my previous posts I use a hockeypuck
    Similar to F430, for best car balance and safest method - I only lift the car on its designated jack points.

As I mentioned on my previous posts I use a hockeypuck so that the jack wont be touching metal to metal with the car jack point.

For a 458 I recommend you post similar question on the 458 section of this forum as Im sure 458 owners there have lots of tips and recommendations & experience on quickjack use on a 458.

14. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    I can't speak for the 458 either, but I can speak for the reliability of the 5000slx. I've had it for two years and have used it inside and outside on more than 10 occasions. Never a leak nor issue of any kind. I think following the instructions precisely during assembly is key. Take your time. Read the manual.

armedferret likes this.
  15. Viper830tt

Viper830tt Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 10, 2017
    SOLVED: Alright I figured this one out: put the jacks sideways. You get perfect alignment with the factory lift points and the quickjacks are parallel. Just be careful not to hit anything to the sides. also, the small rubber blocks im using barely clear the edges of the lift frame and the center rear of the car (under the engine block and trans) actually touches but I think its not really weight-bearing and the car seems fine afterwards.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    My 5000slx came with 4 riser blocks; 2 that were slightly higher than the lift frames and 2 that were much higher. If your 7000 series didn't come with these, then you can use hockey pucks.

17. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Mine came with 8 rectangular rubber riser blocks too but I found them too high and too wide to properly fit the jack points on the F430 and Cali T so I use hockey pucks and fit & height is just right.

18. eric355

eric355 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2005
    Toulouse (France)
    Full Name:
    Eric DECOUX
    I really enjoy my QuickJack. Just replaced the 2 buttons command by a wireless remote. Much easier to turn around the car while setting the blocks under the lifting points.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

colorfull, RS RS, S F and 1 other person like this.
  19. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    That is cool! I like that wireless remote idea.

Would you mind sharing where I can purchase one of those?

Thanks!

Dan

20. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    Just got one of these. Any parts that should be swapped to higher quality fitting etc?

21. eric355

eric355 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2005
    Toulouse (France)
    Full Name:
    Eric DECOUX
    Here is the link for the remote casing :
    https://www.ebay.fr/itm/1PC-New-2-Buttons-Hand-Remote-Hoist-And-Crane-Pendant-Control-Station/183874544205?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Here is the receiver and telecommands I have used :
    https://www.amazon.fr/QIACHIP-Telecommande-Commutateur-Recepteur-Transmetteurs/dp/B0837NZRZV

I just installed one telecommand in the remote casing and connected the 2 buttons.
    On the QuickJack power group, I have installed a connector which allows to connect either the wireless receiver or the OEM remote.

whatheheck likes this.
  22. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Cool!

Thanks for sharing.

Dan

23. David Copeland

Mar 9, 2019
    League City, TX
    Full Name:
    David Scott Copeland
    Purchased BL-5000SLX at Costco for $1079 while on sale in 2019. Free delivery straight to door in few days. Very pleased and works great on 360.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

whatheheck and kes7u like this.
  24. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Same everything on my part!

Kevin

whatheheck likes this.