Annoying paint stuff - hot to resolve it. Thanks. | FerrariChat

Annoying paint stuff - hot to resolve it. Thanks.

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by CrapsLuckyDice, Dec 15, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CrapsLuckyDice

CrapsLuckyDice Karting

Apr 28, 2019
    NJ, USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I've attached three photos containing paint chip/imperfections? that I really want fixed but am curious do these really minor things simply require a touch up by a Ferrari authorized bodyshop, or go to Ferrari dealership to get it done, or are there other alternatives. I am not doing anything by myself nor am I going to skimp out doing it right. I'm just curious what is the best way to get these annoying things fixed up. Thanks.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ntatfas

ntatfas Karting

Apr 27, 2011
    UK
    The door shut image (if that is what it is) looks like a door rubbing/fit issue. If so you will need to have that attended to before repair and painting. Most probably best to use a dealership or experienced (Ferrari) shop for that.

After that, and for me, it all depends on where you brought the car, its age and remaining warranty to decide if you go through a dealer, go to a dealer recommended paint shop or use a trusted 3rd party. I am sure others will have 3rd party recommendations for your area.

3. CrapsLuckyDice

CrapsLuckyDice Karting

Apr 28, 2019
    NJ, USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Thanks. Actually the second image is just a continuation of the third image. What I mean is that both are related to the front bumper as it goes upwards and aligns with the front trunk. To be clear, the annoying paint isn't on the trunk cover but the bumper side.

4. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    You should do as I did, when I bought the car. Got to an Indi and get a paint correction, wrap then ceramic. Never have to worry again and will look like diamonds! Here's mine and she's black. People can't get over it. Not sure where you are in "JOISEY", but my guy is in New Rochelle. NY.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

GT2goneF, Drson, mdrums and 1 other person like this.
  5. CrapsLuckyDice

CrapsLuckyDice Karting

Apr 28, 2019
    NJ, USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Thanks. I just checked it out. 1hr at least to get to your area (I'm in the Livingston/Short Hills area). Not sure of any good paint people but I wrote down Ultimate Collision Repair and Classic Coach Repair both in NJ which I believe I somehow got when searching Google and got pointed to some old threads in Ferrarichat.

6. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    He's the best in NYC and even handles stars cars like Mariano Rivera, rappers, actors and everybody I know exotic wise.

7. spyder625

spyder625 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2017
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike
    is that the OEM batter tender out the passenger side door?

8. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    I don't think it's OEM, cause no Rarri on it, but I believe it comparable....

Image Unavailable, Please Login

paulchua likes this.
  9. CrapsLuckyDice

CrapsLuckyDice Karting

Apr 28, 2019
    NJ, USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Sorry which one is best NYC area? Classic Coach or Ultimate Collision?

10. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    GT2goneF, cole328 and jm2 like this.
  11. spyder625

spyder625 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2017
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike
    thanks

12. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    Apologies! Responded to the wrong post! lol
    IMO, and that of countless others, my shop is best is in NYC. If you want the info, PM me and I'll send you the website and hook you up w/ owner, if need be...

13. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    Yes, it's a term used in NYC, just like Benz for MB, Jag for Jaguar, Bimmer for BMW, Lambo for Lamborghini and the likes. What the hell do you know, living in Scandinavia, of what we say in NYC?! Also, what the hell are you saying in your signature ass hat?! Moronic!

14. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    You resort to name calling over that little banter? You are a class act, aren't you.
    I don't know what's wrong with you, but I will suggest that you get some help with your anger management.

Good luck in life. I mean that.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

15. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    LMAO! Wow, what a weak statement. You know what anger management gets you in NYC, absolutely nothing. Don't let all the libtards you see on the news fool you, 99% of them are not native NYers as I am, and are absolutely clueless in life. If you want to sling the ****, deal w/ the consequences pup. Otherwise, hold your tongue!

16. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    2 day ban for personal attack on another member. Remember, battle ideas and points - no need to call a member moronic for not liking slang.

I sympathize; Rari is a nickname like Bimmer, Macca, Fezza, Chevy, Merc, etc. Nothing wrong with using slang. Calling another member an "a-hat and moronic" is.

mdrums, GT2goneF and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  17. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Lived there just before the Trump tower was built, left just a little after it was finished.

18. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Also lived in Morristown, very close to Short Hills... Very nice area.

19. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    lmk if you want to bring there. PM me, give me your name, and I'll hook you up w/ the owner. Coincidentally, my car is going there this week.

20. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    Apologies and understood!

paulchua likes this.
  21. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I live in California now... Kinda far. Thanks though.

22. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    LOL, FOR SURE

23. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Your Pug is the best, love that breed! Bundle of Love and Joy in a small package.

24. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I got this same unit, works for me. I believe Ferrari just subcontracts out and slaps their logo on it - then asks for double the price.

:)

Sargepug likes this.