New F8 Spider | FerrariChat

New F8 Spider

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by fiorano_1, Dec 24, 2020.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fiorano_1

fiorano_1 Rookie

Jun 12, 2012
    College Grove, Tennessee, USA
    Full Name:
    Blaise Barrelet
    I just received my new F8 Spider 3 days ago. They said it's the 2nd delivered in San Diego, California, USA. I previously had a 488 Spider and many Ferraris before. I find the new car a bigger step up than most people would agree on. Better look, braking, electronic, comfort, suspension. The only CONS to me is what it sounds like, the annoying start screen and the automatic engine stop at idle that can't be turned off in the car settings. Anyway you'll love the cars and I will post pictures on my @aventadorguy instagram. BTW, I love the new Ferrari Scuderia Red.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Congratulations!

3. hyroller

hyroller Rookie

Feb 3, 2007
    Naples FL/LinvilleNC
    stavura, Cigarzman, MANDALAY and 3 others like this.
  4. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Are you sure start-stop can’t be turned off?

5. jmX

jmX Rookie

Jul 8, 2020
    Southern California
    I borrowed Costa Mesa's F8 Spyder for the day earlier this week and the start stop never kicked in once - they had somehow disabled it. Not sure if they had to change a setting at the service center, or if its a user adjustable setting. I never once had to press the button to disable it at startup. Startup screen is annoying tho...

6. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    The start stop feature can be turned off. I believe, if not mistaken, it is located on the roof by the mirror... I think...

7. jmX

jmX Rookie

Jul 8, 2020
    Southern California
    I just thought it was something that needed to be pressed once every time the car was started. I never touched the button and started the car probably a dozen times throughout the day. If that's how all f8's are I'm very relieved.

8. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Don't thank me yet. I don't have my car. However, I think that if it couldn't be turned off, you would have a massive thread on that alone. The fact that there isn't one, tells me that it may be turned off indefinitely.

9. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Congratulations! If your car is the same as my 2020 Superfast, all you need to do is turn if off every time you start up. Annoying

10. Steveinfl

Steveinfl Karting

May 14, 2016
    Hilton Head SC and Chicago IL
    Full Name:
    Steven Clayton
    What's up with the start screen?

11. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Yes it can be turned off by pressing button A thats in the cluster of the rear view mirror.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    That being said I’ve also noticed that if you forget to disable it, the engine does not always shut off when stopping. Maybe it is dependent on the driving mode you are in, idk for sure.

13. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    I think it depends on the charge present in the battery. If its deemed to be too low the the stop start doesn't turn on when stopped. Its actually like that in all my cars that have the stop start.

14. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Gorgeous car… Congratulations. By the way, did you say that a $400,000 Ferrari as an eco auto stop start feature? That’s just horrible

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

15. barazaar

barazaar Rookie

Feb 27, 2015
    I like the same color roof opposed to the black. Looks really nice, I currently have a 430 with 12k miles that I am going to sell and then order the F8 Spider.

16. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Congratulations, enjoy the car in the perfect Southern California weather and roads!!!