First time Ferrari owner, NorCal | FerrariChat

First time Ferrari owner, NorCal

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by zooby21, Dec 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zooby21

zooby21 Rookie

Jun 19, 2013
    Sacramento CA
    Full Name:
    Zooby
    Hey there, I would like to introduce my self I am Zooby from Sacramento CA. I recently purchased a 2004 Ferrari F360 Modena from a private owner down in Naples Florida. It is Grigio Titanio exterior with Bordeaux interior. This is my first Ferrari, first exotic car so its quite exciting and nerve wrecking at the same time. Anyways I am looking forward to putting some mileage on the car once it arrives to CA. Would love to meet any local NorCal members on this forum at some point in time (once things settle down). Anyways I'll post some pics and would love to chat with you all.

Stay safe!

lee-o likes this.
  2. lee-o

lee-o Karting

Dec 8, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Congrats! I had an '02 360, Grigio Tianio, but with blue interior. IMHO, still a great looking car, and a blast to drive. If you have the stock exhaust, it is worth looking into the OEM sport exhaust, or one of the aftermarket exhausts.

3. zooby21

zooby21 Rookie

Jun 19, 2013
    Sacramento CA
    Full Name:
    Zooby

Hey lee-o thanks for sharing. Yeah I would love to get my hands on an OEM sports exhaust but after doing some research on these forums it's like finding a unicorn. Those exhausts are almost non existent. The one I'm looking for at least which comes standard in the CS and some regular 360s were lucky enough to have them optioned out with that. But capristo stage 3 is music to my ears as well. Bit of a sticker shock when I see how much exhausts costs for a Ferrari versus "regular" cars.. But I guess it is what it is ‍♀️

lee-o likes this.
  4. lee-o

lee-o Karting

Dec 8, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Lee
    I had the CS exhaust, for some reason Ferrari was running a special on it at the time I had it installed, and I was having some insurance work done which covered a new exhaust system. The CS exhaust, was actually less than the original exhaust. Who would have thought that...The exhaust systems for Ferraris are very expensive, but then again, the fixed costs are spread across relatively few sales. There are sound bites of several exhausts for the 360 you can find online and listen. Some are built better than others, but many come with lifetime guarantees, so much of the choice boils down to which one sounds best to you. If you go for long drives, keep in mind that a loud exhaust or one that drones can wear on you after a couple of hours.

5. lee-o

lee-o Karting

Dec 8, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Also, the sport exhausts (including the CS) have much less insulation within the mufflers, so check on whether the mfg offers heat shielding to protect nearby components.