Anybody know this high mileage 2010 California for sale in Maryland | FerrariChat

Anybody know this high mileage 2010 California for sale in Maryland

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by artsd, Dec 29, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. artsd

artsd Formula Junior
    Owner

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    Art
  2. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Quite the ad copy:

"Two things essential to every king was his castle and royal carriage. While getting your own castle may be a bit of a challenge, you can still travel like a royalty. Be your own king behind the wheel of this Ferrari California. Get all the power, safety, and convenience rolled into one with this Ferrari California. You won't find a mechanical difference between this car and the same car fresh off the factory floor. We know you want a vehicle that looks good. "

I picture a heavy-set middle age guy in a worn leisure suit with an unlit week-old cheap cigar between his teeth, about to ask what it's going to take to get you into this car today.

Ads like that, to me, are a HUGE red flag.

Just my 2/100 of a buck

Jedi

3. artsd

artsd Formula Junior
    Owner

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    Art
    Agree the ad copy is very stupid. I haven’t even called yet to see if this car actually exists. Maybe I will tomorrow.

There is a 2012 close to me that I might take a look at. Spoke to sales person today and she took some videos for me. It is at a legit Chevy dealer in FL. Was taken in on C8 trade. Very beat up inside for the miles and no records except for CarFax which sucks. Why any dealer would take a Fcar trade without records is beyond me but it seems to be the norm.
    https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/833957925/overview/?aff=atempest&cmp=atempest&utm_source=AutoTempest&utm_medium=TRP&utm_campaign=atempest

4. DavidPutty

DavidPutty Karting

Jan 19, 2020
    Del Boca Vista
  5. artsd

artsd Formula Junior
    Owner

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    Art
    Very low miles... for a 2010 Toyota Camry :)

6. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Why are the first 5 years of history essentially MIA on the CarFax? Looks like 2nd owner couldn't afford the deferred maintenance.

7. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
    R-U-N!

8. artsd

artsd Formula Junior
    Owner

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    Art
    Thanks for the comments folks. I am not going to bother with that 2010. My sister is checking out the 2012 for me tomorrow since she lives nearby. If it looks good and if they actually find any maintenance records in the glove box or trunk, then I may get more interested.

9. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
    There is nothing as expensive as a cheap Ferrari!:rolleyes:

10. artsd

artsd Formula Junior
    Owner

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    Art
    I agree with you 100% but one Ferrari always has to be the least expensive one for sale at any particular time. If due solely to "high" mileage, that may be something that a buyer is willing to accept. If due to lack of maintenance or accident then of course that is a different story. But even most rebuilt salvage cars seem to find a buyer eventually. To each his own I suppose.

11. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I was more concerned about the lack of service history than the high mileage. First seven years of maintenance is covered for the California, so missing service records, imo, is a red flag.

12. SLViper1

SLViper1 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2014
    Nashville/Destin
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Many of the high mile (for Ferrari) cars were rentals, see corporate use on carfax in some cases. Some for visitors some for track use. Many get rode hard and hung up wet. Still lack of factory free maintenance can be a red flag. Keep looking and a more lightly used Cali with full records will present itself for 5-10 K more. Will cost you less and sell for that much more when you decide to sell.
    Good Luck!

alex likes this.