Which would you choose? Why? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Which would you choose? Why?

Discussion in '360/430' started by F612, Jan 1, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Don’t ask others what you like... buy what talks to you.

Dewinator and m5shiv like this.
  2. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    Probably because he thinks the 360 is fast lol !!

jag-oo-r and SpencerMarks like this.
  3. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    (since March of 2020) What traffic?
    also, as others have said, plenty of mountain roads in the BA

4. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    isn't this what 458 owners said about 430?
    488 about 458
    F8 about 488
    720S about F8
    P100D about fossil burners?

Apollo 11 and Fangio5 like this.
  5. F612

F612 Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2018
    Leeds,AL
    Full Name:
    David D. Hood
    We have plenty of good roads and weather in N Alabama.
    Thanks for the advice and suggestions.
    I’ll go find a 430.

Rick Weston, jag-oo-r, catdog and 2 others like this.
  6. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    So funny… I have a 2007 f430 spider. Bought a year and a half ago and now has 23,000 miles on it. Absolutely love it!,....but one of the reasons I wanted to upgrade to a 458 it someday the 488 was because of the available hardtop. Now I just really appreciate the old-school style of the cloth....

7. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

430 for me. The 430 still looks more contemporary to me due to the headlights ye begin with. I love mine.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    It doesn’t bother you that unlike every other car on the road where the headlight is built to fit the headlight “space” in the design, the F430 headlight sits awkwardly on one side of the space since the space was designed for the 360 headlight?

9. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Facts not in evidence when I purchased her kind sir...

In all seriousness, I never noticed until you just pointed that out. I love both cars, but since I own a 430, I love mine more.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Dewinator likes this.
  10. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

No, I did not notice that because after a car friend of mine pointed out that the 360 front end resembles a squished downward Porsche Cayenne or Macan front end I could not look at a 360 the same again, also the 360 lights did not stand the test of time as well as the 430’s did. I don’t think that is unreasonable. The chain cams and the updated interior and exterior I think are worth the delta in purchasing cost. I also had a 991.2 and did not want a 991.1. Buy what you love and drive it.

11. catdog

catdog Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2010
    Love the clean look of the 360 but enjoying my 430, the engine feels just right, enough power/tractability and nice screamer at the top. Loved it in F1-guise and love it now after conversion to manual, can't go wrong with F430. The mannetino and various driving modes and their effect on throttle response, suspension, traction control e-diff, and shifting regime (in F1) makes it a multi-dimensional vehicle and if your daily driver makes it all worthwhile regardless of the power increase vs. 360.

12. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    Good call! The premium on 360 manuals hurts but on F430s is crazy. I'm sure you have much greater peace of mind now not having to worry about F1 headaches and manuals are much more true driver's cars.

Mimmo Blue likes this.
  13. DiabloTerr

DiabloTerr Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2010
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Terrance Findley
    I drove the 430, 488, etc Before I bought my 360. In an actual straight line race there’s not a ton of difference between a 430 and a 360, It’s not like either one could stand a chance against a $35,000 C6Z06. The added torque makes 430 feel much faster than 360 but I’ve seen them lined up multiple times and it’s about what you would expect when a low 12 second car races a high 11 second car...

Heck a 430 will get slapped around by a scat pack charger with 3K worth of mods. At this point were pretty much every car performance car is in the low 11 second to 10 second range I would get the car they talked to me the most. These are quickly becoming classic cars, not the 720 S or F8 of today.

Apollo 11 and Dewinator like this.
  14. Atlantic

Atlantic Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2015
    Porto, Portugal/New York, USA
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Having looked closely at both before purchasing my 430, I would recommend that you do the same. The 430 is far more powerful and is less expensive to maintain. I went with an 09 Berlinetta and I love it.

15. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    Low end torque is everything to people that don't know how to drive though! You'd think these cars would be old enough not to attract the magazine racer crowd but we're not quite there yet.

KC360 FL and DiabloTerr like this.
  16. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    This. Anytime I read about a “slow” comment about the 360 I roll my eyes.. Most FCar drivers can’t drive their cars. Someone who knows how to squeeze their 360 versus a 458 driver who usually can’t.. it’s a pretty even drive except where you dont have to know how to drive a-la the straights.

KC360 FL, brookliner7, BrettC and 2 others like this.
  17. tmvatlanta

tmvatlanta Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2017
    Covington GA
    Full Name:
    Tam V.
    F430, better programming, timing chain.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

18. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I can't believe the thread carried on with no comments or questions about a drifter and her dog helping themselves to your Ferrari. What happened?!

Apollo 11, kes7u and m5shiv like this.
  19. Maine57S1

Maine57S1 Karting

Dec 5, 2016
    Full Name:
    John
    California happened :)

kes7u, Dewinator and BJK like this.
  20. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    I was waiting for @MRY to show up in Gorda. I grabbed a double espresso and then wandered over to the cliffs to get an ocean view. I ended up having a small nap ! When I came to, there she was ! Everyone knew her because the dog had kept everyone awake after it had been skunked and left outside the rental cabins. She told me she bought the car from a dealer and drove down a fortnight ago ! That Big Sur in a Ferrari was her dream ! I was tempted to use violence in the first few moments, especially as I could smell the dog. But the local fossil merchant Daniel and his friend Rob talked her out the car and I gave the starving dog a treat and yanked it out. Rangers said they had talked to her last night, don't know why but they knew her name. Was about 40 minutes for LE to arrive and they came in force - six cars. I left after the first 2 released me, and they said they would get her an ambulance because she was clearly tripping.

MRY and NMNMNMN like this.
  21. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    I think it’s part of the “participation trophy” generation. Nobody wants to take time to learn to be good at a sport or wring the performance out of car, just play the game without practicing or step on it in any gear “yep feels fast trophy achieved”.

KC360 FL likes this.
  22. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    No. I know how to drive my cars. A lot depends on the roads you have access to on a regular basis. There are many roads here where you are taking corners at, say, around 3000 rpm in 2nd at the apex. In a 430 anywhere from 2500 to 4000 is a sweet spot and a nicely calibrated point in power delivery. As you come out, the excitement builds, but there’s enough torque through the corner to have fun. (Responsibly). In a 360 or 355, below the sweet spot, and less satisfying. Could you take those turns at whatever rpm that corresponds to in 1st in those cars, maybe, but IRL I don’t drive around country lane corners at 6000 rpm in first gear, nobody does.

Same corner in a 488 would be at peak boost, very fast but a bit depressing, you want to build as you come out, not feel like you’ve been shot out of a cannon.

that’s a crucial and important difference. Sure, if you’re on a track or in a drag race it’s different but that’s not relevant for me. So that’s why the 430 has a big advantage, on the roads I like to drive on, tight twisties.

Atlantic and Danedingerson like this.