812 VS Rumors | Page 124 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017
    really??

2. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    Well probably is just a not “factory visual”... but the intent seems to be to announce and show a new model...

3. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    Caeruleus11 likes this.
  4. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017
  5. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Relax. This is for a simple TM 812.

The 812 limited will not be announced before April and the open version several weeks thereafter.

Marcel Massini

6. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    April?! Tell the Ferrari experience department to go out with the definitive camo-car because otherwise someone goes crazy haha

7. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    Oh no I am one of those borderliners!
    There is no list that I know of.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

JagShergill likes this.
  8. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    Not a rumor! The list of names are all out. That’s about all I can say.

BG23 likes this.
  9. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    That’s correct. The list of names are coming from either Maranello or the regional headquarters.

10. ferr9000

ferr9000 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2013
    Full Name:
    SFF
    #3085 ferr9000, Jan 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    The preliminary internal process began three weeks ago aprox.
    Some regions/markets could be more advanced than others or could have differences.

Factory and regionals send a list to dealers with client names who COULD be potencial clients for the VS. Dealers have to confirm if they consider this clients part of their most important ones, suggest someone who is not on the list and/or suggest someone to be removed from the list.
    Take not that at this step dealers don’t know for what is all these. No car or project is mentioned until now.

That’s where the process is right now..more to follow.

11. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Thank you for some good information. Always appreciated!

Lukeylikey, TSOYBELIS and JagShergill like this.
  12. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    See my post #2871

13. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    In the past that was the case. Like But as far as I know th
    If a dealer decides to propose potential clients, how many can he add to the list? And the lists that Ferrari initially sends, consists of how many names? Like 30 top clients or more like 5 top clients. Surely this varies, but would you know on average. Furthermore, are there two lists (one for spider & one for coupe) or is there one big list and then Maranello decides the variant allocation amongst the lucky ones?

14. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    My understanding is that a list of names is sent to the dealership. Say there are 10 names on it. Dealership is asked if there are any of these 10 that are not deserving and should be removed and are there any the dealer feels should be added. Say 9 on the original list sent are approved/liked/endorsed by the dealer and one taken off and then 5 more are added for a total of 14 names. Well that list is returned to Ferrari but with out any guarantee those 14 or even the original 9 will get the new unnamed car.

So far there is but one list and no one knows the criteria for this new car. There could also be qualifying conditions given to these 14 people in my example of say you must own a 812 SF or 812 GTS. It's a mystery.

15. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Are you sure ....?

16. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Thanks for the info

17. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    From what I know is that list is about 9-12 people and as others have pointed out the dealer has the list and all the names on that list has been contacted. People at the borderline are will have to be endorsed by their respective dealership. There are criteria as to how many cars one has owned in the past with a variety of models and how many currently owned. No one knows the specifics.

18. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    Right. That‘s also how it went for the TDF and other “limited models” in the past. But apparently, according to previous posts on here, this time dealers initiated the process by sending a list with prospective clients to the factory first and then Ferrari returns this list with who is granted an allocation and who isn’t. De facto the exact criteria have not been communicated yet nor the specifics + there seems to be regional differences. Continental Europe, UK, USA etc. I personally believe you’ll def. need an 812SF or GTS + at least 5 other Ferraris (incl. other V12s) on top of a long history since first purchase and a strong mix of the range - say either one, both or all three Lusso, Roma, Portofino... I also think that both 812VS variants (coupe and spider) will be limited as Ferrari realized that they sort of f*****up with the 488 Pista’s exclusivity - even 488 Pista Spider are no where near as rare as a 458SA (look at how many are already up for sale) + I’d argue there are more Pista Coupes then 458Speciales and 430Scuderias together. IMO in accordance to the financial goals Ferrari has set and to ensure happy shareholders they will price the 812 VS relatively higher but will retain exclusivity as international demand is more than sufficient as we’ve seen for the GTS selling out...

19. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Not necessarily saying you are wrong but I have a pretty strong history and was told I am In a good spot and I haven’t heard a word...picked up the first customer Roma at my dealer and asked a few weeks ago...they said they don’t have details yet. Plenty here w stronger purchase lists and I haven’t heard anyone say they have been contacted. My understanding is they are still working through it. But hey...maybe I am wrong. Certainly will be bummed if so.

20. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    The 812 VS will be the last of the large displacement v12's with no assistance from Ferrari, I believe they are working on 3.5L V12 which is very high revving 1100 to 12000rpm to go with a hybrid system for the replacement.

444sp and ferrarifanatic25 like this.
  21. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    If that is true and it’s anything like the small displacement GMA T50 V12 is anything to go by, then it’ll be glorious.

Caeruleus11 and red passion like this.
  22. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017
    open version is 812 VS Aperta ???!

23. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017
    isot likes this.
  24. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    If we have to go hybrid, I can certainly get behind this.

ForeverCar, 9nb and Caeruleus11 like this.
  25. j34

j34 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 13, 2019
    USA
    Full Name:
    J
    Hopefully you have better intel than I do. I’m hearing V12 done after VS Aperta, except maybe in Hypercar.

9nb likes this.