Mystery Tool for Ferrari/Maserati - Any one know its use? | FerrariChat

Mystery Tool for Ferrari/Maserati - Any one know its use?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by khalid mukhtar, Jan 7, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. khalid mukhtar

khalid mukhtar Karting

Jul 8, 2020
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Full Name:
    khalid mukhtar
  2. Ferrari Tech

Ferrari Tech Formula 3

Mar 5, 2010
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Wade Williams
    It is an oil additive demonstration device. The plastic wells would have different oils, one with the far superior additive being sold. A metal rod is clamped into the swirl polished arm. It is turned on. The torque is applied and shown to the viewers. The readout has AMP to show the resistance needed to turn the drum being rubbed on with oil X in well #1, temp gauge show how hot it gets. Move to well #2, rotate the metal rod to a fresh spot and see how well oil Y (synthetic) does. Less AMPS and less heat. Now let's get a fresh spot on the metal rod and let me show you the magic fluid that will save the world. Well Z has the stuff. Look at the torque that can be applied and the AMPs, wow almost nothing, but wait there's more. NO HEAT! This stuff is amazing.

Take it on the road, you could make millions.

It is very cool and I would love to find one like that. I would enjoy that in the shop, just for fun.

MK1044, Bigilo, Llenroc and 2 others like this.
  3. khalid mukhtar

khalid mukhtar Karting

Jul 8, 2020
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Full Name:
    khalid mukhtar
    Wow, that is some good information, I would have never thought of that info. thank you very much.

4. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
  5. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    Wade,
    I am impressed!
    Definitely a lot of effort to sell snake oil. I have seen similar but really simple devices made of little plastic gears show a friction reduction of some additive, but nowhere near anything like this

6. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    Image Unavailable, Please Login There's one of these at the Carquest near me. Fun to turn the cranks.
    Disclaimer: I would never buy Lucas products, they consider everything a "trade secret". I need to know what I'm buying.

JCR likes this.
  7. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    One of the country's top engine builders recommends it. He had me use it during break-in and said to use it if tracking. He did his own track testing and found superior oil pressure during the kind of long hard corners that can reduce bearing oiling.

8. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    I have one of those!

Bertil likes this.
  9. Ferrari Tech

Ferrari Tech Formula 3

Mar 5, 2010
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Wade Williams
    I have used a couple Lucas products. They did exactly what they said they would do. I had an 06 Buick that would seep coolant into a cylinder. After work trying to start it, the starter would struggle for the first rotation, then catch and start on 5, steam out the exhaust and then run on all 6. Lucas had a head gasket sealer that I poured into the radiator and it never used coolant again, and didn't make it run hot.
    Then when the power steering was leaking and whining, poured in the power steering magic and it was quiet and less leakage.
    I was very impressed.

10. Ferrari Tech

Ferrari Tech Formula 3

Mar 5, 2010
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Wade Williams
    I really want to see the OP fire it up and spin some metal. I want it actually.