F8 or STO? | Page 48 | FerrariChat

F8 or STO?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by dustman, Nov 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Do it.

Thecadster, Shack and wthensler like this.
  2. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    How does one build the launch spec on the configurator? It seems the orange offered for the secondary colour isn’t the same, nor does it cover the side skirts in the same way. I also don’t see it as an option for the brake calipers. Blacked out rear engine bonnet also not showing on the configurator. Some of the white pin striping isn’t showing as an option either.

3. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    The configurator is very ordinary and doesnt depict things very acurately least of all show all what they have. Its way better than the ferrari configurator which is as bad as ive come across. The best configurator is on porsches website. Im advised a trip into the dealer is the best way to finalise an sto selection. Maybe this is deliberate - that way they have a better chance of nailing you down.

4. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Schmee is passionate about his cars and at least knows about them so kudos to him for going to the trouble. He’d also be a damn sight more palatable to watch that some of his critics id say.

Ryan13 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  5. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Seriously?......I am really considering. This would be in lieu of the EVO RWD Spyder, and I wouldn't see it 'till late '22 (which is fine timing-wise).

Wonder if it'll have the GPF by then?

They say dreaming is free, but to play it's a $10k deposit, non-refundable. I didn't yet get into details, but Shmee mentioned a second deposit (?)

Ironically, I'd have both the F8 and STO.....what a combo!

Ash Patel and Shack like this.
  6. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    So finalized my build today and gave my final deposit. My STO is going to be submitted by end of this month, it'll be a June build and July delivery.

Spider68, Boomhauer, Fastmd and 3 others like this.
  7. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Would you kindly enlighten me how the process worked? Deposit for allocation, spec, final deposit?

8. Fastmd

Fastmd Karting

Dec 1, 2011
    New Jersey
    This can be done via ADP, your dealer can do it for you. Won’t show on the configurator.

Evey dealer is different. My dealer requests $5K refundable to hold a spot. Then 10% non-refundable once spec is final and they have an allocation.
    I paid the $5K and 10% back in November.

ScrappyB and SLDriver like this.
  9. Fastmd

Fastmd Karting

Dec 1, 2011
    New Jersey
    My Mclaren dealer works the same way as my Lambo dealer.

My Porsche dealer and Benz dealer don’t request anything from me. I built my AMG GT BS and have confirmed delivery date with no money given.

All depends on the dealer.

wthensler likes this.
  10. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    I’m gonna check it out this week. Normally I wouldn’t be happy about such a long wait, but in this case it actually works in my favor. Heck, Ferrari already has my deposit for the F8 Spider and I don’t even have an allocation yet.

11. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    I paid $5k to spec and hold the slot and $25k once the spec was locked in and submitted to the factory so $30k total. I also provided $500 back in 2017 for the first STO slot which paid off.

Btw, I had a good convo with Shmee150 on IG. He's very excited about the STO and he already knows his spec so it'll be interesting to see what he comes up with. Glad a Lamborghini has finally joined his garage.

12. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    The configurator has really improved and very simple to use. With so many combinations possible its been very well done. Very good for such a massive combination of permutations that are possible.

wthensler likes this.
  13. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The STO looks amazing. The design aesthetic so purposely fits its racing pedigree. Very impressive.

GT2goneF and Shack like this.
  14. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Do you or anyone here have a sense of what the options bill would be to spec an exact copy of the launch car?

15. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Save yourself a few thousand $ and leave out the STO logo.

Boomhauer and dustman like this.
  16. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    I’d think Lambo would share that with you. When at the dealer, he mentioned the MSRP, but at the time I didn’t think to ask to see the window sticker or build sheet. I snapped a few pics of the exterior, but I don’t recall everything inside or the additional features.

Some of what it had does not show up on the configurator (e.g., color). That blue Is not the metallic Cepheus. I’d for sure skip the logos (which do show up).

I’m going to contact a friend who’s slated for a very early delivery to see what his overall thoughts are, and how he intends to use the car. He’s a long time Lambo enthusiast and knows the brand inside and out.

ScrappyB likes this.
  17. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Yeah, not bad, but it doesn’t allow you to see everything the dealer can. So in a sense it’s a subset.....and no pricing either.

18. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I would skip the STO decal, onboard camera/telemetry, fire extinguisher and roll bar (not available in this market).

What I’m mainly curious about is the cost to have the central part of the roof and rear engine cover painted in black as well as all the orange and white striping along the various edges of the spoilers, fin and louvres. The blue seat detail and orange piping also looks like a special request option. I have no sense of what Lambo charges for these kinds of things.

19. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Agreed its a subset but compared to the initial launch configurator its had a major update. Way too many additional options for it to be fully featured and its best to go to the dealer to feel/play with the actual materials as its more tactile.

ScrappyB likes this.
  20. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Go to you dealer with a a bottle of whiskey and sit down. At least you will be calm when all is revealed :)

GT2goneF and ScrappyB like this.
  21. gabf1

gabf1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2004
    Rockies
    Great video. I like Shmee for his enthusiasm about cars. It works for me. This is very tempting to want to get.

Boomhauer and ScrappyB like this.
  22. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I’m well conditioned and sadly borderline numb to the world of supercar option extortion. Was hoping Lambo might show its customers some mercy but it appears not. I also hope the car actually sounds like the one in Shmee’s video and that GPFs don’t find their way into this model during its production life.

Shack likes this.
  23. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    The reveal is pretty tricked out and had an MSRP of $417 from what I remember, so add or subtract accordingly for your situation.

A base STO is $327. To put that in perspective, a base F8 Spider is $300. It's only money.............

Agree about the GPF, and no one seems to know, but I bet there'll be an aftermarket workaround.

Shack and Thecadster like this.
  24. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    LOL, not to give to the sales rep as a nice gesture, for you to drink and be able to accept the numbers with ease.

Shack likes this.
  25. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    My guess is we see GFP for MY22 cars.

Shack and wthensler like this.