F8 - Tires that came with your Tributo or Spider | FerrariChat

F8 Tires that came with your Tributo or Spider

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by gzachary, Jan 10, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    My F8 spider should be showing up soon and I forgot to ask what exact tires are mounted on the car.

For those that have received the Tributo, what tires did you receive? Same question for those with the Spider.

I ordered the TYHP high performance tire option. I am now wondering what exact set of tires I am going to receive.

2. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    If you got TYHP then they will be Pirelli P Zeros. If you want Michelins on any model, you must specify at the time car is specced. The usual code for that is TYMX. The default is always Pirelli's and Michelins are a free option but just need to specify.

johnr265 and GT2goneF like this.
  3. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I requested MPS2.

4. Bigbobo

Bigbobo Karting

Jul 25, 2020
    Northern CA
    Is TYMX available for F8s? I did not see that code on the options list. The only tire option I saw was for the Cup 2 tires.

5. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Just tell them which ones you want. Also depends of availability

6. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Got Pzeros.

7. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    It's not on the options list, you just have to specify with your SA and it will be entered into Modis. Just like the interior dreamline options, they exist only when you request them. Most sales advisors either don't mention them or aren't aware of it until you inquire.

johnr265 likes this.
  8. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Didn’t specify anything and got the Pzeros, not impressed with them at all. I have cup 2s on the car that i will save for track days and warm weather. Gonna pickup a set of 4S’s

9. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Not quite sure how TYHP can be PZero shoes if it's the high performance option. The base tyre is the PZero. Cars sometimes come with that or Michelins. You can try and specify this, but reality is that the car is delivered with what was in stock at the time. Some get Pirellis and some get MPSS. The MPSS is slowly being phased out currently and Michelin is not developing an MPS4S variant. While the most common tyre for the early cars, as well as the debut cars were MPSS, the norm now is the PZero unfortunately.

There is the MPSC2 variant, but unless you track, or live in a very hot climate, there are no performance benefit from the Cup 2 as a road tyre.

Get your car, wear what ever is on it down quickly, and get what you prefer.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

MalibuGuy and GT2goneF like this.
  10. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Would like to add that from what I can tell, the only tyre option that has an added price is the Cup 2. And boy are they overcharging for these lol.

GT2goneF likes this.
  11. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Dreamlines are listed on PDF. But with tires, as it has been previously stated, they are not listed. You have to specify. If not they will select for you. From what I hear, the usually default to Pirellis.

12. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    #12 MalibuGuy, Jan 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    I wonder why Michelin hasn’t offered its current best version the MP4S for the Ferrari F8?
    As far as PZero vs MPSS, the PZero (4) may be the better tire. That was my impression comparing them on my 458. So I’ll be happy if my F8 spider is wearing P 4s.

Going back to the MP4s, perhaps Michelin has a newer tire which will eventually be offered for the F8

13. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I'm not a fan of the PZ4 on the F8 or 488. I think the MPSS is more stable and takes much less time to come on. Reality is that the MPSS and MPS4S is fairly close. Pirelli still have issues with dry grip when cold, not doing too well in the wet and tramlining. Those are my PZ4 experiences on both the 812 and F8.

The reason why Michelin is not doing an MPS4S is simple. Ferrari have not asked them to. Ferrari is not doing any development on the F8. Tyre testing for that took place a long time ago, and from a financial standpoint it made sense cor Ferrari to stick to the MPSS K3.

In the future there might be a tyre for the LB that would fit. But that is dependant on the LB sticking to the same size. However, there's no guarantee that a tyre for the LB will work well for the F8, and thus it is no better to choose that over the N spec or general purpose variant. Currently I personally think the 1+ size general purpose MPS4S is the best Michelin road shoe for 488's and F8's.

GT2goneF likes this.
  14. Divexxtreme

Divexxtreme Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I specified Michelin PS4S for my F8, and based on the pic Ferrari sent me of my completed car (it’s being shipped now) it has Michelins on it.

GT2goneF likes this.
  15. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    It will be interesting to follow up on that - it would mean that Ferrari accepts non-specific (i.e. no K-marking) tyres as OEM (early F8 I saw with Michelin had the PSS K3).

16. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    There are no Ferrari OE MPS4S for the F8. If anything, MPSS.

GT2goneF likes this.
  17. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    Well my F8 Spider should show up soon. It has been stuck in customs since early December. A documentation 'error.' Either that or customs is driving my car around to check out the TYHP high performance tires I ordered :)

GT2goneF likes this.
  18. Divexxtreme

Divexxtreme Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #18 Divexxtreme, Jan 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    Well you might be 100% correct. I can tell they’re Michelins from the pic Ferrari sent me, but not which model. Thanks for the info.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Senna1994 and GT2goneF like this.
  19. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Probably K3. But hey, they are very nice at any rate. Good looking car:)

20. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    megamarco9, johnr265 and GT2goneF like this.
  21. Bigbobo

Bigbobo Karting

Jul 25, 2020
    Northern CA
    What color did you go with? It’s very nice.

jm2 likes this.
  22. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Awesome color!

23. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    Thank you. It is Rosso Fuoco.

xBox likes this.
  24. longhorncota

longhorncota Rookie

Oct 19, 2020
    Full Name:
    Blake Salle
    gorgeous car. may I ask how long after you went stage 10 that it was delivered?

25. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    Well that is my question too. :) My car was 10 in early-mid September 2019 and stage 70 at the end of October. It was on a boat second week of November for a delivery date of Dec 7. It is January 15th.....it is still stuck in customs. Customs is holding it due to a documentation issue. I am in California so I am hoping for it to be released anytime soon so I can have it by February. The shipper and US Customs will have had my car longer than Ferrari took to manufacture it.

I appreciate that Ferrari has been working on the issue. For now, I enjoy the picture of it and enjoy another F car I have and good health in the interim.

longhorncota likes this.