430 - Gt3 vs Scuderia | Page 3 | FerrariChat

430 Gt3 vs Scuderia

Discussion in '360/430' started by redhammer, Dec 20, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Petrolhead#32

Petrolhead#32 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2020
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Petrolhead#32
    Lucky you. Doesn’t get much better than that

2. x z8

x z8 Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    I have a manual GT3 991.2 and a 458 and F12. I upgraded my GT3 with DUNDON. In some ways it sounds better than my v8/12 Ferraris.

Scud is great. No right answer here.

ShineKen, Texas Forever and redhammer like this.
  3. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    OMG DUNDON!

kane00 and redhammer like this.
  4. x z8

x z8 Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    LOL I meant- no wrong answer here. Maybe- no right answer either.

Need4Spd and Texas Forever like this.
  5. 996cupracer

996cupracer Karting

Jan 12, 2006
    Westport, CT
    I have had many Porsche street and a couple of cup cars over the years. Most were wonderful cars (especially the cups), but for the street, it is hard to beat the Scud. This is my fifth F car and it will be my last as I see no reason to change without getting stratospheric in terms of budget. Drama, excitement, sounds, looks and involvement that a Porsche will never deliver. On the street, it is not how fast you go but how you feel when driving it. The Scud is plenty fast, probably not as fast on a track, but this is immaterial where you rarely explore a vehicles limits.

6. kane00

kane00 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 4, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Dundon is amazing! I had Jamie on my podcast and we went into detail of some of the intense research and build quality of their products. They do a fabulous job.

The Scuderia drives so much different than the 911,(I drove a .1RS) it's a personal preference and really depends on what you are going to use it for. I'd take a Scuderia all day long, love the way it drives and it's the last of a breed of really raw, visceral Ferrari's.

7. vr4henry

vr4henry Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Henry
    I know everyone likes to beat the "manual transmission or why bother" drum but I really like the Scud F1 for a weekend car. My last fun car was a fairly track focused (modified) 996 GT2 so I don't have a ton of 991.2 GT3 miles to compare to, but here's my .02:

The car is so raw that I don't feel like I'm missing anything without a clutch. It's a lot like having a manual except there's a little robot that slams gears for me and gives two big thumbs up every time I do it :)

My only complaint is I don't live next to the tail of the dragon.

8. wahe

wahe Rookie

Nov 6, 2011
    Which one you want
    Very hard to say which one is better I have bought cars
    But Scuderia is 13 years old Gt3rs is 2 years old
    As performance
    Or as
    Fun driving
    Scuderia is amazing car
    I can’t let it go
    RS same very fun driving car
    It’s hard to say which one lol

9. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    Tough comparison. But i owned a 991.2 GT3 touring ... and have owned 2 Scuds..... I sold my Gt3 and kept the scud which feels much more raw in my opinion...so I would get the scud....as i did ...However keeping the Gt3 is not a wrong choice....

redhammer likes this.
  10. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    As the thread starter writes, he already owns a GT3. And that the GT3/GT3 RS is also a great car is beyond question. But in his situation, it would be a mistake not to take the step into the Ferrari world. As a sports car enthusiast it is almost a crime not to have done so. Therefore, I think it makes a lot of sense for him to get a taste of the for him "new Ferrari air". And there is practically nothing better than to start with a Scuderia. This car ideally embodies all the many positive attributes of the world of Ferraristi's. A Scud is one of the most intense drugs from Maranello, which will make you addicted to Ferrari forever.

11. flsupraguy

flsupraguy Rookie

Apr 27, 2014
    If you plan to track a lot go gt3. Nothing beats Porsche precision and reliability. If you want a fun cannon cruiser go scud. I have a 997 gt3 with a sharkwerks 4.1 stroker. If I didn't track heavily I would of gone scud. There really is no ad choice here, you can't go wrong either way. Drive both, keep what makes you most happy. You only live once.

honda corse and Flea7 like this.
  12. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    both are great, SCUD dynamically in the history books, GT3RS best performer

13. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Scud

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

14. dwe8922

dwe8922 Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    David
    I've had my scud for about 6 years now, and a 360 for 9 years before it. I've had a 997.2 GT3 that I sold for a 991.2 GT3T, and have a lot of seat time in a friend's 997.2 and 991.2 GT3RS. Scud is not as good on track as the GT3's. I don't track them, but have taken them once just to see how they do. I club race a 997.2 GT3 cup.

I enjoy driving the scud more than the above cars. Scud is a weekend romp car, and GT3T shares DD duty. Technology marches on, so its not as fast as the newer GT3's as you'd expect, but I think it is more fun to drive. Mine has been well maintained and driven regularly, so it has been reliable. I would definitely try one. I think the scud is a more driver focused sweet spot between CS and speciale. I don't think the CS driving dynamics are as good, and the speciale limits are getting up there for the street (and they're almost 2x cost). You can always get back into another modern GT3 if you don't like the scud.

honda corse and redhammer like this.
  15. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    the SCUD premium over a racing spec F430 is simply not worth the difference of 50-70k, just look at what Flea7 has done, its totally brilliant Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    Manda racing likes this.
  17. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    I have an '07 F430 spider, and my neighbor has an '09 scud. We went for a run ride around town this weekend for 45 minutes or so. While I like the sound of my 430 better, damn o damn is that scud quicker, more nimble, etc. As others have said, if not tracking, I would take one everyday and twice on sunday as compared to a GT3 Only thing that would likely be better would be a 16M!

18. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    The SCUD is actually only very marginally faster per se. do you have Carbon brakes, owned both for 10 years, what I do know is that both are 20% slower than my GT3 RS

19. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    really? Yes, I have CCB's, but it sure seemed like his scud was waaaay quicker. Again, we were on street roads, and only occasionally exceeding posted speed limits :)

20. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    well I suggest you check out the consensus comparisons historically and report back

21. DeTomasoGTS74

DeTomasoGTS74 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2016
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Eric
    The market dictates the premium. There are many of us who were happy to pay more than that delta for a Scud. If it wasn’t worth it perhaps we wouldnt pay as much?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Shark01, kane00 and Wikdstrate like this.
  22. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I would pay the premium every day and twice on Sunday for the factory racing DNA the Scuderia has.

Jda550911, ShineKen and DeTomasoGTS74 like this.
  23. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    I am basically with you, the F430 is generally an exceptional Ferrari and of course you can upgrade a normal F430 to a "racing" F430. But that has to do with additional costs as well so that in the end, a well-made conversion is anything but cheap. And if the conversion/handiwork meant nothing to you, you can buy directly a Scuderia what will bring you the benefit of the F1 Superfast II gearbox, which is with its switching times of less than 60 ms a big part of the emotion.

ShineKen and DeTomasoGTS74 like this.
  24. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    #75 RichardCH, Jan 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    hmmm Ferrari never published much material on lap times between the two, I wonder why, especially on the same tires, the Superfast gearbox is very good but overall its very marginal, if you have a lighter F430 with Carbon seats, carbon brakes, ecu tune, bigger air intake boxes