The Ontario Thread! | Page 898 | FerrariChat

The Ontario Thread!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ClassicFerrari, Feb 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. milannium

milannium Rookie

Nov 21, 2020

Hi Andial, you're probably right... it's likely that the spec could not be changed at this stage; ... just going to have to get used to parking manually again after all these years of having 360 cameras. You don't realize how reliant you get on these types of conveniences until it's gone

2. tantumaude

tantumaude Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2016
    Burlington, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mat
    Welcome! For ceramic and PPF, I've been very happy with Mina at Le Mans detailing. He's very busy, but I've yet to meet anyone who takes his time like he does.

As for tracks, we're not exactly spoiled for choice nearby, but we have some options; TMP (Cayuga) is good for getting your feet wet as it's a very forgiving track, and is also the closest to the GTA (About an hour from the west end). You won't go very fast (I get to about 180 kph on the main straight in the 456), but the turns are fun. I suggest avoiding their 'open' days as the crowd tends to lack talent and discipline, but some groups rent out the track and run very nice events for a good price. Mostport/CTMP is a bit farther to the east, but is one of the better tracks in North America and has excellent events--FCA uses this one. The relatively close walls in some parts can be a handful for the inexperienced--haven't been in ages, so I don't know if it's the same now. Shannonville is yet further east, don't know much about it. Calabogie near Ottawa is very pretty and well-designed (lots of other activities nearby too). A bit further afield, Mont-Tremblant, St-Eustache and Sanair in the Montreal area are lovely (ICAR at Mirabel is great from a technical standpoint, but a bit boring visually). Of course, we also might be able to go to Watkins Glen again one day.

milannium likes this.
  3. milannium

milannium Rookie

Nov 21, 2020
    Thank you Tantumaude! Such great info ... now it's just a matter of waiting for the longest winter of my life to be over. Pretty sure everyone has that feeling waiting for delivery day

Mimmo Blue and tantumaude like this.
  4. nickorette

nickorette Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    I've been taking my exotics to GTA in Detail and Advanced Automotive Films in Mississauga since 2013. They are word of mouth only and don't need to do any advertising. Their quality of work is all they need and usually need 2 weeks in advance to book. They are also great car guys and I always look forward to my conversations with them.

I'm in Scarborough so it is a bit of a drive having multiple cars in the stable but honestly I wouldn't trust my cars to anyone else. I am very OCD with my cars and expect perfection.

milannium likes this.
  5. milannium

milannium Rookie

Nov 21, 2020
    Thank you for the recommendation, Nickorette! Just to clarify: Are you taking a new car to GTA in Detail for new car prep and then go to Advanced Automotive films for the PPF? Also, is there a specific brand of PPF/coating that you prefer?

6. nickorette

nickorette Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    Mostly used exotics that I get paint correction then full ppf and ceramic over top. Plus any microscratches or imperfections cleaned up, inside and out. They work out of same shop. Yearly touchups of imperfections, decon, etc.

Last car I had did (2018) was in STEK Dyno. So slippery I literally drive and the dust comes off. Not sure if anything else is better since then, industry is always improving

7. milannium

milannium Rookie

Nov 21, 2020
    #22432 milannium, Apr 8, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    This reaction pretty much sums up the feeling everyone has the first time a Ferrari

Attached Files:

8. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Mimmo Blue likes this.
  9. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Looks like it was this car that MVL Leasing had:

Horrible crash and it is not fair to speculate or lay blame.

Mimmo Blue and marioz like this.
  10. zeeshan6

zeeshan6 Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Zeeshan
    how terrible! very sad but they must have been going an insane speed the entire car is just shredded

11. ForzaYYZ

ForzaYYZ Karting

Sep 4, 2016
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Sebastian
    Hi, Anyone know of a reputable performance garage near the GTHA that can read the immobilizer code from a 360? I didn't get the card with the car manuals (only missing item - arghh!), and although both black fobs work, I'd like to buy my missing red fob and complete the programming. I'd rather not ship the immobilizer to the USA to get this all done (worried about losing it in shipping). Thanks for any advice.

12. tstuli

tstuli Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2018
    NC
    Don't know many people that do this, especially in the GTA. Going to FoO and having them order you a new card may be your easiest/most convenient (but perhaps not the cheapest).

13. Burnout

Burnout Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
    Just logged in Fchat for the first time in a long time.

Woah this seems to be what was originally titled the “Toronto spotters” thread.

Anyways I hope all the originals are doing well, and others that have joined in have had fun with this.

I’m back relatively close to the T dot and have spotted some stuff on my excursions downtown I just forget it all right now hehe.

Enjoy the fall everyone!

Toronto308, gto406_2 and SaifC like this.
  14. Steve Heck

Steve Heck Karting

Nov 1, 2021
    TO Canada
    Full Name:
    Steve Heck
    GordonC, hessank, moysiuan and 6 others like this.
  15. Vantage007

Vantage007 Formula 3

Jul 5, 2009
    Toronto
    Welcome, Steve! I loved my gated 360 - it's a total animal. I see the Pfaff frames; the team at Reserve is great to deal with as well, and gives the assurance that the car is sorted.

I'm in Mississauga and have a 550M now.

16. Steve Heck

Steve Heck Karting

Nov 1, 2021
    TO Canada
    Full Name:
    Steve Heck
    Thank you Vantage 007, yes VERY happy with Jimmy and the guys over at Reserve, absolutely top notch.
    Jim found me an incredibly clean car with perfect history and I am extremely grateful

Oh, cant wait to chat about your experiences with your 360 and how your 550 compares !

Cheers
    Steve

cavlino likes this.
  17. ForzaYYZ

ForzaYYZ Karting

Sep 4, 2016
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Sebastian
    Hi Steve - Congratulations and welcome to the club! Beautiful car. I got my 360 and first Ferrari (same spec but F1) 2 years ago and just love it. I'm close-by in Markham so would be great to connect with another Rookie to compare first experiences. Hope to chat soon. Cheers.

18. Steve Heck

Steve Heck Karting

Nov 1, 2021
    TO Canada
    Full Name:
    Steve Heck
    Absolutely !! I’ll have lots going on with the 360 over the following 4 months and we catch up in the spring time.

Cheers
    Steve

19. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
  20. Steve Heck

Steve Heck Karting

Nov 1, 2021
    TO Canada
    Full Name:
    Steve Heck
    YES ... Aurora and my birthday !!
    I'm in
    Cheers
    Steve

21. asb9987

asb9987 F1 Rookie

Dec 4, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    A. B.
    Logging in for the first time in ages, as well. @Vantage007 I vaguely remember you from the 2000s when you were at UofT - congrats on grabbing the prancing horse!

22. Vantage007

Vantage007 Formula 3

Jul 5, 2009
    Toronto
    Thanks so much - yet another familiar name surfaces. Do you still have your E39 M5? My wife has a Carbon Black one with about 50k on it that's been in the family since new. I fondly remember seeing your Imola Red around back in those days!

23. Pat4orza

Pat4orza Rookie

Jun 26, 2022
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Pat ciarmoli
    Hi does anyone know if there is a ferrari club near the niagara falls area

4orza

24. tstuli

tstuli Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2018
    NC
    The Ferrari Club of America Canada East has a Niagara chapter now.