LaFerrari replacement: v12, no hybrid, less power than SF90stradale? | Page 13 | FerrariChat

LaFerrari replacement: v12, no hybrid, less power than SF90stradale?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Ale55andr0, Dec 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    I have the Valkyrie and Valkyrie Pro coming and I assure you I will absolutely be tracking them both! As I do my F40, F50, Enzo, FXX, FXXK, and La Ferrari Aperta.

2. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    There were some rumours that the Valkyrie program might be cancelled. So that’s inaccurate, just delayed?

3. Twosherpaz

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    It is definitely on. I was told yesterday US cars to be specced by April, delivered in 2021. Pro cars also delivered in 2021 allegedly.

Basically, Stroll’s money came with the caveat to finish Valkyrie. As Aston is no longer partnering with Red Bull after this year in F1 (but rather with Stroll’s Racing Point rebranded Aston Martin), all the more reason to wrap this project up. I’d hate to see the financial statement on this one. I expect it will wind up looking in many ways like the LFA one.

Jonathan19, BJK, arhimede and 6 others like this.
  4. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Thanks for answering,
    In a video with Max and Albon driving the prototype at silverstone, the gear change seemed very jerky.
    I sincerely hope they will have the necessary money to fine tune this amazing project.

5. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Finally 2020 is getting some good news. :) Was worried the Valkyrie would be canned. My favorite car since the McLaren F1.

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  6. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Good for you! Out of interest why not track the Valkyrie Pro and keep the „road“ version for the road? I guess the same applies for LaF Aperta and FXXK.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

7. Twosherpaz

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    #307 Twosherpaz, Dec 25, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
    The “street” car arrives first. I have to see how she is on the track.

I like comparing the street and track cars. A super car for the street is also super on a track. Driving the Enzo back to back with the FXX is something I’ll soon be able to do.

Before driving the FXXK abroad, I like getting in the La Ferrari to capture the feel of the car at maybe one-third. Similarly, the Speciale is a fun warmup for the 458CH.

The feedback I get for driving these cars is best represented by what happened at Thermal a few weeks ago. Jeff Gordon of NASCAR fame was there for some event. I pulled the La Ferrari Aperta into the pits. He left his group, admired the car, and said “Man, I’ve seen a lot of these but never where they are supposed to be. Congratulations for tracking her!”

BJK, anunakki, Caeruleus11 and 12 others like this.
  8. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Gordan is sold out now - Ferrari should take some notes from his project and make a car more about driver experience than pure numbers IMO

9. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    I know he is sold out now, but let’s wait until the car is finished before we pass judgement. Many people talk about it as if it has already delivered on the promise, even though no one has driven it yet.
    To be clear, I don’t disagree with you on the philosophy of the car

However I have written this before on this forum and I still believe it: making a car in 100 units at a cost of $250m (development+production) for a profit of $50m and pretty much zero re-use of parts onto other models is not good business or a good use of production resources for a company like Ferrari.
    Ferrari will have a chance to produce a car for driver enjoyment with the second Icona (if my info is correct), so let’s see what they deliver. I hope it is light, unassisted by electric motors and extreme like its famous ancestor.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

10. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

11. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    If it is a new F40 I assume it will be V8 TT but I have no information

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

jpalmito likes this.
  12. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    It will be interesting to see how far it will go in terms of lightness. So will it be an SF90 with other body panels and no hybrid elements or will it use a composite chassis as well.

13. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    it was already mentioned the next icona code name; f251 (day355, autopareri.com) a visual reinterpretation of f40 would look odd.

snowboy458 likes this.
  14. snowboy458

snowboy458 Karting

Jan 31, 2013
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/ivo-rinaudo-12110795

What does Pininfarina have to do with this car?
    Side doors in carbon?
    That sounds believable given its Icona status

15. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Hopefully Ferrari is sidelining Manzoni. Nothing wrong with going with what works.

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  16. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
  17. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    F40 Icona! :D

NürScud, F2003-GA and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  18. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
  19. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
  20. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
  21. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    ^^ Its got the triangle thats typical on hybrid mules So I'm assuming its and hybrid V12 ^^

tomc likes this.
  22. Johnny_Bravo

Johnny_Bravo Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2012
    I sure hope not. They need to ditch that hybrid crap. How about using a glorious NA V10 like the 2004 Formula 1 car. That has to be the best engine ever made.
    They could bump the displacement from 3 litres to 5 and make it produce around 900 HP at over 10.000 RPM. That way, it won't weight much and perhaps they can make a car that's close to 1 ton total weight.

23. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
  24. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Looks identical to the LaF - strange to see a car that was launched 7 years ago Now in disguise :confused:

25. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    It is a LaF body. The new hypercar is testing in LaF-bodied mules. The camo may have to do with vents or other body parts that are being tested and they don’t want to show. The final car will look completely different

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat