F8 or STO? | Page 52 | FerrariChat

F8 or STO?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by dustman, Nov 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Looks great. What would that color be called? And is it matte?

2. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
  3. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East

More pics of the Viper please. I think I want one, Ive been looking for a while for the right spec.

4. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Boomhauer and Shack like this.
  5. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    This is the actual one I purchased: https://www.bjmotors.biz/2017-dodge-viper-acr-extreme-c-13618.htm

The car is brilliant. It’s a weird mash up of old-school America muscle car and modern no-frills race car. Strange car, and I love it.

Gh21631 likes this.
  6. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Coincid likes this.
  7. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    #1282 ScrappyB, Jan 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    @cadster I think you’re on the right track with your specs alternatives. I do expect there to be many spec abominations with people unable to show restraint and combining bold colours for the sake of maximum impact versus being visually appealing. The challenge will be to balance bold with tasteful. Lambos, perhaps more than any other brand gets a free pass when it comes to pulling off loud colours - but just because you can doesn’t mean you should.

That said, verde themis would be mighty tempting

Thecadster likes this.
  8. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Not matte. I believe it was either balloon white or bianco asopo.

Thecadster likes this.
  9. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Cadster- go bold in base color but tamp down the trim color. The STO was meant to be bold.

Thecadster and Gh21631 like this.
  10. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    They all look good to me.

Thecadster likes this.
  11. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    As long as it is complementary. I just couldn’t find this when I was speccing it in the configurator.

It would be nice to see some actual photos of different versions.

May the Horse be with you

SoCal to az likes this.
  12. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Spider68 and Thecadster like this.
  13. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Now is the time to call in a professional graphic artist or interior decorator (wife) as combo's could get absurd to those not in the creative space.

Thecadster likes this.
  14. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Now that’s what I mean by contrast!! Love it!! You can play around with the colors but the basic concept works so good for this car!

Thecadster likes this.
  15. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I love this! I think you should go green. You don’t have a green car and this looks bold. Let me work on some ideas for you.

This is so much fun spending other people’s money!! Lol

Thecadster likes this.
  16. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Told you so......this process can and will drive anyone nuts. And one of the problems is the Huracan wears so many colors well, it’s tough to pick an outright winner.

I’ve already made the decision to go lighter base as opposed to a dark matte color (though they look awesome). I’ve seen yellow and red, they’re not for me.

Light blue, green, and some of the whites, including the matte colors, are appealing. Their Violas also look really great with the right contrast.

Lamborghini has a proclivity to name their colors after constellations, and as an astronomer that appeals to me, so we’ll just have to see.

The pressure is on if you need to pick by February. I at least have the benefit of time and hopefully, seeing some variety in the flesh. Here’s a better pic of the blue from the reveal (less muted than pic above). But I’m thinking like @so cal it needs a bit more contrast.........
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    @Thecadster - Here is how I would narrow down your choices. Ive created a bunch of mock ups for you. Forget the details (sticker or no sticker, wheel color etc) start with the foundation. Which color sings to you? Start with that. Once you figure that out, the rest is easy. When we build a house, we start with the big picture things- the structure. then once that is dialed in, you can the accents. For example, Id never worry about the color of the faucet handle till I had everything else in place. See what color combo draws your attention first- then narrow from there:

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Thecadster likes this.
  18. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    If you have the ability to get a car like this; why would anyone stay within the mold. It creates a cookie cutter mass production car when you can individualize and personalize it, make if your own. Isn't it more special that way? I agree with SoCal, not begrudging but it is sort of disappointing.

19. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I wasn't aware but those GPF are huge! I thought they were smaller!

20. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I struggled with the external color on the F8, choosing between two colors and it took me months just to decide. As everybody knows, the F8 doesn't have much to accessorize. I can only imagine going through this process and I do not envy you. However, I am sure that whatever you choose, it will be majestic. There are very few things you can do to mess up this car, unless you go with Ronald McDonald interiors.

Thecadster likes this.
  21. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    There are 4 in that picture, one for each header plate! Lots of extra weight.

22. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

inspiration ;)

Thecadster likes this.
  23. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Thanks to all the replies, and special thanks to @SoCal to az for the 50 different specs! This week, I am going to make an appointment with my local Lamborghini AD and begin working through the spec using their special Ad Personam configurator. For now, I am leaning towards dark blue (and perhaps install matte PPF) or bright green. My thoughts are to do the accent colors in a similar strategy to the launch car (black roof, painted thin piping along the roofline and bonnet, and painted accent pieces). I’ll keep everyone posted.

GT2goneF and SoCal to az like this.
  24. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I think it also matters whether one intends to option the lightweight magnesium wheels which appear to only be available in bronze. That would limit the number of complementary primary paint colours.

Does AdP offer changes to wheel finish? Even with the Hek wheels, I’d be inclined to choose gloss over satin - especially if the car is a metallic white. Gloss black isn’t a standard option.

SoCal to az likes this.