2008 599 GTB Driver Seat Recliner Stopped Working | FerrariChat

2008 599 GTB Driver Seat Recliner Stopped Working

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by denfpal, Jan 15, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. denfpal

denfpal Karting

Apr 30, 2015
    Parkland, FL
    Full Name:
    Dennis Palumbo
    Has anyone in the community experienced anything like this before - the seat back recliner on the driver's side will not move back and forth (and is stuck in an uncomfortable position); however, there is a short clicking/crackling sound coming from it when the button is pushed - but no movement. The other adjustment buttons on the driver's side seat are all working fine - just the seat back recliner. Any thoughts on what might be causing this and what the possible fix might be?

Thank you for your time and consideration - Dennis

2. lawteam

lawteam Karting

May 15, 2009
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Full Name:
    Evan Fetterman
    I had the same issue on a California. There is a great attached to the motor that breaks and causes the problem. The whole setup has to be replaced. Post is about 1,000 through Ferrari, but other makes use the same motor and gear and if you can match it you can get it for a few hundred. Land rover was the same as California.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. denfpal

denfpal Karting

Apr 30, 2015
    Parkland, FL
    Full Name:
    Dennis Palumbo
    Thanks for getting back to me - good suggestion - 1 more Q? - how do you go about removing the seat back cover/panel to acess the internal recliner system? since it is not obvious how to disassemble the seat (no visible fasteners) - please advise - Dennis

4. lawteam

lawteam Karting

May 15, 2009
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Full Name:
    Evan Fetterman
    I don't have an answer for that. I wound up taking mine to an auto upholstery shop. they took the seat apart and took motor out. I gave them new motor and they put it back together. their charge was a few hundred total. Scuderia.com also had parts blowups on their website that may show how seat back is put together.