Huntsville, AL | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Huntsville, AL

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by ItsCarbonFiber, Apr 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    Wow

I realize Huntsville is an up and coming city buts that is quite a number of exotic cars. Thanks for posting. Drew

ItsCarbonFiber likes this.
  2. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    :eek: Wow, that Mercedes is bright. You could never say you didn't see it coming. :)

All the best,
    Andrew.

3. ItsCarbonFiber

ItsCarbonFiber Karting

Jan 6, 2012
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Clay
    BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  4. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I had no idea an F8 was in the area, I still haven't seen one in person yet.

All the best,
    Andrew.

5. ItsCarbonFiber

ItsCarbonFiber Karting

Jan 6, 2012
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Clay
  6. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Wow! I lived in Alabama up to 2018 and had no idea Huntsville had exotics like that. I saw a few in Bham, but not anywhere near that level.

7. ItsCarbonFiber

ItsCarbonFiber Karting

Jan 6, 2012
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Clay
    Where did you live? There’s been cars scattered all over Alabama for some time, but not until the past few years has the growth ever been photographed or talked about. I’ve been talking photos here and there to prove there’s some cool stuff around. There’s a lot more coming in the next year or so.

8. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    I was in Bham and lived 5th ave south medical district for work. I didn't see any Fcars there, but did see a 550 Barchetta around Mountain Brook with 360 alongside. Other than that basically only saw Fcars (F40, Enzo, etc) at Barber Motorsports Park. I'd love to see that LaF color in person...

9. ItsCarbonFiber

ItsCarbonFiber Karting

Jan 6, 2012
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Clay
    Private car meet in Huntsville soon. PM me for details if you would like to go!

10. ItsCarbonFiber

ItsCarbonFiber Karting

Jan 6, 2012
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Clay
  11. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    That's a nice view from up there. Are there a lot of good mountain driving roads? Oddly enough I got contacted about a job in Huntsville yesterday...maybe I should consider. Lack of spirited driving roads in FL sucks.

12. ItsCarbonFiber

ItsCarbonFiber Karting

Jan 6, 2012
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Clay
    There’s a few up here I just happen to live next to. It’s so easy to just cruise around in South Huntsville near Hampton Cove.

13. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I actually live in Hampton Cove, but go for fun drives around the roads to Lake Guntersville State Park and then on to Everhart Pointe Overlook at Little River Canyon National Preserve. The back roads from Gurley to Skyline WMA firing range are also a pretty nice drive - just beware old lifted pickup trucks being driven beyond their limits and not quite keeping in their lanes on corners.

The view from Belvins Gap Nature Preserve is very nice, but I've not found Cecil Ashburn Drive to be a brilliant driving road due to it being a congested commuter road with inattentive mobile phone users make half-assed attempts at steering vehicles. I've had to take evasive action a few times to avoid morons.

All the best,
    Andrew.

14. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    I used to take my bike through Guntersville State park when I lived there. There are tons of back roads in Alabama if you don't mind exploring.

NeuroBeaker likes this.
  15. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Off-topic, but important! The white area on the map below means there is a 90% chance of a tornado within 50 miles of where you are! (In the purple area, the chance is 70%!) Highest chance today is from late morning thru late afternoon. Monitor the weather and prepare to take shelter!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

NeuroBeaker likes this.
  16. ItsCarbonFiber

ItsCarbonFiber Karting

Jan 6, 2012
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Clay
    We barely missed a lot of the Tornadic activity. Crazy to see a Torcon of 9.

NeuroBeaker likes this.
  17. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    No damage at all here, it was just a bit of heavy rain and gusty winds. Did you also come through unscathed?

All the best,
    Andrew.