Lowering my Pista | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Lowering my Pista

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by SoCal to az, Jan 11, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    @TAGMotorsports in California. Sean is super helpful and they had a great sale not too long ago. I am not sure if they have anything else going on.

@Wheelb if Florida but they also deliver and have great prices as well.

Dicecal likes this.
  2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    not sure im getting the best price- but Highline Autos in town is doing it for me. they do a bunch of high end cars.

GT2goneF likes this.
  3. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Let me know what you think of your experience there when your done....

4. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    IVe had other cars serviced by them so the experience has been good but the springs were supposed to be here last week and they still haven't arrived. If he didnt have the springs, I shouldn't have given the car so im a bit annoyed by that -but then again, ive been so busy with work, my move, planning our next step- my brother in law and sister in-law have been staying with us as their house gets renovated so its not the end of the world.

Ill let you know how it all turns out but they do a lot of high end cars - Bugatti, ferrari, lambo etc. Im not worried it wont be a great ending.

Dicecal likes this.
  5. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I got the car back. First of all I am so pissed off at Ferrari. I mean the Pista drove great, we all know about the stance- but my reason for putting the Novice springs on was to improve the stance and improve the drive- the body roll. I just picked the car up and drove it home the 8 miles from the shop. What an amazing difference. It feels so much tighter, so much more connected to the road. Its unreal the performance difference.

The stance is also improved - ill get pictures later as the front end needs to settle in a bit. We didnt want to lower it too much. But all in all- amazing difference. I believe @Robert Mitchell with Apex taxi had the same reaction after he did his Manthey tune. Im no track junkie and just a weekend warrior but just unreal how much better the car drives. Come on Ferrari!! This should have been done from the factory!!

Here are the details.
    Total cost $2800.
    $1500 for the Novitec Springs
    $1000 for labor
    $300 for an alignment after.

I will be doing this with Novitec with every Ferrari in the future. Just a massive massive difference in the drive of the car. Finally this is how a Pista, a 450K sports should behave right out of the gate.

D11, ScrappyB, RoadRonin and 6 others like this.
  6. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Other than the delay in the arrival of the springs, I could not be happier! Top notch all around.

Dicecal likes this.
  7. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
  8. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
  9. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I did the same with my F12, looks and feels so much better.

GT2goneF and SoCal to az like this.
  10. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    GT2goneF and SoCal to az like this.
  11. jc0526

jc0526 Rookie

May 24, 2019
    Did you do spacer? I had my car installed the Novitec springs and spacers. The difference is quite significant. Absolutely love it.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

12. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    @SoCal, oh jeez it looks a ton better (mah-velous)! You lost a finger or two! Hope the ride is as good as it looks.

Like you, my enamor with Ferrari is wearing thin. I posted a 458 action pic above - that roll is no joke on the Tail of the Dragon - unacceptable and downright dangerous. And this too on a Pista???? Thank God for Novitec.

Hybrids and EV will be the great equalizer, and Ferrari better up their game and fix the **** we've known about for years.

Guess I'll take my licks once my F8 Spider (4x4) arrives and take it straight to a shop for comprehensive Novitec set up......

SoCal to az and GT2goneF like this.
  13. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    LOL. Got rid of your Pista Wrangler I see. Congratulations. Now take the anger against Ferrari out on the driving!

RoadRonin likes this.
  14. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I swear. I thought it was a shocker hand gesture on the second pic. no pun intended!

wthensler and GT2goneF like this.
  15. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    LOL.... LMAO!!!!

16. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    From what I know of @SoCal, it wasn't a joke at all.............

SoCal to az and IloveGT like this.
  17. FordGTDriver

FordGTDriver Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2007
    Can't wait for the photos...such a fantastic improvement to an already cool car.

SoCal to az likes this.
  18. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Nice..you’ll love the drive a lot. I did Novitec springs on my 488 and am just enamored with the improvement.

Like you I’m pissed, disgusted that Ferrari can’t properly set up a car and we need aftermarket springs to get the car dialed in for performance and looks. It’s really insane that a $300-$500k Ferrari needs aftermarket springs and set up like that.

RoadRonin, SoCal to az and GT2goneF like this.
  19. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    We have all discussed this before. I hadn't owned the F8 and I had already decided to place Novitec lowering springs.

mdrums likes this.
  20. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    It’s truly pathetic! It’s not so much the cost. It’s the hassle- worr try but about the warranty...just stupid.

mdrums and GT2goneF like this.
  21. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I am in agreement with you. However, don't beat yourself up or be upset about it. Yes there shouldn't be additional cost. there shouldn't have been a hassle, if they should have had the springs in stock when they had your car. With that said, it is all over now and your car is in optimum shape.

The warranty, although something legitimate to worry about; I have talked to several distributors and installers with experience and they have all said that they have not has any problems with suspension or steering elements, even with those cars that have upsized wheels.

Ferrari will play the scare tactics and they have claimed that suspension and steering elements have been damaged because of lowering springs and wheels. Could be true, or perhaps bad coincidence. Just think of how many cars have had lowering springs and upsized wheels and how many do we know about that such things have happened? We would have heard here or somewhere, wouldn't we?

SoCal to az likes this.
  22. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I agree with you that the risk is minimal and really Im not worried about it. The lower that was done on my car was minimal but the performance benefits tremendous.

I guess Im more pissed off that it took me a year to do it.

23. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    The best thing that God created was a new day after today.

AD211, Autolove and SoCal to az like this.
  24. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    SoCal to az likes this.
  25. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I too lose sleep over the wheel gap and set up on all the Ferrari's I have purchased over the years (except for my 360 CS, perfect ride height), I just do not understand what the issue is, are they trying to keep extra room for air pressure in the wheel well? I want an exotic not a 4x4:

My F8 will be here soon and I am contemplating changing the set up (Novitec springs/spacers), I do however have a few questions, can you guys please help out:

1. The past mid engine Ferraris I have had 360, 430, 430 Scuderia have had coil over that has allowed me to lower the car without changing the springs, does the F8 have this?

2. With the addition of the Novitec springs did the ride become increasingly hard and add bounce?

3. Post Novitec springs did the bumpy road-mode still work well, I live/work/play in the Manhattan/NJ area and the roads are beyond F'ed up and just destroying my cars, this mode is important?

Thanks for your help...

GT2goneF likes this.