Ferrari ROMA | Page 148 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    vcappp, midengine, tomc and 6 others like this.
  2. gw32

gw32 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2017
    Sonoma, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    That's a very cool color. How is it different from Titanio? Less blue? A shade darker? Interior spec?

3. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    More neutral silver with more metal flake. Very bright. I really like titanio too.

Interior is ciccolato over tortora.

SV

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
  5. gw32

gw32 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2017
    Sonoma, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Nice, should look great with the exterior color.

6. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Having driven the car now daily for 2 weeks I cannot stress enough how good a car the Roma really is. It feels so polished from its driving characteristics, suspension, and integration I am impressed by what a good job Ferrari has done. What I really enjoy is the enjoyable engine note, surprisingly. It just sounds right for this car. Clean and loud enough with just a hint of overrun. Before the Roma I daily drove a Jag F-type SVR which had the most aggressive stock exhaust ever with extreme pops, crackles, and burbles, which don’t get me wrong was a lot of fun, but the Roma just does it better and cleaner.
    The car does blend into traffic much better so the attention is cut down significantly compared to my other Ferraris of course, but everyone that sees it all say the same thing. “It’s gorgeous.”
    Those of you waiting on your delivery, I congratulate you, and I think you will be extremely happy if you accept it for what it is a truly elegant modern GT sports car and are not looking for a “supercar” experience.

vcappp, sd dave, Matt L and 11 others like this.
  7. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    It’s amusing to see the responses from certain quarters of the Ferrari landscape.

Many complain how overdone the latest offerings are with too much hp and acceleration in the danger zone! Yet when a option arises that emphasizes s different balance with more GT focus, more up to date user interface (like the SF90), lower hp (620) and a more refined sense of comfort and beauty, it is now inferior and “womanly”!

Not at all. Just better balanced I say.

I have a higher hp Ferrari which is just fine. But this car has an 8 speed transmission and quite possibly no more speed-thermal sensor issues in the old DCT. It has more up to date electronics and tires that will allow you to feel the road!

Methinks the naysayers feel threatened and are still trying to compensate for inadequacies.

And the women I’m close to absolutely love the car and eagerly want to experience it!

SV

vcappp, JHNurse, Senad and 1 other person like this.
  8. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    A question for owners living with the car....does the gearbox work OK in Auto? I noticed during my demo drive that the car couldn’t wait to get into 8th and then lugged uncomfortably on light throttle openings.

9. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    Thanks good review

10. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    You make a great point both the overrun. I hadn’t mentioned that in my comments but it is brilliant and just right. I feel like it has more than my GTS...I am loving the Roma too.

on the question of auto...when I have had it in auto it Does like to get up to 8th quickly but I literally drive mine in manual 99% of the time and I am in SF 60-70% of the time. It’s just so easy.

11. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    I received my second production photo this morning. I'm hoping that it is either the bright lighting that is changing the look of the colour or they have sent me the wrong photo as I ordered Blu Abu Dhabi but this photo makes it look more like Blu Mirabeau.

Spider68, Matt L, Garretto and 2 others like this.
  12. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Pics are under bright fluorescents it appears. Colors typically look more blue.

If you are worried have the dealer double check their registry.

SV

13. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    #3689 isuk, Jan 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    I've got copies of the order laid off to the factory along with confirmation of the spec on the MyFerrari app etc. I'm not unduly worried as it is most likely the lighting. I had a similar issue with my Huracan Evo RWD in a factory photo under the QC lights which made the colour look very different. My dealer thinks the car may arrive with them next week.

glennkreisel and SVCalifornia like this.
  14. Horsin'around

Horsin'around Karting

Jun 14, 2017
    For those of you that have received their Roma. Do you know if there are any “free gifts” associated with the Roma?

Key box, model, letter, lithograph, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Matt L

Matt L Karting

Oct 1, 2020
    UK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    How about a full tank of fuel?

16. Southfield

Southfield Rookie

Jan 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kiel
    This was a nice gift from the dealer. A couple of other things on the way

Data, aepma, tomc and 1 other person like this.
  17. Soleith

Soleith Karting

Dec 30, 2020
    Surrey, UK
    Curious, have any ordered their Roma in rosso Corsa? My dealer is advising against saying it shows up somewhat orange in the metal.

18. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    Damn i've got the wrong dealer!

aepma likes this.
  19. kdw0304

kdw0304 Rookie

Jan 21, 2020
    how about upgrading rear tires from
    285/35/20 to 295/35/20??

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

008 likes this.
  20. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    On my Portofino I went 2" wider front and rear with 285/30-20 and 335/30-20. These tires have identical revolutions/mile as the stock tires. If I get a Roma I would attempt the same thing.

008 likes this.
  21. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Should work no problem but it’s not much of an increase if you stay with the same compound. May be better off going to a stickier tire like mpsc2.

22. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    On the right wheels that’s a great setup and would fill the wheel wells.

23. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
  24. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    The Roma has adjustable spring perches. I haven’t corner balanced mine yet, but from eyeballing it, there’s definitely the ability to go down 1/2 and still have a range of adjustments to balance.

vcappp likes this.