812 VS Rumors | Page 136 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015
    Marcel is correct of course. There were even less LF Apertas made ... 210 not 299. That however drives the point home even further that the Apertas are used as an ultra exclusive reward to the absolute top tier of customers.

Because it is coming from Marcel, I will also accept that my prediction for number of pieces produced for 812 VS is not what it will ultimately be. For everyone’s sake let’s hope they’re going to make more than I predict, not less!

2. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
    #3377 Forza Scuderia, Jan 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    Day355 is the All Time MVP of Ferrari Chat. We are all lucky to have him on here.

I agree with him that these cars especially should not be trailer queens. I think it silly to worry about how many miles one puts on a Ferrari. You can’t take your low mileage car to the next life. Enjoy your cars. Drive them every single time the mood strikes you. People worried about depreciation of their Ferrari or putting too many miles on their car should get a better wealth manger and enjoy their cars without concern of the value going up or down. Leave that for your stocks. You can’t drive your stock portfolio. Drive your cars any time you damn well please and don’t ever give it a second thought. Finite number of days left in your life.

ewright, LARRYH, day355 and 4 others like this.
  3. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Remarkable.

4. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Ferrari will of course be monitoring this thread...quietly having a good old chuckle to themselves.
    Seeing SF90 has pretty much failed to excite their 'customers', with real LB demand under a gathering cloud, they will be planning to crank out as many 812 VS as they can possibly produce to meet the demand which appears to be pretty huge.All 'sold out' at launch of course....

Look forward to at least 2000 VS and 1000 (numbered) Aperta ;)

ewright, Thecadster, Eilig and 4 others like this.
  5. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    An early SF90 on the west coast of the US (purposely being vague on the exact location) was sold in December for $100K above list. I was told by the seller who I have known for 15+ years.

Veloce12 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  6. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Yes, great fun.

of2worlds likes this.
  7. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Probably an anomaly, so much money in the W Coast obviously someone wanted an early one.

8. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
    Sooooo lemme get this straight ... the torrent of orders for the SF90 drained all the demand for the 812 but now ... the SF90 isn’t selling well and there is going to be so much demand for an 812 derivative that Maranello is going to open up the flood gates of production to keep up with all the orders for it. I’m actually ROTFL right now!

9. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    Alright, so now that we’ve discussed the numbering and we clearly all have a different opinion, what do you guys think will be the criteria to get one (if it will be strictly numbered to for example 799 & 499) now that we are exactly one week away from finding out?

10. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
    It’s one of those ‘... If you have to ask’ things in life ...

People getting allocation already have a very good idea they are getting allocation

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  11. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Agree...there will be guidelines set by the factory like we had with the TDF. But at the end of the day ownership of X vehicles will not be the only determinant of eligibility. I am sure Ferrari will evaluate other types of spend on the brand as well as the momentum of certain clients that may not have been material a few years ago but now drive significant purchases. When it comes to the Aperta I expect it to end up with LaF, Icona, special commission etc owners

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  12. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    I believe it’s fair to say the potential pool for ‘qualifying’ ( whatever the criteria ) for the VS/Aperta will be considerably larger than for the TDF , so ,even if more than 799 coupes and sub-500 Apertas are made there will be a lot more disappointed customers who believe they are ‘deserving ‘ and understandably so .... However , Ferrari (as with any Retailer /manufacturer) has every right to make and change the rules as they see fit and offer their products to whoever -I hope those ( including myself) that hope they get one but may not , do so magnamoniously /graciously and fulfill the desire with another non-GPF/V12 open top ferrari eg 550 barchetta /575 superamerica and buy some good Macallan/laphroig /lagavulin/whatever with the leftover change....:)

13. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    Agreed - my big question still is how much weight the dealer's input has. In other words, of course the initial list with potential clients will come from the factory and those on there will be asked if they want one etc. However, if one of the clients on the list is, say a car dealer, who qualified simply because he bought many cars but really isn't a collector, someone like that might be crossed out from the list by the dealer. Who will get that persons slot now? Someone who is a close friend of the sales guy or the next best customer per criteria? What about someone who truly is a top client, follows the criteria but is not selected and does not show up on the list, can the dealer then make a proposition to consider that client? Surely, these things vary amongst dealerships, but this entire part truly interests me!

14. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    Dealer told me few months ago that 812vs coup will not be a numbered limited series. More like Pista limited.
    I don't have a TDF but would easy qualify for this car.
    Not sure if this 'truth' holds up....

15. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    I was told similar

16. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Same here.

Caeruleus11 and Shack like this.
  17. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    This makes the most sense . If you look at the PISTA it had to be a tremendously successful car for FERRARI .. It was packaged very nicely and while it was a little difficult for many to get before production ended they were widely available very lightly used for around sticker .. The thing that made is so successful in my mind is it has tremendously good looks to match its performance ... at least to me.. Why not do the same thing for the 812VS ....

18. ph7

ph7 Karting

Jul 8, 2019
    But then I guess the whole point of owning multiple cars and buying them new to have access to the limited ones would lose some support as you can just buy the VS cars on the secondary market. Some clients will keep buying all new models but some (like me) would not..

Bundy and BaronM69 like this.
  19. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    For some owners, being able to spec the car is a very important factor. I'd be one who would want an 812VS but only if I can spec it myself. Buying someone else's spec is less appealing to me. And I'm not a fan of resale spec, so it's not likely I'll find someone else specing a car like what I would want.

Shack, Caeruleus11, ScrappyB and 2 others like this.
  20. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    that could be ... for me I only want to buy cars that I like .. not cars that are REQUIRED to build to another car.. .. but everyone can do as they see fit . I would buy a new 812VS if offered if not that's ok also …I have owned maybe 11 or 12 Ferraris including 4 in my garage at this time. From 1972 model year to 2020 model year.

Thecadster, Caeruleus11, KenU and 2 others like this.
  21. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    Could you post the link for this car dealer please, im interested. Are you referring to the Romans Car that I know is still over list, as I’ve seen the invoice or are you presuming the normal dealer margin buyback once you have driven it out of the showroom? Thanks.

22. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    I’m unconvinced the world need an uglier, more uncomfortable, faux track focused, louder V12 Ferrari with another 100 BHP.
    A prettier, smaller, more comfortable, real road focused, V12 Ferrari would do me.

Sorry, I’ll get my coat...

Caeruleus11, montpellier, 9nb and 5 others like this.
  23. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
    You will get your wish with the 812 regular production replacement car which will be like a Roma with a hybrid smaller displacement V12.
    Enjoy

24. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    I suppose this will largely be settled in the coming weeks, but is this the scenario we should expect?
    - For the 812VS coupe, build dates prioritized by “status”, but not a limited by number car (similar to the Pista). Limited only by V12 manufacturing line capacity.
    - For the 812VS Aperta, limited and numbered (499?) and reserved for VVIPs?

Lots of opinions on here and just trying to converge on what everyone seems to be hearing. Anyone have facts versus speculation, or is it still being decided?

25. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    You misunderstand, I wasn’t talking about displacement.