Ferrari SUV is a no for me | FerrariChat

Ferrari SUV is a no for me

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by In-Dure, Jan 23, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. In-Dure

In-Dure Rookie

Jan 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    In-Dure
    Every automobile does not need an “SUV”. The auto industry is getting ridiculous. An SUV just destroys the spirit of certain automobiles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    Welcome to the "brave new ignorant world ! " I agree, but then again Ferrari even more than Lambo have sold out a long time ago. Im not saying Ferraris are not any good, they are incredible, but with no manual gearboxes, and so many electronic aids, Ferrari has sold out to the , how should I say, the very rich, who buy these cars for status more than anything. Why are so many owners going from one 500,000 Ferrari, to another, without even getting to know the car, or how to drive it fast, in the mountains lets say.They are buyers not drivers. For me, Ferrari has always been in my blood, Ferraris instill a passion in some, some like the V12s, some like the mid V8s, they buy them, and establish a relationship with their cars. I sometimes sit for quite a long time, just looking and admiring my car. I would do the same thing if I had an 812 or a 488 in my garage. Ferraris instill in me such a feeling , that my intention is in no way to sell , but to own Forever, and become one with the car. Most buyers are not of this ilk, period.

Thank you

houtie123, 6t7, 71type65 and 7 others like this.
  3. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    It’s a no for a lot of people. But a yes for more than the no’s. A lot more....The affluent around the world are demanding exotic practical family cars....its dollars and cents. Ferrari will build the type of vehicles customers want. The purist driver is the minority now, by a long shot....

Lusso123, In-Dure, Boomhauer and 2 others like this.
  4. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    Ferrari is a public company.
    Can they make more money worldwide by making an SUV?
    The answer is yes.
    Therefore it will be made, simple as that.
    Ferrari people may not buy it, but I am sure plenty of people that have never owned a Ferrari before might.

5. In-Dure

In-Dure Rookie

Jan 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    In-Dure
    Great reply! thanks

ginoBBi512 likes this.
  6. In-Dure

In-Dure Rookie

Jan 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    In-Dure
    Thanks roma1280. i do agree that many people who never owned a ferrari will more than likely buy the SUV. (intelligent reply)... i do however think that the SUV looks great...but in my opinion; it destroys the spirit of the ferrari (the same for the Rolls Royce SUV....(why they decided to make an SUV...i do not know...)

Headsuppassinglft likes this.
  7. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    The Porsche SUV is their top selling model and has been for ages. The Lambo SUV is selling really well. As long as Ferrari makes the best sports SUV in the world I really don't give a crap. This idea that "Enzo would have never done this" is total BS.

If it made him money to go racing, you bet he would have.

430tdf, Danbossi, anunakki and 6 others like this.
  8. In-Dure

In-Dure Rookie

Jan 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    In-Dure
    years ago i had two co-workers who each had a ferrari; one had the testarossa and one had the 355. i don’t remember it being any interior electronics at all.. actually they were just like race cars.. in fact even though it was luxurious... the ride was very uncomfortable (like an uncomfortable race car; with the manual gear shift.... to me; those were the real ferraris..

gthompson and ginoBBi512 like this.
  9. In-Dure

In-Dure Rookie

Jan 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    In-Dure
    @The mayor. Hi how are ya! In my opinion; Porsche is a totally different spirited automobile than Ferrari (or lambo even)... When i Lived in Los Angeles...Most of the conservatives drove Porsche... and most of the wild ones drove Some kind of italian made “racing” automobile... Porsche also made Sedans...(Ferrari didn’t). But i get your point!

10. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Enzo didn't make sedans? Here's one, complete with a GM automatic slushbox.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Archiebald, 430tdf, Danbossi and 6 others like this.
  11. In-Dure

In-Dure Rookie

Jan 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    In-Dure
    #11 In-Dure, Jan 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    i meant 4 door (typically a sedan)... even though that automobile is a “sedan”...it still looks like a race car

Lusso123 and ginoBBi512 like this.
  12. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    Good morning gentlemen, excellent posts. Its what it is . I will not hold any resentment towards Ferraris business model . As long as I live with my 328 I will always be connected to the era of Ferrari which produced their most significant machines for F1 as well as the road, its because of these,that the Enzo F8 , 488 ,812 have come into existence .

Thank you

SamRo, gthompson and In-Dure like this.
  13. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Trust me I sympathize.

Nothing new though. Many said the same thing when,...

Ferrari started making V6s
    Ferrari started making mid engines
    Ferrari sold out to Fiat
    Ferrari started making 2+2s
    Ferrari started making V8s
    Ferrari went fuel injection
    Ferrari added power steering
    Ferrari went public
    Ferrari stopped making manuals
    Ferrari started using computers in their cars for various things like "Drift Mode"
    Ferrari went hybrid

All the holy cows have been slaughtered, long-ago friend. Ferrari is dead. Long Live Ferrari.

14. In-Dure

In-Dure Rookie

Jan 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    In-Dure
    @paulchua, WOW! i had no idea that ferrari sold out to fiat (!??!??!) yes you are exactly right..all those changes you listed are unbelievable. Well then; i guess Ferrari is long gone...(”long live Ferrari” that was funny)

Samiare and paulchua like this.
  15. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Here's the beauty my friend, if you like any of the above, you can still get them - albeit expensive. However, Enzo himself was not against progress. Time waits for no one, even the prancing horse.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

ShineKen and In-Dure like this.
  16. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    So where can the "purest " driver use his car to his and the cars capabilities..

17. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    paulchua and In-Dure like this.
  18. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO

not in Florida thats for sure !! lol California is the best place in the world for the pure driving experience, its that simple.

Thank you

19. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Nope. There are a ton if other places around the world that would make California roads seem boring.

Lusso123 and Boomhauer like this.
  20. In-Dure

In-Dure Rookie

Jan 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    In-Dure
    wow!!

paulchua likes this.
  21. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO

Absolutely not thats for sure, even in Italy the roads suck, I was there . Its the same for anywhere else in Europe. In California, there are at least 500 roads that u can do 190 MPH at will, or fast as you please with no police and no cars. California also has the best sand dunes in the world for all kinds of ATVs, sandrails, dirtbikes. The car and motorcycle culture here is also the best in the world as well . More exotics are sold in California than anywhere else .

Thank you

In-Dure likes this.
  22. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    If you think 70mph in a 600 bhp car is satisfying then your a purist,

Boomhauer likes this.
  23. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Wrong..Ontario Canada, Woodbridge to be exact, has more Ferrari's per capita then any other place in the world. You have to get out of your bubble dude. There is an entire world out there which you seem to deny exists.

We also have the roads to use them on. You obviously have zero.idea what is out there beyond your short sighted mind.

Boomhauer likes this.
  24. In-Dure

In-Dure Rookie

Jan 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    In-Dure
    @tbakowsky.. what he means is that California has more EXOTIC AUTOMOBILES as a whole (not just ferraris...) i lived in L.A. (Woodland Hills, Hollywood Hills, North Hollywood..) and 50% of the population drive exotic cars (because of its “Superstar Appeal” Status...(many of the residents can’t afford them...but they drive them (even the ones who lease or rent them for long periods of time. (not including northern california ( San Francisco and the Silicon Valley area) Additionally; there are more rural areas in California Than most people know about..Hillsides and open fields...(many people do race there)

25. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    #25 ginoBBi512, Jan 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    Yes, I meant exotics as a whole, as well as motorcycles, as far as Canada goes, you can only drive 3 months out of the year, with all the snow , sleet rain , sub zero temps, Canada is probably the worst place to own a Ferrari lol and the best place to own a snowmobile. And yes, in SO cal where I live , thankfully there are so many roads less traveled, in perfect condition not only for cars , but for motorcycles . Even on the freeways , at certain times you can really drive or ride fast , they are long , straight and in pretty good condition, at least when you get out of Los Angeles. On any given day, you might see 20 super cars just driving around doing errands. On Wilshire Blvd on a Sat night, they are everywhere . We also have some of the best car and motorcycle dealers in the entire world, as well as some pretty insane custom shops . I would not want to live anywhere else in the World, its thats simple.California is where Americas love for cars started, remember American Graffiti ? Not many folks know that at one time the BIG 3 American car companys had factories all around Los Angeles, with that being said, its to bad they moved away, causing lousy unemployment , which led to some ares becoming bad areas, for lack of better words at the moment. Thanks fellows for the spirited debate . Ferrari Chat is a blessing , especially during this lousy covid era.

Thank you

In-Dure likes this.