Wanted - 612 | FerrariChat

Wanted 612

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by ross, Jan 25, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    will probably be in the market for a 612 in the next few months, so if you are thinking of selling one pls let me know.
    i am nearly indifferent to color and mileage..... :)
    i just want a sorted car with no stories and no time bombs.

thanks

Camp Freddie likes this.
  2. Yellow Compass

Yellow Compass F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Hi Ross I have 2 very nice 612s for sale in the commercial Section
    Thanks
    Mike 973-610-7111

3. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    thank you Mike.
    i saw your ads, and they are certainly nice examples, but they are also at a price point higher than my budget for this car.
    basically this is intended to be my wife's daily..... she does not put too many miles on, and she is not the most careful driver, so all i need is a 612 that runs well.
    no need for an OTO, or low miles, or special color, or perfection - this car will simply be used as a car. :)
    thanks anyway.

4. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
  5. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Wow. That's probably the sweetest pre-OTO 612 I've ever seen. What a bargain they are now.

6. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    If you go on the BAT website, on the top bar there is a tab in titled “auctions”. It drops down to “results”. scroll down the page to “completed auctions”. If you enter “Ferrari 612” in the search bar you will come up with all the recent listings. You’ll find tons of stuff in the $70 to $80,000 range. I think at this time BAT can be very useful in establishing the current market price of 612s for motivated sellers.

7. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    When I let my pre-OTO go, they were averaging a little higher, mid-80's but that was middle road. This car has a few extras like handling package, the right wheels, nicest interior I've seen in a base and downright reasonable. I'm not really in the market for anything but sounds like I need to add BAT to my other car surfing time wasters. Thanks for the tip. What's nice about the 612 is that tipo133 was used through 550, 575 and 612 so much confidence in power plant, experienced mechanics, supply chain. Much as there can be for a Ferrari anyway.

8. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    I agree. I have had my 07 612 for almost 6 years and I am very pleased with it. Never had any significant problems. Better find some wood to touch quick.

9. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Ron, yes i follow BAT and have been looking at their site, and will be considering that venue when i am actually ready to buy.
    but, i am always interested in buying from the fchat family since we all know each other in a way, and we know that other fchatters know what they are looking at, and that you are risking a lot if you omit or falsify etc
    and, i also wanted to put my intentions on here because sometimes there are owners who had not yet thought about selling, dont want to be bothered by the BAT requirements, or wait for the process (takes 3 months or so to get on the site), or dont consider their car to be in sufficiently good condition to withstand the scrutiny of BAT.

the purpose of this car is to be my wife's daily driver. altho i dont want some rusting hulk, i do not mind an honest used car with miles, that has had good maintenance and the records to prove it.
    everything has its price ;)

10. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    Ross, I agree with you. I watch BAT because it is like browsing a candy store and I think it is useful in establishing “real” values for unique cars. If I was a seller I would probably sell here, as you said, or on consignment with a guy like Mike and not want to go through the brain damage involved in a BAT sale. If I was a buyer I would want it to be a one on one experience with the seller and go through a physical inspection and a PPI (which you really cannot do in an auction setting).

11. EnzoItaly

EnzoItaly Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2016
    + 456 ( also F133)

Piper likes this.
  12. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    Ross, here is one that just came up on BAT. pretty low mileage, my personal favorite color on a 612 (other than red) and HGTC including carbon-ceramic brakes. A nice package. Probably will sell around the $80K mark (not clear at the moment about stickies and maintenance).

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2007-ferrari-612-scaglietti-3/

13. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross