spider top not doing anything | FerrariChat

spider top not doing anything

Discussion in '360/430' started by parkem, Jan 24, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. parkem

parkem Karting

Feb 17, 2012
    florida
    Full Name:
    peter palermo
    2005 f430 spider top
    yesterday i closed the top and this morning nothing works on the top. when i push the swicth there is no noise of the pump starting or anything else. is there a fuse for this ?

2. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    The roof fuses may have blown, but have you satisfied all the prerequisites?

Ignition on, engine hood closed, speed less than 5km/h, battery voltage more than 10.6 volts, hydraulic pump temperature less than 95C.

Did the windows go down?

The fuses are located behind the left hand seat.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

armedferret and EastMemphis like this.
  3. parkem

parkem Karting

Feb 17, 2012
    florida
    Full Name:
    peter palermo
    yes the windows go down and the three fuses seem to be good. .whe i push the switch there is a clicking sound beside the solenoids on passenger side

4. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    I suggest pulling the passenger "B" pillar which prys off (pull straight out). Under that you'll find the hydraulic machinery for the top. Find the reservoir for the top and check to be sure the fluid level is within the bullseye. I'm guessing your fluid maybe low. If you don't know how to do this, please search this forum as there are several threads with detailed instructions including what kind of oil to get, etc.

5. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    There is a bucketload of solenoids and relays on the passenger side.

After the windows go down, the next step in the process is flap operation. The flap electric motor is directly driven by the ECU, so the operation probably relies on inputs into the ECU (position sensors (e.g. flap limit switches), motor power, etc). I imagine the hydraulic pump would not be started unless the flaps are repositioned.

Sorry, that's the limit of my knowledge on the F360. I don't know if sensors, motors and ECU internal motor relays are prone to failure on the F360 or how accessible these components are.

Try opening and closing the engine lid. The lid closed sensor/microswitch may be independent of the instrument warning.

If access is easy to the ECU, you could do wiring checks from the ECU to the various components. Other than that, you local Ferrari technician with the correct diagnostic tools may be able to pinpoint the problem straight away.

6. parkem

parkem Karting

Feb 17, 2012
    florida
    Full Name:
    peter palermo
    fluid is fine

7. parkem

parkem Karting

Feb 17, 2012
    florida
    Full Name:
    peter palermo
    its a 430 but probably the same as the 360

Qavion likes this.
  8. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Ooops... yes... Thanks for the reminder. The document I have covers the F360 & the F430. Also, the Roof ECU has the same part number, so perhaps the same "pinout".

Here is some of the wiring related to the flap circuit...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sorry, the resolution dropped when I posted the diagram.

9. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Disregard. I followed the wiring from the engine lid lock and it feeds the instruments as well as the Roof ECU (assuming the 360 is the same as the 430).

For info, the signal for the deck lid is sent to pin 5 of the roof ECU (upper) plug "2Q" on a blue/grey wire.

Here's a more comprehensive wiring diagram (work-in-progress) for the F360

https://www.dropbox.com/t/jXcKORS9cTBl15Ju

I'm still not sure of all the inputs/outputs

Link expires in 6 days

Apollo 11 likes this.
  10. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred