430 - Pioneer audio | FerrariChat

430 Pioneer audio

Discussion in '360/430' started by JimI, Jan 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JimI

JimI Rookie

Jan 21, 2021
    Full Name:
    Jim Ivy
    BigBossF430 likes this.
  2. Ray Smith

Ray Smith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Full Name:
    Raymond Smith
    What model is it? I have the AVH3500NEX. Mine is 7-inch but seems to stick above the air vents more than yours does. I like yours.

Ray

3. JimI

JimI Rookie

Jan 21, 2021
    Full Name:
    Jim Ivy
    It’s the DMH-WT8600NEX. It has an adjustable floating screen that fits perfectly between the vents and the AC controls.

Ray Smith likes this.
  4. Ray Smith

Ray Smith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Full Name:
    Raymond Smith
    Does it retract or no? I'm getting tired of the retraction/extension with the 3600NEX ...

Ray

5. becausephilchow

becausephilchow Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Nice! I thought about this, but opted for just a BlueTooth Audio Setup and keeping hte OEM Headunit, to preserve the OEM-esque look.

6. JimI

JimI Rookie

Jan 21, 2021
    Full Name:
    Jim Ivy
    No, it does not retract. It’s a fixed floating screen. I love it.

7. Ray Smith

Ray Smith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Full Name:
    Raymond Smith
    What was the damage? I may have to buy it ... too cool ...

Ray

8. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Looks very cool… Curious, did you also change the speakers or does it sound pretty good even with just the stock speakers?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

9. Red 27

Red 27 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 2, 2008
    San Diego, Ca
    Full Name:
    Dave
  10. Dougster

Dougster Karting

Feb 28, 2013
    Dallas TX Area
    Interesting. Can you share some more photos from other angles (Sides & top?) Thanks!

11. Ray Smith

Ray Smith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Full Name:
    Raymond Smith
  12. Ray Smith

Ray Smith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Full Name:
    Raymond Smith
    Quite by accident, I discovered that the latest of the frequent annoying and troublesome IOS updates has had an odd effect. It now allows my iPhone 8 Plus to connect to my Pioneer AVH-3500NEX via Bluetooth. Pioneer said it would not. The installer said it would not. They installed a flash cable to allow the phone to connect to and communicate with the 3500NEX. And it did, and worked perfectly. That is until the latest update to 14.3. After that the GPS and Car Play were constantly interrupted by error messages. I was going to pony up for the latest and greatest DMH-8600NEX thinking its later firmware would ameliorate this issues and allow Bluetooth connectivity connections. But after investigation the content of the error messages, it turned out the were failed pairing attempts. When I configured the iPhone and 3600NEX to pair, they did, albeit glacially slowly. So the problem was never with the Pioneer unit, it was the iPhone 8 Plus.

The pair will now play Car Play and GPS directions without interruptions caused by the pairing issues. Via Bluetooth.

If you have a Pioneer unit that uses Bluetooth, update the phone to IOS 14.3, set the Pioneer to advertise its presence, and enable auto connect. Then try to pair the units. It's a slow process, but it works.

Serendipity.

Ray