Pista - Deals to be had? | FerrariChat

Pista - Deals to be had?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by msgm1, Jan 30, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. msgm1

msgm1 Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    NYC
    I guess Ferrari must have over produced the Pista...?

I see like 60 for sale here in the US.

Any deal to be had or they are still wanting sticker or over which would seem kind of ridiculous

AD211 likes this.
  2. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    Do your homework.

3. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Lots of deals to be had. They are way under msrp. Like Napoli said, just do your homework. You can even look in the classified and see what one recently was listed for (20k under msrp).

4. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I’m in agree with the OP though, supply is awful high, but demand must also be high or we’d see lower prices. Either that or dealers are just artificially inflating the prices with assistance from Corp.

5. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    I can tell you after just selling one that demand is extremely low. There are lots listed below MSRP now and the ones that are above MSRP aren’t getting any phone calls and just sitting. I agree that dealers are artificially inflating the prices in hopes of keeping the allure alive. My dealer listed it above msrp and not a single phone call. Lowered it to msrp and not a single phone call. It took mike Berman to finally sell it below msrp (I am referring to the coupe)

willcrook likes this.
  6. triathgeek

triathgeek Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2010
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Does anybody know or have a good guess as to how many Pista’s were built?
    Thinking of moving up from a 458.

7. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Too many

May the Horse be with you

ZF123, ryalex and Drson like this.
  8. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    There was someone on here that is a supplier of parts and they said 6000. No clue if accurate or not but as Condor said it was too many and not limited.

9. Pis7a2020

Pis7a2020 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2019
    I heard they had a buy one get one free deal.

Actually, they are making people buy a Pista in order to get a Lusso or a Portofino.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

10. msgm1

msgm1 Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    NYC
    hahahahahahahahah that comment is PURE GENIUS!!!!

Love it!!!

GT2goneF and Pis7a2020 like this.
  11. msgm1

msgm1 Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    NYC

Thank you much appreciated!

12. msgm1

msgm1 Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    NYC
    Thanks Napoli, most useful

AlexBen and dustman like this.
  13. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    how much off of sticker are we talking for lets say a 5k mile car?

14. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    This a good time to move up as there are a good variety of samples to chose from. There is no reason a dealer won’t sell you one under MSRP. On the other hand there are quite a few for sale with crazy specs not making them desirable ( such as the green grass colored one I posted in the Pista pic thread).

15. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Depends on the spec and original msrp. Based on just selling you should be able to buy for 25-35k off msrp. Way too many available and more keep coming on the market every day.

16. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Better specs are still pulling good money. Base specs are sitting.

D11, Caeruleus11 and Art138 like this.
  17. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    If only that were true. Unfortunately it’s not the case. Specs in the 425-450 range are going for 25-35k off. (Unless it’s a very unique/different spec as those can absolutely pull good money). I do agree the specs below 400k are sitting as are specs north of 500k.

18. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    I can tell you after having my check book open for at least a year, that it was very difficult to find a Rosso with all exterior carbon, very low miles, non tracked cars much below sticker. What was more confusing, even with the Covid shutdowns the prices were not being reduced. The ones that were below sticker were either very high MSRP (greater than 480k). The examples below 400k MSRP were above sticker asking but not moving. When I was finalizing my deal, the two other cars I had interest in were sold. I feel fortunate that I found my first choice of color being Rosso Scuderia.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  19. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    You could have had this one for below msrp when it was available (but glad you got the Rosso Scuderia as I like that better) https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/on-the-menu-steaming-hot-pista-2019-rosso-corsa-2950-mi-mint.634922/

20. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Those who own a Pista will insist that prices are holding steady. Others who have sold their Pista claim prices are dropping. Simply keep watching the market prices and it will become apparent what the trends are. There is no shortage of availabe cars for sale. That augers well for those interested in purchasing.

epah, Caeruleus11, Boomhauer and 3 others like this.
  21. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Perfectly stated.

Coincid likes this.
  22. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Mine is for sale now and I believe it will be sold this week, asking price is above list as it is a well spec'd car in perfect condition. If it doesn't sell for what I want I will just keep it. I bet many are in the same boat. If they get at or near their asking price they may let it go, if not they will hold it. Lets not forget that it is winter time and the market will pick up in a couple months. The Pista is a special car IMO so the demand will always be there especially with the direction of Ferrari these days.

D11, Thecadster, Coincid and 3 others like this.
  23. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Your car would have worked. I really wanted a car with less than 500 miles. Another frustrating thing is the double listings and sold cars that are still listed for sale. I'm sure that the dealers are wanting to keep a list of interested potential buyers. My Pista list was $451k and less would have worked. In the end, it is a keeper and since I'm in the minority liking CF (it seems here), I really enjoy all the carbon fiber that came on my car.

24. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Do you have the link for your car?

25. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Given the current state of the Supercar economy Pista’s are fairing OK. Definitely not going up and fairly level to MSRP with up to a 10% dip.

Most special cars have hit a stride and are going up.

1. CGT’s
    2. Performante’s
    3. Porsche GT cars
    4. SLS Mercedes
    5. 993 Porsche
    6. F40’s

I find it interesting as Speciales haven’t really moved which could be based on owners trading to one of the many Pista’s available.

Markets are all based on Supply and demand and I would say that the demand is definitely there for the Pista’s it’s just that there is far too much supply at the moment.

Caeruleus11, Gh21631 and ryalex like this.