Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread | Page 168 | FerrariChat

Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by maha, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
  2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    This car is just plain nuts!

3. Ale55andr0

Ale55andr0 Karting

May 23, 2019

Can't wait to see it on a drag strip and with "special" tyres :D

paulchua likes this.
  4. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    Put the Toyo’s on and less Fuel.....Wow! Presuming he was in Qualy Mode, not sure what Mode Launch Control puts you in..

paulchua likes this.
  5. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    #4184 Coincid, Feb 4, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
    While there were inconsistencies in the conditions between the tests of the 765 and SF90 ( tires, road conditions, amount of fuel), the numbers for the SF90 are indeed impressive, those of the 765, a car selling for $250K less and pure ICE, are nothing short of breathtaking.
    SF90 765LT
    0-60 - 2.35 (2.37)
    1/4 mile. 9.62 @146.13. ( 9.33 @ 151.34)
    60-130. 5.18 ( 4.69 )
    100-150. 5.32 ( 4.76 )

Brooks dynoed the 765 at 885 HP at the crank.

Luque, of2worlds and BJK like this.
  6. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    The interior of the car looks much better in the video than still images.

7. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Didnt at one point Brooks mention he was able to get 0-60 in 2.1 seconds? And I thought the ¼ mile speed was 148. Never the less, yes both the SF90 and 765 offer performance that was one unimaginable in a street car. I think they are sufficiently different to appeal to different people. Very very impressive from both companies.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Il Co-Pilota, mkultra, dpw98 and 2 others like this.
  8. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    He clocked the 765 at 2.1 as well. In a RWD ? That is a monumental achievement.

Caeruleus11, of2worlds and paulchua like this.
  9. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    Hopefully Brooks ordered the Assetto Fiorano pack for his car, another 30kg saving and maybe 12kg saving on the Carbon Wheel Option, this will fly down that sticky drag strip...

10. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    I'm surprised the 765 is anywhere close on 0-60 with the awd of the sf90.
    It's like lining up with a 911 Turbo S. AWD is a huge advantage off the line, especially in real world conditions and not a prepped drag strip.

Coincid and paulchua like this.
  11. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I would agree that the Maccas are better valued' bang for the buck.' However, in a sense, they have to. If you provide the same performance for the same price as a Ferrari, why not go with the Ferrari? Besides, Ferrari is never known as the 'value' play; it's not in their DNA. Their ethos, I argue, is the 'fastest' (at whatever price.)

Later this year Plaid+ will blow both cars out of the water in the 1/4 mile and 0-60 for less than half the price of the Macca. Just the reality If driving in a straight line for a 1/4 mile is one's ultimate gauge of superiority.

12. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I think given it's 765 at the crank wheels and its lighter does the trick. I tip my hat at the folks at Woking. They've made a masterpiece with the 720/765.

Caeruleus11, Coincid and BJK like this.
  13. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Agreed, Brooks is doing some really impressive stuff. He's a credit to the community.

spyderman, Caeruleus11 and Coincid like this.
  14. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The Tesla Plaid starts at $132000. It will be the king of straight line speed. The ultimate is blistering speed combined with objective stellar performance and capability and elevated thrilling driving dynamics.

Itzkirb and paulchua like this.
  15. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    Absolutely, I’m not surprised 765 LT is close as Brooks confirmed it’s putting out 880hp and it’s got a dry weight advantage of 260kg over the Standard SF90 Brooks drove in Puerto Rico. Tip my hat to Both Ferrari & Mclaren.

Coincid and paulchua like this.
  16. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK

On the street Brooks's 765 ran 9.9''. You cannot compare the street with a drag strip, with its special glue and all.

17. mayer

mayer Karting

Feb 16, 2004
    The 2.1 second for the 765LT was with stickier tires and on a prepped surface at the drag strip. Quarter mile he ran for the 765 on the streets was about 9.8/9 seconds., and 0-60 was about 2.8.

The drag strip makes a huge difference. I like both cars for different reasons and they’re both mental. Comparing the street time of the SF90 to the drag strip time for the 765 is not an apples to apples comparison though. There’s a reason his latest video proclaimed the SF is the quickest production car he’s ran so far.

Considering he has both cars, we should see a heads up race soon, under similar conditions.

The SF has AWD but he’s spinning the wheels multiple times in both videos he’s shown for the car. The power from the ICE goes completely to the rear wheels. Two of the three batteries goes to the front. The car doesn’t have the ability to send power from the ICE to the front.

18. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Debating the minutiae of the conditions and dissecting the fractions of a second misses the point. The fact that these 2 magnificent super cars exist providing the enthusiast with such stellar yet differentiated approaches, philosophies, aesthetics and driving dynamics, represents a uniquely pivotal historical moment. The end of one era and the birth of a new one. Super car cognoscenti are very fortunate.

paulchua likes this.
  19. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Very true, still fun to magazine race. I'm not innocent by any means!

20. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Considering that McLaren has positioned itself as the progressive maker of supercars, I find it interesting that they’re the ones bringing the more traditional formula to this fight - less weight, more boost, port injection, rear wheel drive, shortened final drive, no electric motors.

Then again, I don’t think it was ever expected that the public would be benchmarking the SF90 against McLaren’s competitor for the Pista. It makes me wonder what Mac has in store for its actual future SF90 fighter.

Dela and Caeruleus11 like this.
  21. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Those hp numbers are not far from what my contact in McLaren says. He is one of their test drivers, and internally the drivers estimate about 840-850 C_hp SAE. It is no different than the 720S which is also severely underrated. I don't mind that McLaren makes a fast car, but it does bother me a bit that they use the underrated numbers as a direct measure of comparison.
    Running 9.33 @ 151 in the 1/4 is definitely a sign of a high hp car. Had it been due to extreemely low weight or grip, it should mph out the back at more like 140-142 mph. A well dialed street car that mph @ 151 usually runs high 8's.

Impressive still.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Caeruleus11, paulchua and of2worlds like this.