812 VS Rumors | Page 151 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I’m 100% sure there will be fewer made than demand.

Goo

stavura, IloveGT, JagShergill and 3 others like this.
  2. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Well my SA says it does and the Portofino with any V12 is a preferred combination for Maranello and that they like it if you own the cars for a couple of years. I suppose maybe this game for some is played on a longer time horizon but my runway is getting shorter due to my age (65). I have bought 4 new Ferraris in four years so there is that. However, I don't know if they would consider that enough for the VS.

If I decide I want the VS then I will go to my dealer and tell him but I imagine I would be put late in the cycle if I got one. I do have some leverage with the dealer because my wife likes Ferraris and we have two parked in our garage now. I could easily make that one or none and go to another brand myself or not buy my wife a Roma. In addition, my SA did mention that the 812 order would probably enable me to get a special car later, certainly a GTS if I wanted it but I told him I am not interested in that car any longer.

So we will see where I go with Ferrari in the future. I like my current car but I am fickle and change cars often so it may not last another year and if Ferrari doesn't have anything I want in a year and someone else does, the 812 will be traded for something else even if it is the last NA V12 produced by Ferrari, whatever that may mean.

What really surprises me is how much I like the RR AB SVO that I just bought in October. I really prefer to drive it over the 812. The Portofino is for my wife to drive so I don't get much seat time there. I can't see myself buying the VS to drive and depreciate, because the small bit of difference they will make to it won't benefit me on the city streets and the massive loss in depreciation due to mileage would not give me any more pleasure than the same miles in the 812. Because I wouldn't be tracking the car and I am not a collector, the VS really doesn't have much marginal utility for me. The 812 really fits the bill on being a special car that I can drive around the city and still be using the car as intended. So it has a chance to last longer than my other Ferraris have.

I should say too that each time I got rid of my two previous Ferraris it was because there was another Ferrari that gave the the itch and I scratched it. Right now, nothing Ferrari has put out is giving me the itch, hopefully that will change.

of2worlds likes this.
  3. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    Ahh the itch!
    For me it has been a 2 year recurring disease. However, Ferrari runs the risk of vaccinating me from the itch if they continue to produce cars like the SF90.
    I don’t need a 2.5 second 0-60 heavy appliance. What I need née want is a sub 3 second mid engine v12(assisted or otherwise) that is a regular production car. In the meantime the front midV12 series will suffice.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William

LOL, appliance. That's the same word the salesman used with me when I first started talking to Ferrari about getting one back in 2015. He said Ferrari is more like a work of art as compared to an appliance like the other performance cars out there.

spyderman likes this.
  5. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I would love to have a regular production Ferrari that looks like a slightly bigger Speciale (to accommodate engine) with a rear-mid-engined NA V12 out of the 812SF. What a dream!
    Heck...it can look like the F8 too! :)

6. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    There will be no problem selling that car. We all want it!

7. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    goo goo ga joob

still channeling the Beatles, I Am the Walrus? :)

tomc and JagShergill like this.
  8. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Crazy thing is, if they could build it to pass Euro rules (or screw that...just sell them to US market)....they could charge $750K and there would be lines around the block at every single US dealer. They could sell 10,000 of those.
    Goo

9. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    And you sing a good tune !

of2worlds likes this.
  10. cesman

cesman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2008
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Craig
    They did manage to charge a ludicrous amount of money for a rebodied 812 in the form of the Monza for 499 and given what a LaFerrari cost new one could say the Monza price was unreasonable for what you get - but they did sell them.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

roma1280 likes this.
  11. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Am certain we will have significant customers knowing be end of next weekend ...

Goo squared

12. Art_collector

Art_collector Karting

Jul 13, 2019
    My dealer told me this week that I am getting a slot for the 812 VS and told me that the introduction will be in 3-4 weeks.

The say that they didn’t get enough slots for the list that the made with the factory. But that’s always the same story with this kind of models. More information they don’t have a this moment.

carlom001, italiafan, 456-boy and 3 others like this.
  13. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    What did he say on criteria? What cars do you own that you were granted a slot? Congratulations!

wrs and of2worlds like this.
  14. Art_collector

Art_collector Karting

Jul 13, 2019
    I started to buy Ferrari 3-4 years ago now. I bought in that periode 10 new Ferrari’s (Some have still to be delivered). He didn’t told me about the criteria of the car or the amount they get.

LMH, wrs and of2worlds like this.
  15. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    @Art_collector always seems to be an early build recipient of the 'good' stuff! Thank you for your update here.

jpalmito and Art_collector like this.
  16. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    What special Ferraris do you own?

Art_collector likes this.
  17. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    How many have you kept? All of them?

18. Art_collector

Art_collector Karting

Jul 13, 2019
    Sold 2 of them

of2worlds and wrs like this.
  19. Art_collector

Art_collector Karting

Jul 13, 2019
    #3769 Art_collector, Feb 5, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
    All Ferrari’s are special but the most special one now is the Pista Spider.

20. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Special shade of dark blue paint ( B H ) or am I thinking of a different Pista Spider?

Art_collector likes this.
  21. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I am not sure, buddy, if this so called Ferrari is actually the same way we used to remember it by anymore. In fact a singular youtube channel with enough subscriber can actually bypass any previous purchase requirement for VS. It is just slap in the face. I know.

wrs likes this.
  22. kenvw

kenvw Rookie

Jul 16, 2016
    I bought 6 cars were the Dealership put their other slimy customers name first and even a second for resale and me third when of course my state DMV showed I was the original owner. It was found out when I asked another dealer if I could join their dealership that he put in my name to find out that I was cheated badly when looking up the VIN #. It took over 6 plus months to sort this out and final my constellation price was a Pista (which they knew was going to screw over their customer with real value) and an 812 SF. It was all BS from the dealer, local rep and the head of NA Ferrari not to step in and give me something special. At least a Pista Spider ( which are not that special ) and a promise of a real VS car coming up. So I now have owned 9 cars and this is the brand that wants more of my money and loyalty with their (exclusivity talk). NA Ferrari should be reading these conversations and have them properly cleared up. Here is my email address if you are as passionate about your words, cars and company. Email address. [email protected] - please contact me to discuss.

cesman, of2worlds and wrs like this.
  23. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    They are making a rear V6 engined car, but it won't be cheap or slow, but it should sound good. :)

24. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Will be presented in May 2021. Go to the 458 section where there's more info about the so-called "little brother".

Marcel Massini

ForeverCar, of2worlds and Wheels1 like this.
  25. hagen111

hagen111 Karting

Feb 25, 2006
    So agree with this comment...own 2 V12 Ferraris (FF and F12)...and no longing to upgrade to either newer or more special. I love driving them, but to be honest..a 991.2 GT MANUAL joint my collection in 2020 and wow...I long for driving THAT car over the V12's...its so pure, so engaging...hard to describe how special it is.

I wish Ferrari would have the guts to make a true drivers car...instead of the 'Louis Vuitton handbag' like specials. So a GT3 equal car...manual option, lighter, pure, smaller V8, produced for every one that wants one, so no limitation...I would sign on the dot!

of2worlds likes this.