812 VS Rumors | Page 152 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    I believe that many dealers have been given their allocation numbers now - I expect there to be numerous Phonecalls/discussion between dealers and their vvip and also from good customers over the next 8 days - bound to be some verbal’ bum fights ‘ Starting soon - when the allocations are announced I hope those that don’t get them show good grace / difficult I know when many have been disingenuous with their customers . My desires always been fair , transparent and gentlemanly - quite rare traits these days imho!!
    I’m still pretty ( 95%) sure that there will be a Giallo or bianco as 1 of the launch cars .. here in the UK we often get about 10% of production as RHD so possibly 2ish Aperta per dealers ???? Just chewing the cud there ...... I’m desperately hoping I get an Aperta allocation - if I don’t IL be gutted but then hopefully the coupe. If I don’t even get the coupe then ( as I’ve previously said ) I genuinely think IL buy a 550 barchetta and a 575SA and enjoy them - it’s a win/win....

dhari, cesman, junc and 2 others like this.
  2. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    I said win/win although if I don’t get a VS I will still be gutted and throwing my dummy out of the pram... ( or ‘Comforter out of the Cot‘ depending on where you live )...

Shack likes this.
  3. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    While I think this is accurate for many other brands, there is no evidence that Ferrari does the same
    Shmee got a Senna and a Ford GT but Ferrari never gave him a special series. Same for Mr JWW who paid up to get his second hand TDF or Salomondrin who doesn’t get anything (apart from a Huayra which anyone who can afford it can get)
    Ferrari do allow VIPs (major businessmen and some celebrities) to occasionally jump the queue but so far I have not seen them allocate special cars to the usual YouTubers.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

uhn2000, Caeruleus11 and KenU like this.
  4. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    As you should :)

JagShergill likes this.
  5. -K1-

-K1- Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2008
    Northern Italy
    Full Name:
    Ken

I bet you JWW gets one. I know how much revenue he generated for Ferrari U.K.

6. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    It sounds like the appliance maker satisfied your needs, why expect Ferrari to do what Porsche did? They won't, they are making what their business plan calls for and treating their customers as the plan calls for. It's all about profit now that they are stock traded and I am sure Porsche made a great profit on the car you bought from them as will Ferrari on the VS when they start selling it, whatever it may turn out to be.

KenU likes this.
  7. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Last time Ferrari offered a manual, the uptake was in the single digits!!! Let's face it, manuals are relics and technically obsolete. Ferrari is offering the Eurofighter experience and yet some people keep asking for the Spitfire experience... The notion that a driver's car has to be rudimentary is baffling!

stavura, KenU, maxemus and 7 others like this.
  8. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I completely disagree with that statement. No point to argue it further as you seem set in your opinion but IMO you are totally wrong.

9. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    I really just don't get statements like this. If you don't like driving your cars, sell them. If you prefer one brand over another, buy that instead. Clearly Ferrari isn't going the direction you want, sometimes that happens with brands.

As for the special cars, this isn't anything new. They've been doing this for years. In general the cars are lighter, and more 'pure' to drive. They just don't have manuals anymore. Not sure what makes them a hand bag, but that's just your opinion and that's fine.

As for the 812 VS, I'm still waiting for anything vehicle related rumor wise. I think the horse has been beaten to death on allocations, numbers produced, ETC. I just wanna know something about the damn car, not how hard it will be to get.

444sp, Tommy Boy and 512tr1992 like this.
  10. hagen111

hagen111 Karting

Feb 25, 2006
    I would love a Gordon Murray concept at Ferrari price point. Time will tell...

444sp likes this.
  11. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    @Challenge64 any news on securing your allocation for the 812 VS?

12. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    If the Gucci guy is hired , perfect time to launch the SUV for the rich soccer moms, yes there will always be a bunch of hardcore old school car guys who just want the driving experience but Ferrari is nowadays another luxury brand attracting the wealthy, with money no object.

hagen111 and 456-boy like this.
  13. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    No. In fact per their usual, they don't blow a lot of smoke to customers - or at least to me - by telling them they have an allocation/that they are getting a car/ or promise anything to me until it is official.

14. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    That may be precisely why they want him.

15. rossodino

rossodino Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2007
    corona del mar, ca.
    Full Name:
    bruce sansone
    You could be exactly right.

crinoid likes this.
  16. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    That s right, it s another brand, unfortunatly...

17. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
  18. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    A combination of extremely Loyal customers , world leading brand recognition , exceptional products mean that Ferrari will always be considered a Trophy must have for non petrol-heads... I’ve got such blind faith in Ferrari however , that I’m happy to believe that they will continue with an ever divergent plan - a product range for true Ferrari fanatics and a parallel range for the LMVH cohort...
    The 812 VS and Aperta ( MM/gto/VS/imola/ etc etc )is certain ( imho but no concrete evidence as yet )to have 880 bhp, 90-100kg weight saving , new trick aero , and some new design features that will continue in the 812 replacement . These things are pretty safe bet I think ... however , I think that coupes will satisfy most tifosi and the Aperta the VVVIPs but I still think there will be another limited ( sub 300) non-Icona as the last V12 na-
    I’m happy to be wrong but think Ferrari have an extra /extra special VS of the 812/GTS they will show in in v limited Numbers as the last V12. Totally guesswork obviously plus I’ve just had my crystal ball detailed to level 5 paint correction by Topaz!! Lol
    Goo

stavura, DRYHOLE, cesman and 8 others like this.
  19. Art_collector

Art_collector Karting

Jul 13, 2019
    My feeling say that Ferrari will do something with a teaser or maybe even the reveal of the 812VS on 18 feb (birthday Enzo Ferrari).

ilcapodizurigo likes this.
  20. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    They had me to do a pretty extensive survey last year and it was all about Ferrari being a luxury brand and how would I react to other Ferrari luxury products.

21. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    I saw some comments above about “if I don’t get the aperta I hope I get the coupe”. So is the prediction that the VS will be released in both aperta and coupe at the same time? What is the latest on how limited the coupe and aperta will be?

22. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Both will be presented at the same time.

Marcel Massini

TP98, pingit00, GK18 and 20 others like this.
  23. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    But our resident Fchat expert has already said unequivocally....

btw..I too have heard both will be presented at the same time.

24. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    Very certain coupe will be around 800 units (probably 812). Does anyone have any info on aperta, how many units?

Art_collector likes this.
  25. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015
    That was my previous prediction since the vast majority of the time Ferrari does not release the convertible version of a car at the same time as the coupe.

However, if Marcel says they ARE introducing both together this time ... it’s safe to assume that’s what’s going to happen.

In summary, the best information we have right now is that BOTH will be NUMBER OF PIECES LIMITED and both will be introduced simultaneously.

Since the 250 GTO is the ultimate classic racing bred road Ferrari and the 812 VS will be the ultimate modern racing bred road Ferrari, I could definitely see Ferrari using their model numbers to determine the limited quantity of each model while symbolizing the Alpha and Omega of the classic V-12 as we know it ... limiting production to 250 Apertas and 812 Berlinettas.