COVID-19 Vaccinations | Page 2 | FerrariChat

COVID-19 Vaccinations

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by tazandjan, Feb 13, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/147703541/

2. puckybadger

puckybadger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 12, 2016
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Had 1st dose of Pfizer on 01/31, 2nd dose scheduled for 02/23

3. NoECUs

NoECUs Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Texas
    Full Name:
    William Harrod
    First dose of Pfizer on Jan. 25 and the second one on Feb.4. The first dose just resulted in a sore arm for a day. The second dose was sort of like a flu shot - generally feeling a little crummy for a couple of days. My wife and I both had the same reactions. Much better than any alternative.......

4. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I'm shocked this did not get move. Good job guys. Proof the 12 cylinder guys are exactly 4 cylinders better ;)

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  5. NoECUs

NoECUs Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Texas
    Full Name:
    William Harrod
    Sorry, typo on my post - first shot was Jan. 15, not Jan .25

6. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    A relief to finally get one shot at least, glad the roll-out has worked for most of us, except Canada, it seems. We were all pretty careful not to let this have to be moved to P&R.

Ian- Shots are much easier for me than getting blood drawn, because I am a tough stick. Stainless steel veins or something. My record for just getting blood drawn is 7 sticks, although for blood and an IV my record is 10. Get to meet a lot of girls that way.

7. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Coincidentally, I have just now been planning an European road trip - France and Italy - but not until July: we have tickets for Bocelli's annual open air concert at the Teatro del Silenzio and accommodation booked for a few days either side, carried over from last year, so I thought I would put together an itinerary around that - three weeks altogether with a week in Forte dei Marmi after the concert and a few days in Versailles on the way home. Going by car has many advantages, not least being able to take the dog along.

8. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I'll try to behave, Terry. All my rants concerning state and local government and their determinations of priority shall remain confined to hollering down an old well.

9. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    sounds fabulous. I am looking in to booking to go myself now you mentioned it! We were on the Tuscan coast, indeed all over Tuscany, last summer, first time I have driven there rather than flown for 20 years.

you should be safe with July but what do I know, I had planned a skiing trip this winter. I rate my chances of Monaco drive in May at no more than 30%. There’s the whole brainzap of who allows who to go where, when, and why, and whether who is allowed back where and so on.

I think the US has a constitutional ban against states restricting travel from other states?

I drove back from Germany in September during the slightly absurd time when you didn’t have to self isolate in the UK if you hadn’t stopped in France, but you were allowed to get petrol, and maybe were allowed a coffee and to use the WC at the same time, or perhaps it was just a croissant.

10. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Yes, I think we should be safe in July, but I have booked everything on a cancellable basis, just in case - no point in tempting Providence!

I hope you will be luck in May - about the time my second jab is due.

11. root

root Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2012
    Bay Area, Ca
    Still waiting for the call in California where some counties have been doing better than others. Glad to hear no one so far has to press ctrl-alt-del to wake up in the morning.

12. savannah

savannah Rookie

Jun 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Everett DeHut
    Got my second pfizer last Weds. No symptoms.

13. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Saw where Australia approved a second vaccine, so that should speed things up. Apparently they have 54 million doses of AstraZeneca lined up.

14. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    One day after my wife got hers she has a fever and feels like crap, I had no reaction except a bit tired.

15. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Wife was same after her second jab. Good night's sleep and some chicken soup and she was much better. Best of luck...T

16. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    My reaction was like your wife's. 24 hours late I just felt tired.

17. mswiek

mswiek Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    Got my second dose of Pfizer a couple of weeks ago. Only very very minor side effects both times that alleviated within a few hours. Doing my part to make things safer around me, and to be able to socialize and hopefully travel a bit more. Only problem is, I may be ready, but governments in Japan and Europe are not ready to allow me to visit ! Hopefully soon.

18. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    That's funny, that's exactly what my wife did. We had chicken soup last night and this morning she feels fine.

Chicken soup, good for what ails ya :)

tomc likes this.
  19. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Jan makes the world's best chicken-noodle soup with homemade noodles. Will have her make a big batch before we go get our second shot. Really glad it was not scheduled this week, since everything here has come to a complete halt with about 2-3" of snow. Would really crack up the people who live in Minnesota or northern New York.

20. JSP

JSP Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Both Pfizer shots with no side effects. Kudos to the scientists.

21. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Can't discount grandma's #1 cure-all. Wife said she had the Moderna vaccine, if that makes any diff...T

22. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Very few cases here (no testing) and I believe IF they do vaccinate at all it'll be the chinese shot. No thanks.

23. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Same with us, Moderna

24. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Congrats! I don't think I'll get mine until the May timeframe. Hopefully sooner, but supply is a bit limited.

Best to you.

25. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    "How are the rest of my V12 buddies doing...."

Massachusetts has so poorly handled this I'm hopeful to get mine in the 1st quarter of 2024. And I have two V12's! :D