F430 BLOWN ENGINE | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F430 BLOWN ENGINE

Discussion in '360/430' started by Oggie, Feb 11, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Talk about a gut punch.

2. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    The key is 'an exception to policy'. IE: they are doing it for YOU (as a good customer) not because they have to do it. I hate to tell you but EVERY company works that way.

3. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Not every company. Some don’t care how much you buy everyone is treated the same. The fact Ferrari does care is actually a plus as some automakers don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    I guess we will have to disagree on this one. I can't think of a single company that doesn't have different terms on different contracts, even auto makers. AND, they made exceptions or work with their customers to resolve issues. How hard they work or what they are willing to do is based on the quality/value/volume of the customer. A company would never tell the customer that is 20% of their revenue 'We don't replace that screw; you are on your own.' They would look for a way to help or make it right. They may not do anything for the guy buying 3 but they will for the guy who buys 3M items/yr.

jag-oo-r likes this.
  5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Back to the one post OP. You are pretty much SOL.

jm348, Flea7, jag-oo-r and 1 other person like this.
  6. Freddan

Freddan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 16, 2012
    Vansbro (Sweden)
    Full Name:
    Fredrik
    Exact my thoughts as well when read your story.

7. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    The OP is going to have a difficult time. I'm curious on how much money he has paid the lawyers. About 5-6 years ago I ran into a guy with a custom color F430(blue) which he had specially ordered. The guy had 85,000+ on his car. He heavily tracked the car and was an instructor. At about 80,000 miles he lost a piston and a number of other parts had worn out and been replaced.. He was very matter of fact and said well parts do wear out and that is the way it is.

8. dbdreams

dbdreams Karting

Nov 6, 2003
    Hayden, Alabama, USA
    Full Name:
    David W. Burnett, Jr.
    Hey man, I am having my 2000 360 service now and the clutch is out. Does this TSB technical service bulletin apply to 2000 models as well?
    If so do you happen to have the old part number as well as the new and post them please.

It seems to me that Ferrari of Seattle holds the responsibility for installing bolt that were a know issue with a TSB. It is even worse because one would assume that an actual certified Ferrari dealer would provide superior sevice

By the way I guess I should read the entire thread before posting. I now see the actual TSB below your original post

9. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    The old bolt will not be available to purchase/install by this point. I wouldn't worry about it. No Ferrari dealer would ever take that chance.

technom3 likes this.
  10. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin

Not to take this off course... But drag racing isn't much harder or even harder at all on a car than a 20 minute session on the race track. It just stresses different components.

11. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    And this is the problem. My shop (of 30 years) doesn't work that way. Taking responsibility is not on a sliding scale.
    And I can assure you I don't pull down the profits that Ferrari does.

Ferrari may not understand that to get quality/volume customers you start by supporting those that already are customers.

I certainly hope that folks here pitch in to help him with docs and other evidence.

12. INRange

INRange F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD
    No one is going to waste the time. The OP has not been seen since his original drive by post and complaint. It happens all too frequently where an owner/poser who has trouble with reality and accountability comes to Fchat to make a complaint, slander a company and are never heard from again.

jag-oo-r and Skidkid like this.
  13. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

I found my repair quotes at Ferrari of Seattle to be not just sky high but astronomical and I am used to yacht repair bills. I posted the quote on here as well and it was confirmed just nutty.

The bolt story on the 360 flywheel will guarantee my business will not be there if I can avoid it. Right along with Porsche Bellevue.

I was in the car business in my youth and I can say that both these dealers left me laughing after I thought about the interactions.

Porsche Bellevue was incapable of selling me not one but 3 new Porsches over the years including one that had a $310k msrp.

I happily buy my new Porsches in So Cal and ship them up. It’s worth the avoidance of heartburn.

Still looking for the magic PNW shop for 430 service with a computer if needed. Meanwhile, I would rather wrench on my own car than get gouged for service. The ability to pay the price and the logic of paying the price are two different concepts.

Stealthssfc and armedferret like this.
  14. Sled Driver

Sled Driver Formula Junior

May 13, 2010
    Stokesdale, NC
    Full Name:
    Emery
    #39 Sled Driver, Feb 24, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    In the PNW I’d contact 7 Lakes Auto Repair, run by Mark Glenwood (360) 941-6527 A very experienced Ferrari mechanic, located in Arlington, WA 98223

Flea7 and NMNMNMN like this.
  15. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

Thank you!

16. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    There are plenty of independent Ferrari parts suppliers with "new old stock" 103875 available...just google "ferrari 103875" and they pop up all over the place, even on Ebay in the original packaging with Ferrari parts bin labels...

17. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I was speaking about through the dealer network. Heck I could find parts for a Saturn 5 rocket if I looked hard enough.

FSM348 and f355spider like this.