C8 CORVETTE | Page 51 | FerrariChat

C8 CORVETTE

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by BJK, Jan 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    As far as the row of buttons is concerned I have only touched them twice in the 1st 2300 miles I have owned the car. First time was to press the AUTO button and set the temp on 70* . The second time was to change the temp to 73*. So the net is I don't have a problem with the buttons

k wright and jm2 like this.
  2. twestby

twestby Rookie

Jan 20, 2007
    Pa, Fl
    Full Name:
    todd
    C8, Tour De Force for GM. Delivered for six figs +/- (big deal). There’ll be great aftermarket support and improvements from GM. BTW the paint color on the 488... drab.
    Swapping it out for a Pista could change my opinion.

3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I bought the Vette as my daily driver replacing of all things a Mini Cooper S. I drive the C8 in ways I never would have thought one of my Ferrari's.

They are not Ferrari's. That's actually the point. They are just fun cars. People should get over it.

But give Chevy its due. It finally made something comparable with a Euro exotic at a price a lot more people can afford.

I think that's a good thing.

4. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Driving with the top down I change the temp controls all the time and adjust either the seat heater or cooler depending on changes to the sun and outside temp. I never had a steering wheel warmer either and its kinda nice on a cold day when you first get in.

5. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    anunakki, ForzaV12, DIGMAN52 and 4 others like this.
  6. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  7. Nicolas21

Nicolas21 Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2016
    Near a nuclear powerplant
    Full Name:
    Nicolas
    How it happens to get a brochure in the USA? You just ask for it (or pick-up in a chevy dealer) or have to pay it?

Just a simple question :)

8. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    You can order the 2021 C8 Corvette brochure from the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green Kentucky where the Corvettes are built for $20. https://www.corvettemuseum.org/
    Go to the 'SHOP' logo and it will take you to 'CORVETTE STORE'.

jm2 and Nicolas21 like this.
  9. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    my dealer gave me the brochure but i have a car on order with him.

Nicolas21 and of2worlds like this.
  10. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
  11. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    jm2 and of2worlds like this.
  12. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    Went to car & coffee this weekend and saw two C8s in person. Really impressive car in person.

anunakki and of2worlds like this.
  13. Melons

Melons Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2013
    anunakki, TheMayor, DIGMAN52 and 5 others like this.
  14. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
  15. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Beautiful day here. Went for a long drive with the top down. Flawless car, really. Quick enough. Sounds good. Quite comfortable. Great feel. Floored it a few times. Best 0-60 was 3.9 seconds but the wheels spun a lot at launch (no LC just floor it). Car breaks away so smoothly. Doesn't feel scary at all. I cannot wait to drive it this summer.

16. energy88

Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Look what was parked in "MY" space today!

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Took a road trip into the massive metropolis of Culpeper (pop. 19,455) to get my second CV-19 shot and this was parked where I had parked the first time I went.

This is my first sighting of a C8 in the wild. The car was quite a bit smaller than I expected. The front end looked so good that one never considered inspecting the rear end. Even the black "boomerangs" coordinated well with this color combination.

While passing time waiting my turn for the shot, a 70-yo woman and her 90-yo mother took a 30 yard detour to see the C8 first hand. Their comments included words such as "bat mobile," "sure is sleek," and "it has a Chevrolet emblem on it."

I talked to the owner (after he got his shot) and he has had the car for a year now and put 10,500 miles on it. He commented that he has never ventured more than 60 miles from home except for a trip to Florida. He bought it from the local country Chevrolet dealer and thinks that his is still the only C8 they have ever sold.

I was impressed at how fast the engine fired up and the exhaust sound as he drove off. Perhaps we will exchange waves someday on back country roads.

17. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    This car is still pretty rare, which is surprising. I've only seen 3 others on the road (all coupes) so far and a lot of people tell me mine is the first one they have seen. I can't believe that will go on much longer.

VAF84 and of2worlds like this.
  18. energy88

Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    On the topic of future market saturation and eventual depreciation, anybody have any insight into Residual Values being quoted for C8 leases as time has passed since introduction?

anunakki likes this.
  19. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I can't see it being "common place". But certainly numbers will rise dramatically.

Side note, with how good the standard car is, the Z06 should truly be epic. I'm very excited for that car.

Boomhauer, DIGMAN52 and TheMayor like this.
  20. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    What's not to like about a 5.3L Twin cam flat plane crank N/A V8 with 650 HP that revs to 9 grand? :)

Boomhauer, thecarreaper and DIGMAN52 like this.
  21. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    of2worlds and jm2 like this.
  22. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    C7 ZR1 w/755 hp has 335/25 R-20's for comparison

of2worlds likes this.