488 Spider vs F8 Spider - hmm | Page 2 | FerrariChat

488 Spider vs F8 Spider - hmm

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by TheBigDot, Feb 26, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheBigDot

TheBigDot Karting

Apr 27, 2019
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Here are my spec’s thus far for F8:

EXTC - Blu Tour De France 70
    COLL - Bonnet Upper Insert Black Matt
    LOGO - 'Scuderia Ferrari' Shields
    CALY - Yellow Brake Calipers
    EXAT - Titanium Exhaust Pipes
    CRPT - Nero (Carpets Colors)
    INTC - Rosso Ferrari (Internal Colors)
    DAYT - Daytona Style Seats
    RSFE - Full Electric Seats
    LERZ - Rosso Ferrari (Inner Colour Rear Leather Trim)
    LTDX - Nero (Leather Exterior Door Panel)
    ULEZ - Rosso Ferrari (Upper Part In Colored Leather)
    FLMA - Coloured Mats With Logo
    RVEN - Red Ring On Dashboard Vents
    STC2 - Giallo (Coloured Special Stitching)
    EMPH - Filo Giallo (Horse Stitched On Headrest)
    RPMY - Yellow Rev. Counter
    CIDL - Carbon Fibre Driver Zone+Leds
    DATR - Carbon Fibre Dashboard Inserts
    CILR - Carbon Fibre Central Bridge
    CITZ - Carbon Fibre Upper Tunnel Trim
    BRAD - Back Radar
    FCAM - Advanced Front Driving Camera
    MIR3 - Electrochromic Rearwiew Mirror
    SURR - Surround View
    AFS1 - Afs System
    ELEV - Suspension Lifter
    ACPL - Apple Carplay
    SNDH - Premium Hifi System

Before anyone tells my why not to get CarPlay, I do have it in my 488. I am a bit of a workaholic and need constant access to my messages! Its just the necessary incremental cost for the car but worth it for my needs. LOL

Chizz likes this.
  2. Mighty Joe

Mighty Joe Formula 3

Sep 3, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Yes....I'm hearing that the F8 is called the Tribute because its the end of the road! A Hybrid 6 will most likely be next. But fear not, these guys know what they're doing!

3. Mighty Joe

Mighty Joe Formula 3

Sep 3, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    You go brother!!! Yes, they are similar, but I totally get it. AND yes, I am hearing rumors that your new F8 will be the end of the line for the V8's! Sad in some respects, but these guys know what they're doing. Expect a vicious V6 Hybrid next with stellar numbers!!!! Lastly, maybe our 458's 488's and F8's are keepers now!????

Drson and TR007 like this.
  4. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Front sensors come in handy. I forgot to order them for my rig.

TheBigDot likes this.
  5. TheBigDot

TheBigDot Karting

Apr 27, 2019
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I can see the car going hybrid, but I would be shocked if they went to a V6. Look at the sales collapse when the 718 went to 4 from a 6, and then Porsche reversed course.

I asked my local dealer, they said no way. But then again, they never know.

Whipcity76 likes this.
  6. TheBigDot

TheBigDot Karting

Apr 27, 2019
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Agreed! I thought it came with the surround view, just added it.

Whipcity76 likes this.
  7. Whipcity76

Whipcity76 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2015
    Florida, USA
    Full Name:
    Hugh
    Have also done the flip from 488GTS to F8 Spider. Technology abounds. Dramatic changes to drivability, comfort to almost a daily driver. Never felt the same with prior F430, 458, and 488 Spiders. Each time out is a new tantalizing experience. IMHO, one can not go wrong with the upgrade. Now, the $64 question is how patient you are? I waited 12months for my car. Rumors are surfacing of up to 24months. Am a typical Ferraristi who needs instant gratification, probably like most of you reading this Chat. Sure, there will be car flips that will be out there in the market. Have always built my cars which gives me immense pleasure not settling for anything I didn’t want. So, summing up, go for it!

Chizz and TR007 like this.
  8. TR007

TR007 Karting

Jun 5, 2018
    The Woodlands, Texas
    Full Name:
    Trevor Roberts
    I have a 2019 488 and just this week I ordered the F8 Spider in Rosso Fiorano. Looks like it will be a great upgrade. Love the re-design and the upgraded motor and tech. Expected delivery in 1H 2022.

Manda racing, Mighty Joe and Chizz like this.
  9. MotorMouth

MotorMouth Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    MA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Does anyone else think the 488 looks better than the f8?

Mighty Joe and PA Wolfpacker like this.
  10. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    Great question. I was deciding between the two and at our dealership they were parked side by side. I stood there for 30-45 minutes comparing. The F8 just has sleeker lines. I was thrown off by the hood initially but it grew on me. Overall the F8 was just more striking especially from the rear with the spoiler and the throw back dual tail lights.

Cigarzman likes this.
  11. TheBigDot

TheBigDot Karting

Apr 27, 2019
    Full Name:
    Michael
    it is obviously the same debate between the 458 and 488, although that debate also include the NA engine vs a turbo. For me, I love the lines of the F8 as well as the throw back rear lights as you expressed just the same. I do, however, think the F8 looks great with the standard wheels rather than any of the upgraded wheels I have seen.

Cigarzman and Chizz like this.
  12. MotorMouth

MotorMouth Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    MA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #37 MotorMouth, Mar 2, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    The F8 might be the worst car to judge by photos. In the photos thread it looks like a different model from one picture to another. It does look much more extreme and modern than the 488 but not more appealing, in pictures anyway. When I focus on each specific area, it all looks great but when I look at the whole thing it’s just- space pod. The 720 does that too. I love the 488 chunkier flatter less intricate sculpting. There’s a hint of F40 in there.

Mighty Joe likes this.
  13. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    I totally agree about the wheels

JAM1, MANDALAY and Cigarzman like this.
  14. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    I agree the F8 must be appreciated in person rather than pictures. I was amazed how different it was in person than in the pictures I had seen. I guess it is better that it is more attractive in person than in pictures rather than the reverse.

15. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Funny story , my buddy bought the pizza pie looking rims for 7k and is swapping them to the dealer for the free ones. He saw my car with the freebies and asked me if those were the upgraded ones. I said no , they came with the car. Lol

JAM1, TheBigDot, wthensler and 2 others like this.
  16. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Nope

Cigarzman, Chizz and Coincid like this.
  17. TheBigDot

TheBigDot Karting

Apr 27, 2019
    Full Name:
    Michael
    The 458, 488 and F8 seemed to all be evolutionary to me. Many people could barely tell the difference unless you are a Ferrari enthusiast. And at least it seems the same car cover fits on each of them! LOL

18. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The dimesions are virtually the same. The devil is in the details, especially the front and rear of the cars. To my eyes, the front of the F8 is a quantum leap more attractive than the 488 box like structure and the 458 mustache facade.

Cigarzman likes this.
  19. Mighty Joe

Mighty Joe Formula 3

Sep 3, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Yes!!

20. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    The F8 looks nothing like the 458 and I had a 458. Same dimensions and structure but visually a major difference.

21. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    How is the scuttle shake in the F8 compared with the 488? In many reviews they always say you notice it’s an old chassis because of this...

22. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    If we're talking GTB vs. F8 from the rear, yes I think the 488 looks much better. Front is clearly better on F8. F8 Spider over 488 Spider any day.
    It's kind of a situation where I think the 488 GTB is better than the Tributo, but that the F8 Spider is better than the 488 Spider.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

TR007 and Chizz like this.
  23. john Owen

john Owen Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Owen
    This is very interesting especially the second part where you think the 488GTB is better than the F8 coupe. Can you elaborate.?

24. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    There's not much to elaborate on. When standing behind each car, I just fins that the 488 GTB looks more coherent. The rear of the Tributo never really worked for me.
    Somehow with the deck lid of the Spider it just ties everything together better for me. I also think the two "humps" of the Spider makes for a sleeker and lower looking side profile.
    It's just a matter of opinion.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Chizz likes this.
  25. john Owen

john Owen Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Owen
    Appreciate the response. I happen to agree 100% with your opinion on the aesthetics of both 488 and F8. I really don't like the rear of the F8 compared to the 488's however the F8's front end adds some nice aggression. I didn't realise you just meant both cars from an aesthetic POV as i thought you alluded to the driving aspect.