812 VS Rumors | Page 203 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    Here is another point of view that I would like to put forth. Maybe one of the challenges that Manzoni is solving for is to make VS a completely different and more aggressive product from the 812 Coupe and the 812 GTS so that folks who want a more elegant shape will actually go to the 812 Coupe or the 812 GTS. This will probably help the 812 Coupe and especially the GTS retain values much better in the long run as compared to what would happen if the VS was simply a slightly aggressively styled version of the base car. Probably also the reason why they are doing a Targa VS and not just a GTS VS.
    I can tell you one thing, all those clients who bought a new 812 GTS are going to be very happy with Ferrari's product strategy when all is said and done.

2. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    That would be quite radical. I kinda doubt it but anything is possible. I think it’s a tiny window perhaps.

3. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    I totally agree with this and the 812 GTS is growing on me every day

Thecadster, uhn2000, [gTr] and 6 others like this.
  4. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Manzoni has one of the most challenging jobs in the world of automotive design: respecting the legacy of the most iconic brand in the world while being creative and innovative.
    In any case, his team is much bolder than Porsche which has been giving us the same 911 for 60 years.

stavura, Doug23, Makuono and 13 others like this.
  5. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    lol yes, there is an identical comment about us Ferrari drivers on the Lambo forum right now.

6. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Link?:)

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Thecadster likes this.
  7. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    The direction of the discussion is amazing...why don’t we all wait until mid-April to see the real car? Every single Ferrari of the last few years looked a lot worse on renderings than it looks in the metal. I hated the LaF when it came out, I love it now. I didn’t think the TDF was better looking than a 599 GTO, now I do... I hated the SF90 render when it leaked minutes before the presentation, I saw it in the metal an hour later and loved it. Same for the F8... I didn’t even want to read the articles when it was launched, I really like its styling now, especially the Spider...The only Ferrari that everyone loved when it was first presented was the Monza and it is hard to design such a masterpiece every time

More importantly, they are all truly amazing cars! Even the Portofino which gets few mentions is one of the best cars I owned and loved every minute of driving it

Whether we care to admit it or not, Ferrari is on a roll for the last ten years. It is making better cars than ever

I am certain the VS will be another masterpiece and it will have a huge following. So let’s reserve judgement in case we all have to eat our words in a month !

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

8. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Don’t be silly, Lambo people can’t read!
    :)

9. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    They communicate through social media pictures and video. LOL :D

stavura, 350MH83, SeattleStew and 2 others like this.
  10. zooyorker

zooyorker Karting

Feb 28, 2010
    I never said there were any protrusions. I was merely implying that I hope the car will remain the habitual thing of beauty, that a V12 GT VS always has been.

Please note that I was referring to front-engined V12 GT cars and their subsequent track orientated variants, as this is the 812VS thread - not their mid-engined flagship "hypercar" (boy, do I hate that word...) siblings. Although even there, one could argue that Ferrari has managed to keep things relatively docile in their own right and always within purpose (Countach wing on the other hand...) - It's just part of the Ferrari DNA to keep things clean on the street cars.

I agree with you on the fact that the car will most likely be pleasing to the eye and stay true to its V12 GT nature, without any over-the-top wings etc ;-) But I can't say more on that for the moment. Exhaust topic remains an interesting one... As always, time will tell.

ilcapodizurigo likes this.
  11. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Ahahahaha

#Goopunchline

12. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Ah. I thought the revving of the engines at the red lights is their way of communicating. So if they use Facetube, Youbook and Instatwit for that, why do they endlessly rev engines in public? :D

13. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    stavura, italiafan and crinoid like this.
  14. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    Well, sometimes Ferrari owners are Lambo owners too :)

LMH, italiafan and Roland1688 like this.
  15. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    If you have access would be good to see :)

I drive both so I wonder what that makes me :)

16. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Then what would we do for the next month .....

350MH83 and Ltfor3 like this.
  17. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria

Successful? :D

stavura, LMH, of2worlds and 3 others like this.
  18. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    No doubt the mechanics and dynamics of this car will be again exceptional. But you are now going to need to wear a hat and dark glasses to drive it. Ferrari used to be about elegance , style and restrained power. The TDf being the perfect example, but maybe they had a good baseline to create it. This new car, from those images looks like a c...k extension car and far from what a Ferrari should be. Maybe for a different group of buyers this is what is needed, all show, flash and naff. But Ferrari is more and more Disney theme park and less and less Patek or Bottega. Each to their own of course, and there is no doubt the performance will be off the scale, they are masters. But in terms of design, they are totally lost , trying too hard and are starting to look out of touch. I appreciate others will feel totally different but for me Ferrari have taken a wrong turn on design and I would feel uncomfortable arriving in such a car. Sign of the times ? Maybe. Sign of Ferrari having lost their style direction, for me certainly. I love the Monza , really love it, but this car, SF90 , Roma ( take badge off and it is an Aston or Jag) are far off course. The Luca and Felisa era were really the best.

Anyway, I cannot wait to hear all of the driving impressions of this new car, as it is certain to be a new benchmark.

19. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Drive man, just pile on the miles:cool:

Shack likes this.
  20. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    George,

Excellent post and spot on as always.

21. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    What is worrying me the most is not the "Triceratops back" but the "Giant swaybar" across the hood. if there's no way to get it body colored it bothers me a lot. I really dislike that thing on the SP30 as well as the horizontal stripe found on some tdf"s...

22. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    You make sound like a bad thing...!

SV

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  23. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    LOL @ giant sway bar!!

So from the TdF we learned that part of the VS upgrade is to add a lot of CF bits to justify part of the cost increase seeing how buyers associate CF with high-tech and exclusivity.

Personally I hate bare CF and especially how, when incorporated randomly, it breaks up the flow of the design. But the buyers don’t seem to be put off by this so we get designs like this.

crinoid, ilCapo and dcmetro like this.
  24. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    To the extent this is a complain about design tangent, I wish we could get Fioravanti back to do some Ferrari models. Greatest of all time.

day355, of2worlds and ilCapo like this.
  25. rossodino

rossodino Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2007
    corona del mar, ca.
    Full Name:
    bruce sansone
    Your preaching to the choir here my friend, I wish they would put him on the payroll.

Tate and ryalex like this.