812 VS Rumors | Page 207 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    sounds quite lovely

2. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    I am in the first half of my forties:D

of2worlds likes this.
  3. Ltfor3

Ltfor3 Karting

Oct 14, 2013
    FL
    Full Name:
    L.T.
    I do find it funny we have people being critical after seeing 30-40% of the car. Those that have seen it seem to think, in total, that it may not be pure art, but certainly not an abomination.
    At best, at least we can’t say it looks like a corvette or an Aston Martin.

I am still excited to see and learn about the car. I think it will become exactly what a VS is meant to be and should be, plus I have a TM GTS so feel where this is headed is win/win.

4. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Happens with every model...it is very difficult to judge a shape with 100% certainty from a render but in my opinion it is a very successful design, everything one would want from a limited edition V12. Those of us thinking that the TDF will remain the best looking V12 special series are advised to reserve judgement until April...once we see proper photos of the car, we will be able to discuss properly.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

stavura, Shack, Senna1994 and 7 others like this.
  5. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    George330 did you get the preview pictures invite? What color was the other TARGA version?

6. Tiwo1985

Tiwo1985 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 25, 2020
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Tim
    My Dealer Said 999/499
    I will get a Coupé and be happy.
    Wheels only Carbon, 865HP

Doug23, matt0, maximilien and 2 others like this.
  7. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Carbon wheels...is it the same design of Pista/SF90's or a new one?

8. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I often notice comments on forums for all the car brands I love, bemoaning how new tech is the enemy of what we used to love in cars. The thing is, what we used to love in cars was new tech once, and guess what, there were people around saying the same thing then. Power steering, F1 and DCT, traction control, even the V8 engine. It’s all ‘the devil’.

I can never respect or appreciate a brand that wants to stand still. None of these brands get to choose the regulations to which they have to adhere but meeting the challenge sharpens the mind. I can’t say I love everything about new cars but then, there’s plenty to dislike about the old ones too. Things that get old quick; bad build quality, poor suspension, naff electrics, worn out gearbox, standing by the side of the road with your shiny red Ferrari waiting for a tow truck.

There is lots to celebrate about the old but the problem is we’ve all ‘been there, done that’. I don’t mind if I’m alone but I’m an enthusiast and I welcome what’s ahead. If I want to reminisce about what I used to drive I can always go back and buy that stuff. But you really have to know what you’re doing for that to be enjoyable; it is very easy to have a ‘never meet your heroes’ experience. Instead, I want the future to be full of innovation and different technology but as a Ferrari customer, with the unique Ferrari flavour. If they have to go all EV (don’t believe they will but some say it will happen) then do a fantastic Ferrari EV, find a way to bring the Ferrari personality to it. If it has to be hybrid, make it a hybrid that makes me go “wow! This is amazing, you gotta have a go in this...” If there are ways of making an ICE emission free, then find them, Ferrarify the life out of them. Just don’t stay stuck where you are because I, and many other people who do and will buy these cars, will be bored.

I hope the SF90 is a two-fingered salute to those who either want to see brands like Ferrari fail or just love to complain for whatever reason. I can’t say it is yet because I haven’t driven it. Who knows? Maybe it really is an unenjoyable Ferrari. I doubt, but could be. But as so many others have said, if you don’t like the new cars - SF90, hybrid F8 replacement, 812 VS don’t buy them. But no point in reaching the conclusion that Ferrari messed up, or RACE tied them up. They are still making brilliant products despite the regulations of the world we live in being difficult for engineers. The choice is not current Ferrari or old Ferrari, it”s current Ferrari or no Ferrari. I know which I choose. Apologies for the rant but regular “Ferrari is going in the wrong direction narrative” is fine to a degree but relentless comment gets sooooooo tedious.

Someone said earlier something along the lines of “that’s what a forum is about”. To a degree that’s true, but that better applies to when there are different feasible directions a brand could take. Here, there isn’t. Ferrari. They change or they die.

9. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    That's hot news !

10. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    All of this is because we are all bored as f... waiting for that car to be released...

Jelial and Ltfor3 like this.
  11. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    People whom generally talk about how “ everything used to be better in the past” are just doing that; living in the past. Progress stop for no one. Rules and regulations the same. I doubt going full EV or even hybrid was a fun route for Ferrari; yet they are forced to.
    Having said that, I think we all want a simply ICE only screaming V12 for the VS!

12. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Do not confuse progress and strictly political rules.

In a world with zero automotive laws, ferrari would make 10,000 rpm gasoline V12's with free exhaust. There would be no debate, everybody would be in heaven.

In a world with zero automotive laws, I'm sure Ferrari would never even have thought for one second to make EV's, hybrid or even turbocharged engines.

So yes it was better in the past will less laws.

Anyway back on rails, the car we are focused on is very proably an unassisted N/A screaming V12, that's already great news.

13. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    "Progress" would be 1,000 hp NA V12 screaming 10k+ rpm, mounted mid-ship <3000 lb curb wt.

red passion, day355, ewright and 6 others like this.
  14. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Exactly what I'm saying. People have nothing against progress, they have a lot of things against stupid strictly political laws. Therefore, they consider the time before those laws as a better time, ans they are right.

15. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    It’s good to have goals! :eek: :)

Thecadster and of2worlds like this.
  16. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Ahaha absolutely... that would require (Mainly for the 250 GTO) to do something I plan to do since a few month ... Make Mackenzie Ex-Bezos my SugarMilf.

17. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Sincere apologies but I cannot comment on the specification of the cars. Ferrari want all details to remain confidential until the official presentation and one has to respect that. All I can say is that they have done a terrific job in my opinion and I cannot wait for April!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

stavura, Doug23, red passion and 11 others like this.
  18. Ltfor3

Ltfor3 Karting

Oct 14, 2013
    FL
    Full Name:
    L.T.
    I can get the RL model 250 GTO, check the box and save the sft

19. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

Is the design more radical compared to the TDF ?

20. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Already answered here > Page 200 Post 4984 ;)

jpalmito likes this.
  21. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    anticipation makes the reveal sweeter .... still sooooo impatient though !!!!!!!!!

of2worlds likes this.
  22. Nicolas21

Nicolas21 Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2016
    Near a nuclear powerplant
    Full Name:
    Nicolas
    Ask her :p :p :p

dcmetro and JagShergill like this.
  23. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    As I noted, the “scoops” in the roof are not really good at scooping, being that they are on the diverging surface of the roof and flush, so not proud of the surface as a scoop would need to be to recover the dynamic energy of the air flow. So no engine back there, LOL.

But they are definitely designed as air inlets, though these would need either a lower pressure zone to flow into or a motor-driven fan. For what purpose? Mention on the 599XX reminded me that that car used some “synthetic jets” blowing into the base area (the back side of the car) and a porous material as the roof of the diffuser. This was powered by a pair of blowers in the boot.

I would guess this is what we’re looking at here with these air inlets in the roof: boundary layer aspiration on the roof to reduce drag and improve flow to the rear spoiler; air pumped into the car’s wake for drag reduction; and some sort of blown diffuser to increase underbody downforce.

I wonder if the “boxes” outboard of the exhausts are related to this or that area will be used for a small flick and winglet/strake.

Doug23, jpalmito, F140C and 4 others like this.
  24. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    I really believe it might be similar to the Gordon Murray T.50. Possibly two fan systems as apposed to one

25. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo