812 VS Rumors | Page 209 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    For the first time, I’m thinking I might order carbon wheels - I think this car might deserve it. Has anyone ordered them before and had a bad experience?

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  2. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    #5202 Lukeylikey, Mar 7, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
    I’m conscious of the fact that some here have seen the vehicle but are rightly not saying anything, so speculation from those of us who haven’t may sound stupid. Nevertheless, I’m wondering if we have been considering the rear air scoops the wrong way? If you had to delete the rear window for another reason, I.e something happening in the centre, what would you do with the rest of the rear panel? Leaving it flat wouldn’t look right, so locating air vents or feeds there, instead of at the side, would be a good thing to do, leaving a nicer and less disturbed side profile. The obvious thing to delete the rear window for something happening centrally is a raised exhaust like 918. Doesn’t seem likely as I write it but that would allow for a huge diffuser and be generally pretty epic. All the mules had protruding exhaust boxes, seemingly well outside the line of the side of the car and even the wheels. That never looked right to me, though it does suggest on face value that a central exhaust is not correct.

I also note the picture doesn’t seem to have carbon wheels. Could that comment be from a dealer trying to maximise spend-per-unit? They don’t show painted shields either and the area where the shields sit seems much smaller than for Superfast, small enough that painted shields might look a bit crowded. One thing that is obvious is that the side profile echoes 812 but is actually very different. There is also the question of the mule we saw with the raised fuel filler cap in the same location, on the right-hand-side of the car, as the TDF. The TDF has vents on the rear wing necessitating the move of the fuel cap. I was expecting the same for the 812 VS since the mule showed this higher siting of the fuel cap but no. It doesn’t seem to have any venting there. So why the new location? Something to do with what’s going on underneath in that rear area perhaps? That could be further evidence for KERS, putting something in that rear area meaning that the fuel tank neck and rear venting from the Superfast have to be relocated?

Attached Files:

crinoid likes this.
  3. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    I have them on my pista spider and on another sports car (Donkervoort). Absolutely no bad experience so far.

I cannot say I can feel an obvious difference with regular rims when I drive those cars (both cars are so agile anyway, it would require a back to back test) but they look terrific in the flesh (wasn't sold at all when I saw them first on pictures).

Of course at the beginning I was very worried about hitting them but then almost forgot about it.

There is so much carbon in today's sports cars anyway that we know that hitting anything anywhere will be very costly!

I will probably go for carbon wheels again on the 812vs.

4. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Looking at the photo above as it seems a lot clearer, there does seem to be a boot lid / trunk lid in the same position as the Supefast one, so to me it looks like they have removed the glass maybe for ascetics?
    Anway I for one can't wait to see the whole car.:)

Ekki F likes this.
  5. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
  6. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    #5206 isot, Mar 7, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2021
    yes! this morning I woke up inspired. Ps the wheels are from Portofino M

7. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Wow fabulous job done here on this rendering!! On this angle the car looks elegant and really sporty at the same time. My prediction is that the front bumper will be more aggressive than that.

Caeruleus11, fil and isot like this.
  8. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Caeruleus11, fil and isot like this.
  9. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Thank you, I just really want to see the car

10. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Love this render. It’s obviously not going to be completely accurate but it shows some interesting things. The vent across the hood, controversial for some, looks like it will be a nice feature and perhaps shorten the appearance, helpful since the rear is also shorter in your render - dealing with another controversial issue on the Superfast. Whether the real car will be like that is hard to know, except for people who have seen the car, but it looks good in the render. Something also nice is the clean rear three-quarter, which does seem to be part of the finished design per the leak picture. It could just about justify relocating the vents to the rear window area on the grounds of aesthetics, maybe. Would still be something of a brave move but the shape of the rear three-quarter is very nice, especially with the kicked-up spoiler which, likely, we will see something similar on the finished car. Whatever the finished car looks like, yours looks good!

isot likes this.
  11. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    This is probably the best render of an upcoming Ferrari that I have ever seen. I don't mean it from a guessing POV where @ingegnere is the master but just how true it is to how Ferrari's cars are actually styled. This is like 100x better than any render that any auto magazine has ever put out. Bravo!

stavura, Bundy, Caeruleus11 and 3 others like this.
  12. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Thank you so much! Wow

13. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    I can honestly say that I did the simplest thing I could do: I would not be able to hypothesize neither a front nor a rear view. Thank you :)

14. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Nice work. Shows how the 812SF has good bones to work with and how unfortunately all the elements on the current car (scoop and outlet over the rear fender, the “car swallowing another car” at the back) really affected the great proportions of this car.

Just removing the scoop really accentuates the hips at the rear—a classic design feature—and something I did also in my sketch.

Wondering if the quarter window is going to be the same exact one as on the TdF?

Caeruleus11, isot and of2worlds like this.
  15. Ltfor3

Ltfor3 Karting

Oct 14, 2013
    FL
    Full Name:
    L.T.
    Totally agree. The fact this has happened before and the idea the car was taken away from the person who leaked it all just adds to the drama a d serves as a warning to others to keep quiet. Just a little too convenient. If someone was going to leak a photo it wouldn’t be so perfectly enticing- especially on more than one occurrence. We know this and yet here we are, Ferrari marketing knows us well.

Shack, Bundy and isot like this.
  16. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    The rear spoiler as drawn by @isot looks feasible—judging from the panel trim line shown—though with more of a forward taper at the extremities:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Despite all the add-ones and cuts, slats, etc. the vibe from this car is that it should be a “smoother” shape than the base car.

To your point, at the front I also expect more aero add-ons and at the rear there’s the mystery “box” to consider.

Caeruleus11, F140C, crinoid and 2 others like this.
  17. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    Really like what you post on Ferrari Chat.....you write exactly my thoughts and save me the typing! Keep them coming and good health to you Sir..

[gTr], Caeruleus11 and Lukeylikey like this.
  18. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    I don't think that the quarter window is the same as the TDF and I also imagine that there is no glass but a solution similar to the one present on the Omologata: a negated carbon plate that lets in air and is connected in some way to a sort of spoiler blown immediately above the stern band, between the lights and above the Cavallino

ingegnere likes this.
  19. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    ingegnere likes this.
  20. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
  21. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Did you see my post 5194. It ties into your concept of the large NACA duct at the rear and I think it’s possibly blowing out a large exit hole.

ingegnere likes this.
  22. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    yes when you now look at these leaked pictures of the tdF with the cover casually tossed on the roof and the car just left out in the open for no particular reason with no person around. It does seem like a rather carefully staged presentation but with the big difference; that new front grill treatment is still hidden from the viewer at that time. Also the tdF was moved to give a nice side profile view at a very flattering angle...

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

stavura, Shack, Caeruleus11 and 4 others like this.
  23. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    I agree - looks to be a scoop at the quarter “window”. I really don’t like the fake glass (like on GTS) and that’s why I didn’t show one in my sketch. I prefer the look of solid bodywork like on 250 GTO, SWB, etc. to a fake window. Even on the 812SF, with all the B-pillar structure behind the glass, there’s not much window left.

BTW, nice detail in the front fender lower “triangle”, I had not noticed this before and is a good continuity on the hood mounted CF slat:
    As I noted already, I don’t expect they will alter the front fender per se so any additional CF add-on opportunities will be limited to the hood and the “triangle”. In fact I was surprised to see the hood slat extend on to the fender but I think these will be just extensions mounted on, and moving in unison with, the hood:

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  24. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Yes, maybe less “rounded” though as the Omologato has a theme of rounded openings, see the front fender, for example.

Caeruleus11 and isot like this.
  25. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Yes, or maybe feeding the underside of rear spoiler/wing like on 488 for example.

Whatever the end product looks like seems to be a lot of effort to condition the airflow at the back for sure.

Or maybe it’s just for looks, ha-ha. And to get traction on FChat.

Caeruleus11 and crinoid like this.