New 550 Owner | Page 3 | FerrariChat

New 550 Owner

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by rhern213, Feb 19, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NE550

NE550 Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    Full Name:
    Dave
    @rhern213, looks like they did quite a lot of "while you're in there" stuff in addition to the major. Should be bullet proof now. Good deal!

rhern213 likes this.
  2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Great news and $7K worth of mnx.

rhern213 likes this.
  3. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    Yup, some more work done I just found again were the rear shocks and mounts, as well as the motor mounts.

4. Boy Wonder

Boy Wonder Karting

May 23, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Fred Wolf
    its a beauty ,,, classic in every way

the colors are great, enjoy the hell out of it,, you will love, just looking at it on rainy days,, and it you are like me, you will realize how lucky you are

rhern213 likes this.
  5. NE550

NE550 Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Your 550 is lovely. They got a lot of typical problem areas taken care of pre-sale. Lucky you! I have a noisy left rear shock mount...only "knocks" when it's below about 60 deg F. Probably have to replace it later this year.

rhern213 likes this.
  6. hrthornton

hrthornton Rookie

Jan 29, 2021
    Florida
    @rhern213 thanks for posting this...I am a soon to be new 550 owner expecting delivery this Friday at Tampa Ferrari. This forum discussion has been very helpful guys, looking forward to some great driving memories

niftyfivefifty and rhern213 like this.
  7. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    Congratulations! I know I couldn't sleep for several days when I got my confirmed delivery day. I've only been on the forums for a few weeks and have already learned tons of info. People on here have been very knowledgeable and immediately helpful.

We'll all be expecting a new owners thread full of pics! Then a road trip between Miami and Tampa :)

8. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    Il Tifoso and niftyfivefifty like this.
  9. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    All that stuff is funny, because NHTSA has no record of a 550 or 575 being stolen.

rhern213 likes this.
  10. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    It might have been owned by El Chapo's English cousin, The Chap.

11. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    You made out with the service already; it could only be better with a brick or two stashed in the trunk to pay for the car itself!

hrthornton likes this.
  12. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    Is that all I need, just a couple of bricks...:cool:

13. EnzoItaly

EnzoItaly Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2016

Cool story: welcome to the F family!!

Your anecdote about spotting your first 550 on the road... it means it was meant to be like that!
    They’re amazing cars: enjoy it at every opportunity you get to drive it (but be careful as it can ‘bite’ if you’re not careful enough with the throttle in the beginning).

(when me and my dad were on our way to inspect THE 456... we were discussing that it was at least 10 years ago that we spotted a 456 on the road... guess what lined up 30mins later at the traffic lights next to us... a 456!)

niftyfivefifty and rhern213 like this.
  14. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    That's awesome, I'm not a spiritual or religious person, but those kinds of coincidences even I can't ignore. Not to mention they make for a great story!

15. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Yeah, those are the moments when you hear the fanfare in the background, you just don't know where it is coming from. Fate has her own orchestra!!

rhern213 likes this.
  16. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel

Attached Files:

Il Tifoso likes this.
  17. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    I repaired the rubber strip around the headlights which was mostly all coming off.
    You'll see after I applied the adhesive that it overflowed a bit, but it's no problem since the glue is rubbery it can easily be cleaned up perfectly after it dries.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
  19. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    Maxime Defforey and NE550 like this.
  20. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Nice work

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

rhern213 likes this.
  21. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Richel,

I went from a BMW Z-3 3.0 manual, to a Countach. This was my first exotic. At the time I never owned a P car either.

Congratulations with the new 550

Enjoy

rhern213 likes this.
  22. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    Thank you! That's excellent and sounds familiar, I was in the BMW community for a while also. I owned 2 E36 M3's, one stock as a dilaily driver and I converted another into a track car. Not very fast cars by current standards, but so much fun to drive.

ralfabco likes this.
  23. niftyfivefifty

niftyfivefifty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 5, 2007
    PacNW
    The first "fast" car I ever drove was my uncle's Dakar Yellow II E36 M3 convertible. It was only around a city block in downtown Seattle, but it was enough to spark the addiction.

I tried to buy one in college that was beautiful. It was a Titanium Silver Metallic coupe with a manual and luxury package. I put down a deposit on a Sunday to return the next day with a cashier's check. When I returned home I realized the owner had written only 15 digits of the VIN for me (lesson learned back when I was 20, always take a picture of the VIN tag!). I called him for the missing digit and sure enough it turned up as a total loss salvage title with significant odometer rollback; 115k instead of 85k, and I walked away before I became attached. That was the last one I ever looked at because nothing else came close to that spec I was looking for. I might need to scratch that itch some day...

The feeling I experienced driving it is similar to the 550. Quick, comfortable, and most of all, fun.

ralfabco and rhern213 like this.
  24. ///Mink

///Mink Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2006
    Fair Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Mink
    You and me both! I had two separate E36 M3s myself, including one I primarily used as a track car. Not fast but amazing cars nonetheless. It was the first "extravagant" car I ever bought myself. At the time it was almost new and seemed like such a guilty purchase!

25. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Dakar yellow coupe here - daily drove for a few years, the one I shouldn’t have sold! Turner Motorsport power package with notables including Schrick cams and a 3.46 diff. It was a fabulous car!