Ultimate 458 Exhaust Shootout...Sound Up!!! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ultimate 458 Exhaust Shootout...Sound Up!!!

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by FerrariFR33458, Feb 13, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    We would be more than happy to extend a discount to F-Chat members on the 458 system. Any friends of Dan are friends of ours!

Gauging interest, Would the community like a group buy event on the 458?

GT2goneF likes this.
  2. SingleClutch

SingleClutch Karting

Apr 19, 2019
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kris
    Since I just bought your entire exhaust for my F430 the only thing left for me is getting an ECU tune after I get it all installed. Any deals on that?

Fly fast and take chances

3. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Of Course, PM me!
    Happy to hook you up with our F-Chat discount

SingleClutch likes this.
  4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Do inconel and ss sound very different and if so how?

5. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    From what I have read and what has been said here. No, there is no humanly appreciated audible difference. You are just adding dollars per pounds shaved. Usual recommendations for an Inconel exhaust are a must for tracking (if you are a serious track rat) or because you just want to. For regular street use or sound, the stainless steel is recommended. It is also more durable and easier/less expensive to repair than Inconel.

6. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    FWIW i ordered full Novitec for my F12 TDF, all in SS.

7. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Me too

I am sure you are in love with your NA V12. I can only imagine how much more you will be when that beast unleashes it's scream with the Novitec exhaust. I cannot wait for you to get it installed. That is how Enzo intended these cars to sound. But politics and policies are clamping them down. At least we have ways around it, for now.

dustman likes this.
  8. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    Great comparo!

I make the Reid (#2) Tri-tip exhaust. It's a straight pipe that follows the factory routing and utilizes valves and the stock center tip to quiet it down.

It has a short & equal length, non-merged design for making more power in the mid-upper powerband, an even sound (higher pitch with less bass) and low weight. Like all other 458 exhausts, with headers and cat deletes it gets rowdy.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

SingleClutch likes this.
  9. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    wow cant wait to here the scream on that!

10. ferrarifam

ferrarifam Karting

Jun 9, 2020
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Adam
    The brilliant exhaust is the best system I have ever heard. Anyone have one here in the US for the 458?

Rexcat458 likes this.
  11. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    anyone know where I could get one in the EU? sounds absolutely beautiful.

12. ferrarifam

ferrarifam Karting

Jun 9, 2020
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Adam
    DM me...

13. adamellisdj

adamellisdj Karting

Dec 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Adam Ellis

You mean these?

Fabspeed Ferrari 458 Italia Cat Bypass Pipes (2010-2015)

14. adamellisdj

adamellisdj Karting

Dec 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Adam Ellis
    How much difference to the sound will the headers make? It bumps the cost right up compared to just the cats and exhaust.

15. FourFiveGreat

FourFiveGreat Karting

Jan 5, 2019
    California
    I had Novitec on mine, but yes, that's the one that's part of the setup that went semi-viral on Instagram (also on car #6 in the shootout video).

16. adamellisdj

adamellisdj Karting

Dec 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Adam Ellis
    you mean Brents 458?

Im still trying to figure out why Dan’s 458 and car 6 sounded different with the same setup. Only difference being that car 6 did not have the valves option.

I can only assume having the option of the valves open somewhat made the sound not as good

17. adamellisdj

adamellisdj Karting

Dec 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Adam Ellis

you’re called Kandi Man on YouTube aren’t you :) same wording and use of phrases. I can tell.

Do you prefer the Fab Speed pipes or Novitec pipes? Do you have a video of the S line system with Novitec pipes?

18. FourFiveGreat

FourFiveGreat Karting

Jan 5, 2019
    California
    Burbles and pops aside (which is the result of a tune on #6), the biggest difference is the #3 has S-Line test pipes and #6 has Fabspeed test pipes. Also, Dan didn’t quite push his car as hard as #6 driver did (he actually slightly short shifted on the pull between the parking lot entrances).

Yes, that’s me. :)

All of my videos with S-Line are with Fabspeed headers and Novitec test pipes. It’s close, but I’m completely enamored by the Novitec’s sound when decelerating from high RPM - there’s a resonance that’s just plain rude. It’s noticably louder on deceleration as a result. I posted a video earlier in the thread demonstrating this. I think I prefer Fabspeed in other cases (need to hear in person to be sure). For me, I’d pick up Novitec for the deceleration sound.

GT2goneF likes this.
  19. adamellisdj

adamellisdj Karting

Dec 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Adam Ellis

Is yours tuned? Does stage 2 make a nice power difference?

20. adamellisdj

adamellisdj Karting

Dec 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Adam Ellis
    Found it. Would the fab speed headers not achieve the same downshifts?

21. FourFiveGreat

FourFiveGreat Karting

Jan 5, 2019
    California
    I didn’t tune; not sure about the impact on power.

I found the deceleration sound was impacted entirely by the test pipes (assuming Fabspeed headers were already installed in all cases). Not sure if Fabspeed test pipes will yield that same sound.

22. adamellisdj

adamellisdj Karting

Dec 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Adam Ellis

Can’t find the yellow one with no headers :(

23. FourFiveGreat

FourFiveGreat Karting

Jan 5, 2019
    California
    Here it is:

24. Normal Guy Supercar

BANNED

Sep 25, 2016
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Daniel Hurlbert
    I have an addition to the exhaust library... And I plan to add more. I realized I wanted to keep getting more comparisons, but it's really difficult to find other owners who have the time or are logistically close enough to film their exhaust setup using the same camera gear so it's a reasonably fair comparison. So I decided over time, I will keep swapping my own exhaust out for different brands until I'm content with the comparisons. The catch is these are all obviously expensive systems, and I'm NOT getting them for free, so it's going to take me a while to buy them.

So I started off with a Top Speed Titanium exhaust. It is pretty much the cheapest titanium exhaust on the market so I wanted to see if it sounds as good as the more expensive options... I also talked to Top Speed and they ordered 3 of these systems and have them in stock ready to ship. So if you want one, you can get them here: https://www.normalguysupercar.com/product/top-speed-ferrari-458-adaptive-valvetronic-titanium-exhaust/

You can use the code ld15 to take advantage of our labor day sale if you act soon and get 15% off. It's valid on any exhaust we carry but it expires on the 10th. After that, you can use the code fchat and still save.

Now enjoy! :)

25. stretchgeneral

stretchgeneral Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 9, 2014
    MA/TX
    Full Name:
    McK
    We need a shoot-out comparison of F8 exhaust systems.