Bad Ford GT crash Los Angeles | FerrariChat

Bad Ford GT crash Los Angeles

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by JStone414, Mar 6, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    Anyone have details on the crash or condition of the driver?

2. Stevenb

Stevenb F1 Rookie

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Which one crashed?

3. Tegethoff

Tegethoff Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2014
    Los Feliz
    Full Name:
    Adam
  4. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    2005. The seats were in the middle of the road.

5. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
  6. INRange

INRange F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD
    Yikes! Looks like the body came off the frame.

7. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    SAFE4NOW and Texas Forever like this.
  8. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    #8 BMW.SauberF1Team, Mar 7, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
    I don't believe Ford GTs were made like Ford pickups with body on frame, but rather monocoque and it looks completely torn apart. Very horrific photo there. I can't see how that can end well.

Edit: There is a black stripeless GT in California with a Heffner TT kit. Is this that one? A UGR turbo black stripeless is in Vegas.

9. INRange

INRange F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD
  10. ExcelsiorZ

ExcelsiorZ Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 7, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Wow! That is terribly wrong and this would keep me from buying a Ford GT! The idea is that the tub should remain in tact. The front and rear body / frame sections are what should rip away and be designed to do so, thereby dissipating energy while preserving the cockpit. That clearly did not happen here! We need more information about what happened here because this is not what should happen to car like this. Praying the occupants survived and that they fully recover from their injuries.

11. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Well you can not buy this car or that car for whatever reason you want, but this is the first time in 16 years a FGT has seen damage like this that I have seen......you are MUCH more likely to die in a Ferrari engine fire scenario than in a FGT.

My early thought is could this have been a rebuilt salvage car? There are lots of poorly repaired ones out there.

FERRARI-TECH and albert328gts like this.
  12. Tegethoff

Tegethoff Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2014
    Los Feliz
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Pre crash 45 second walk-around from immediately before the accident

Starting at 0:57

Too bad the videographer sounds like a 12-year-old.

13. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Is that a problem for a 10 yr old? :rolleyes: He's a young kid starting out. Why do you feel the need to criticize? o_O

GHG, ChipG, ExcelsiorZ and 1 other person like this.
  14. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Anything yet on WHAT happened?

15. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    The way it split, he could have been driving normal and been T boned. L. A. can be very chaotic in traffic. I had a cop run a red light and not check for oncoming traffic and we nearly T boned him. Craziness everywhere there.

16. MotorMouth

MotorMouth Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    MA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Im always amazed when I see an f1 car or nascar turn into confetti in a wreck and the driver is fine. why they still don’t build road cars like that. Especially “supercar” road cars.

17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    the more the energy that dissipates out in all those confetti parts, the less that is concentrated on the driver. all those cars before the 80's would barely be dented in bad accidents, but there were so many deaths.

Jedi likes this.
  18. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    A Maryland State Trooper killed half a family in a minivan by running a red light and tboning them with his police lights on. Absolutely terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crinoid likes this.
  19. FerrariCognoscenti

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    What is scary is this accident happened on city streets and not even on the highway.

20. FerrariCognoscenti

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Horrific 458 crash, the car stayed together and driver walked away:

jimshadow and crinoid like this.
  21. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    The Ford hit a Giulia Quadrifoglio in the crash, the owner posted:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1892344594362807/permalink/2814465408817383/

Edit: considering that this is a criminal investigation into street racing, I would deeply appreciate if you didn't reach out to the media on my behalf, or spread this story.

Hey all, heard there was some buzz about my incident. Thought I'd share here.

On Saturday I finally was able to purchase my dream car. After years of waiting and saving, I FINALLY purchased a Quadrifoglio. After leaving the dealership in Anaheim, I drove north to Beverly Hills, to pick up my girlfriend and her friend who were window shopping while I did all the paperwork.

I was driving alone in the car, heading east on Wilshire Blvd, about 6 minutes from the destination, at about 30 mph (or I was stopped at the light, cannot remember), in the leftmost lane.

At that time, a Ford GT that was racing with two other cars that witnesses described came from the opposite direction, lost control, and hit me head on at what witnesses described at "about 100mph". The force of the impact completely spun me 180, and the other vehicle was completely torn in half, the driver was ejected and flew several hundred feet.

Needless to say, the car is totalled. I only owned it for about 45 minutes, but they were the best 45 minutes on the road! My girlfriend is extremely shaken up over this, and doesn't want me to get another Alfa, I can't say I blame her after seeing the damage that happened to the other driver. I promised my next car would be a Tesla, because of it's safety (I also used to work for Tesla, so I'm biased )

Let my experience serve as a reminder that even if you drive safely on the road, you are never truly 100% guaranteed to not get in an accident. Also, this car is INCREDIBLY safe. If I was still driving my old Honda Civic I would undeniably be dead. The Ford GT completely split in half and exploded, and the shrapnel would have hit me in the face. Thankfully the Guilia has window airbags that saved me.

Also, it's crazy to be able to say that I got in an accident with a Ford GT, not many people can say that

Edit: considering I only owned the car for 45 minutes, I calculated that the car costed me $1930 per minute

Texas Forever likes this.
  22. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I’m presuming the GT driver did not survive...? This guy sounds a bit cavalier.

23. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    Didn't Gas Monkey Garage buy a salvage Ford GT and rebuild it and paint it all black?

The Temp Tag # is in the video the kid made above, for $25 online you can get DMV records in Cali

24. FerrariCognoscenti

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    The tone of his post about the incident is pretty ridiculous. For a potentially deadly crash with life threatening injuries at a minimum, that was not a wise decision to post that in any reality.

crinoid likes this.