The Purosangue Thread | Page 55 | FerrariChat

The Purosangue Thread

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by MDEL, Dec 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    This mule has been spotted several time already in Maranello and other places, wearing Ferrari rims and Ferrari seats - and a Levante body.

2. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    I was driving mine home from the dealer yesterday - recall on the batteries. High cap battery was draining the 12V. They re-programmed my charger and replaced the 12V.

Anyway, the point in responding was: just as I passed the toll both for the bridge, as two lanes merge to one and I was passing a car, a slower car merges aggressively into the lane now nearly occupied by three cars. The two back cars (mine included, brake hard). The other hard braking car now exactly matching my speed as we are rapidly running out of lane. I go to the gas aggressively to avoid an issue and OMG! The silent thrust of extreme power threw me so fast out of harm’s way I was shocked! It was other worldly. This from a guy spending over 70 days a year on a racetrack, driving.

Ryan13 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  3. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I remember you saying you didn't like the tesla experience at all... is there a difference between the Taycan experience and the tesla one ?

4. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James

I am not sure the canyon could have handled both if us silently ripping up and down the road. Still remember the day I picked up my f12 and passed you in your tdf. Hope life is well.

DC- They are completely different cars...the Porsche is a complete package....100%. I have the Ts and it’s insane. Flat in the twisties, feels more like 911 than panamera and the fit and finish is spectacular. Don’t mean to offend but Porsche took their time and did it right.

dcmetro likes this.
  5. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    Honestly it is really hard for me to like a completely electric car. In the Porsche all you do is floor it, no separate program to plug in for the hyper mode. Unlimited launches without battery degradation as in the T car. Both are too heavy. The torque delivery in the Porsche is impressive. In the Tesla it seemed significantly less. I have passed so many Prius and Tesla’s going 55 in the fast lane, I really despise them, as a people. Lol

dcmetro likes this.
  6. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    The Purosangue mule recently spotted in Sweden continuous being travestied of Levante and I really want to believe that this body is just a diversion tactic Ferrari is using to hide the real final design of the Purosangue that will be something completely different. However, If Ferrari designers decide to keep the volumetric of the Levante body no matter what they do they always end-up with a design that looks like an SUV.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. WilliamB

WilliamB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    William
    There are a lot of 'similarities' in this discussion with the time Porsche was developing its Cayenne :)
    After all, it's a Porsche but certainly in a different category as its 911 series.
    As with all Ferrari models, introduced more recently, there will be lovers and haters and I do not expect anything else with the Purosangue.

dpw98, 9nb, 456-boy and 1 other person like this.
  8. till.a.fischer

till.a.fischer Karting

Oct 18, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Till Fischer
    Puh...
    The good old days of V12 are gone.
    Now we're talking 12V...

p.s.: living in Stuttgart I see Taycan regularly. And they look simply beautyful.
    Elegant, aggressive, very cool.
    Much more refined than Panamera or Teslas .

Best...

Sent from my SM-G973F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
  10. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I spent a little time around a Levante this weekend for the first time. I thought it was ugly. My wife and I both immediately said as walking up to it, “If you stuck an Infiniti badge on it you’d never know it was Italian.” Plastic front grill, gaudy plastic front trident. What a hunk of junk, I wouldn’t give you $75K for one.

wrs, LVP488 and MDEL like this.
  11. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
  12. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  13. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Brake cooling?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

14. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    red passion, isot and MDEL like this.
  15. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Jerry, looking at the picture of the mule and at the one just posted by 456-boy, it appears they've put two exhaust tail pipes inside the cavities where are placed the fog lights of the Levante. In principle these cavities end on the inside of the fenders of the front wheels and your guess seems logical to me because there is only one thing there that requires cooling and that's the brakes.

Caeruleus11 and 456-boy like this.
  16. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula 3

Dec 2, 2011
    if they use levante body for purosangue then why it's have camouflage? everyone know how levante looks....

isot likes this.
  17. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    That's a good question. Is Ferrari so naive to the point of believing that we aren't aware that the Purosangue camouflaged body is the one of from the Levante ?

WilliamB likes this.
  18. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    They often test mechanical bits behind the skin of another model.

MDEL and 456-boy like this.
  19. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Most of the time they also use camouflage to hide some features such as the door handles, the shortened/longer wheel base, position and orientation of pillars, and so on.

In the case of this mule, using the Levante body is an easy choice as it’s from a -former- « cousin », that enables Ferrari to hide all of the mechanics and designs under an existing well known body - with that, no need to hide the final design under a huge wrap of camouflage.

That also gives us a clue of the size and approx proportions of the final Purosangue. Ferrari no longer uses the GTC4 as a mule, whose body and proportions most probably don’t fit the new architecture of the Purosangue.

isot, MDEL and Caeruleus11 like this.
  20. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    That's what HOTCARS published :
    "You'll notice in the clip many are debating the sound we hear of this car so we'll go ahead and go on record as saying we think it sounds like a V8. It's not that we don't want a V12, it just doesn't really have the same hum, and frankly, wouldn't make as much sense in a car like this as a V8. We can't wait to see it uncamouflaged."
    Concerning the sound in the clip to my ears it also sounds as a V8. However, when they say a V12 wouldn't make as much sense in a car like this as a V8 I completely disagree.

21. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Purosangue will have a V 12.

350MH83, MDEL, mofatmi9 and 4 others like this.
  22. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Glad it’s confirmed again!

It has been mentioned already some months ago by a Ferrari representative, saying the Purosangue will use the modular platform allowing the fit of V12, V8TT, and V6 with hybridation.

MDEL likes this.
  23. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula 3

Dec 2, 2011
    this is what Urus should also have .... or at least V10 from huracan

24. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    The clip is unmistakably a v12. Sounds like a muffled 812/F12/FF/Lusso. One of the most distinct exhaust notes in the automotive world.

25. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula 3

Dec 2, 2011
    so Ferrari will be the only SUV in the world with NA engine or I'm wrong?