812 VS Rumors | Page 215 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Thecadster likes this.
  2. Jljr

Jljr Rookie

Feb 25, 2018
    Miami Beach
    Bad looking PPF installation.

mthompson2376 and Ltfor3 like this.
  3. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    I state that I have no pretensions and most likely it has nothing to do with the car that will be released in a few weeks.. but I enjoyed it.. and I hope you like it or make you smile, in a positive way.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    Really nice work considering what you had to work with!

Caeruleus11 and isot like this.
  5. Nicolas21

Nicolas21 Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2016
    Near a nuclear powerplant
    Full Name:
    Nicolas
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes, just wonderful !!!!!! :):):):)

isot likes this.
  6. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Nicely done (l’altro) Alberto!! It’s the Alberto & Alberto show on this thread! :)

Only comment is the black strip in the hood I don’t think will extend that far on the fender. In fact I the the fender (except for the “triangle” insert at the bottom) will not be changed, and the part of the CF strip that “sits” on the fender will be an extension of the strip attached to the hood. I think.

Also would be nice if the rear was that clean and simple but prett sure it will be more complicated and “technical”.

7. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    That’s great work! No doubt the rear exhaust and styling will be more aggressive and the sides more like the Omologato but that shows the general impression of what the rear deck treatment could look like in conjunction with the rest of the car. It’s brave but I think I’m going to like it. It’s bold, distinctive and will have a strong personality - like all great Ferraris!

8. iohead

iohead Karting

Feb 19, 2013
    Great work.

A NACA duct as shown in the following annotation will be very cool. NACA ducts always work so well (visually, at least) on special Ferraris.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn

Very Nice!!!

10. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    Excellent! Wow.

11. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Good Gumball reference:)

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Caeruleus11 and ingegnere like this.
  12. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Honestly, I ask myself if the wait is not the best part, we can all fantasize about the futur shape of the car, all in good fun

Thanks a lot for those renders

Mays I suggest to try to insert an Omologata rear diffuser ?. I'm absolutely convinced the VS will have more or less the same (Personnal opinion, not based on any info)

[​IMG]

13. bamaman

bamaman Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2015
    Mobile Alabama
    Full Name:
    William M (B.J.) Lyon, Jr.
    Duh, serious profit center. Ferrari will milk a few hundred buyers for many hundreds of thousands more. The R&D is done, now to the return.

14. bamaman

bamaman Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2015
    Mobile Alabama
    Full Name:
    William M (B.J.) Lyon, Jr.
    The rear end has certainly been improved.

15. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    So this is probably a dumb question as people in the know have confirmed this is a NA 12 BUT....that’s a lot of cooling for brakes. Could it be for batteries?any chance this has an electric motor for boost...kind of like an f1 and stradale...matted to a NA V12? Seems like a lot to delete the window and load up on ducts

16. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    And "no trunk" at all, zero...seems this is not for aero or brakes but for cooling of some sort of hybrid implementation...

Ltfor3 likes this.
  17. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    That was the nightmare! ummmm.....where are the apex's for turns 4 and 5...uh oh!

18. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    This is perfect. I have a feeling it’s going to be more complicated than this, but I absolutely love the simple, resolved treatment you’ve given the rear end in this render.

isot and dcmetro like this.
  19. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    This.

isot likes this.
  20. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    It could indeed be in that purpose of cooling something, I guess it’s more for brakes cooling and for aero (without big wing) than for cooling a hybrid system - too expensive to develop on a « VS » compared to the other normal/VS gaps seen so far.

It could also be « only » for the design, as it has been implemented on the trunk of the Omologata.

This period of imagination is amazing

RamsHmb and dcmetro like this.
  21. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    Hahaha right! I’m definitely not on that list either, unfortunately!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

KenU likes this.
  22. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    Looking at the mule pics, I think there will be an opening/cutout of some sort behind the rear wheels. Maybe not as pronounced as the Pista but something along those lines.

dcmetro and gzachary like this.
  23. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Except, if you don’t mind me saying, there will not be a NACA duct there like that. The air doesn’t flow that way!

The Omologato picture and the render show that the two cars will be very different. It’s no doubt easy to think that the VS takes some inspiration from the Omologato, but the two rear hatch treatments give a very different effect. The Omologato slats cover a rear window, a little - dare we say - Lambo-esque. With the VS the stripe continues from the roof along the rear hatch with aerodynamic elements in that area. That does two things, tells us there is no larger rear window so what is the reason for that? And elongates the car. I think isot’s render shows that this car will feel very different to the Omologato when we finally see it. I think the side treatment we saw in the leak was similar to Omologato and I reckon the exhaust boxes, if they remain in the standard place (no certainty of that), will be aggressive like TDF - or even more so. By the time you add those elements, I think you get the impression this is something quite different to the Ferrari ‘norm’.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  24. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    ARAUJO77, mayer, CottonCandy and 13 others like this.
  25. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    Add the rear diffusor of the 599XX and you are well underway.... or so I was told.....!

Nicely done Isot!