458 - What is your daily driver? | Page 27 | FerrariChat

458 What is your daily driver?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by eskanday, May 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
  2. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Oh come on... The F8 has the same problem and what did you do? You put a Novitec exhaust. Could have done the same with the Q8.

Boomhauer and carz80am like this.
  3. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I guess, but it is still a better looking car with very nice performance at a fraction of the price of the Urus. Still with depreciation, a great durable deal.

4. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
  5. PCJR

PCJR Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2007
    PA
    Really 140 VS @275 -290k
    My point was the price of admission. Try these numbers:
    In two years like you suggest,
    If the RS depreciates 25% that’s around 35k
    If the Urus depreciates 1/2 that amount the dollars lost is almost even. You are kidding yourself if you think it’s less. Then you have a higher insurance policy, more expensive maintenance due to the “Lambo tax” and one year less warranty plus a fortune to extend a warranty and a smaller dealer base for service accessibility. Dealers can easily control the market by all advertising high used prices but once again unless you are buying used you would have no idea what one would cost. I looked at a 16 mo old 259k msrp Urus with 3k Miles on it and it could have been bought for 220. This tells me what the market really is.
    I personally cannot drive a Lambo everyday because of my business and employee situation so it’s an non starter for me. The Audi most people have no idea what it really is.

GT2goneF likes this.
  6. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Dealer gave me $8k less than I paid for a brand new one after 18 months and 20k miles. That’s a ****ing joke. They showed me Manheim numbers that were the same or more so if you saw a 260k car for $220 you should flip it to a dealer immediately for a tidy profit.

Maintenance was included and under factory warranty so it cost me zero outside of tires. Insurance is with Pure and a blanket policy so no variance, although I know that’s somewhat unique and due to the number of cars we have.

So as I said I don’t care about price of admission, I care about depreciation and actual cost of ownership which looks like $35k to drive an Audi or $8k for a Urus. Not a tough decision, at least to me. Not knocking the Audi either as I’ve owned several and like them. Driving a cheaper car for employees’ sake is totally different. I’ve got a Raptor for site visits myself.

Andynyc and Boomhauer like this.
  7. Robert Collins

Robert Collins Karting

May 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    Robert S. Collins III
  8. Robert Collins

Robert Collins Karting

May 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    Robert S. Collins III
    This is before the wheel change, but I LOVE this as a daily driver. As the kids get older, we may be able to transition to sedans, but man this thing has been awesome for daily runs to the grocery/recycling/random trips to sports events, etc...

GT2goneF likes this.
  9. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    NGooding, TroyNVie, Spider68 and 3 others like this.
  10. harrish1985

harrish1985 Formula Junior

Jun 17, 2016
    Miami, FL
    I do agree with JAM1 and the same is applicable for G Wagons. Consider this, I’m presently leasing a $125k X7 M50i. My down payment was roughly $5k and I put a security deposit of $9k which I get back at end of lease. Security deposit is something BMW offers to lower interest rate. My monthly lease payment including wheel / tire protection is $1420 / month. So for 36 months this truck will have cost me:

$5k down
    $50k lease payments

When I go to turn this in it be worth roughly $60 - $70k.

A G63 cost of admission is close to $180k. But after 3 years it’s worth maybe $145 - $150k. And that’s a super low / conservative estimate. G wagons right now on pre owned market are still selling $15-$30k over Msrp for 2 year models. Cost of ownership over same 3 year period is worst case $30k. The same is applicable for Urus. They’re really holding their value and selling not far off from MSRP.

Boomhauer likes this.
  11. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Wait whaaaaaaaaaaat??? Black???!!! Are you OK? Are you sick? Are you sure??? My unsolicited opinion... no.

12. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    True, but I was hoping the "performance exhaust" option actually meant something. I got an early one and sold it and made some money so it still worked out good.

GT2goneF likes this.
  13. Robert Collins

Robert Collins Karting

May 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    Robert S. Collins III
    I just realized I am a dummy...I didn't post the model for those that don't know. This is a 2014 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S. 550 HP, 550 Torque. It is as fun as the day is long for an SUV. Sticker was $174k, I bought it in 2016 with 19k miles on it for $82k, added $3k for the Porsche CPO, which just ran out. Half price doesn't suck!!!

tomc and dustman like this.
  14. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I know... I’ve been bitten by some bug and now totally off the radar. But I wanted the most utilitarian F car that could do anything... grocery getter, golf clubs, pick up the kids...
    NA V12!
    Now it’s black, red, white... so much for all white. At least minivan is white
    Escalade on order is white !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT2goneF likes this.
  15. mytoys

mytoys Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2015
    CA
    Full Name:
    mytoys
    I like the Urus and this is my second one. The X6Mc does drive nice and quite fast. I drive my 993 turbo, 812 GTS and G63 the most.

JAM1 likes this.
  16. Robert Collins

Robert Collins Karting

May 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    Robert S. Collins III
    Boomhauer, dustman and GT2goneF like this.
  17. Robert Collins

Robert Collins Karting

May 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    Robert S. Collins III
    I may have to go drive one of those man. I love my Cayenne Turbo S, but I’m not getting any younger! Time to start swapping stuff out (except for the 993 Turbo of course)!!!

18. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Robert Collins likes this.
  19. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    After years of DD’ing station wagons and a Lusso on weekends in winter, I decided to do something different for a while. This has been my daily this winter and I’ve loved it. Probably sell the Lusso because this green Porsche can inconspicuously go places the Lusso can’t. 911s of any generation are ubiquitous. But that is just fine as far as I’m concerned.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. MK11

MK11 Karting

Aug 4, 2019
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    MK
    All good except for ground clearance sometimes?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

21. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Nice. We’ve got G550s at our places up north and use them daily while there. Debated doing the 63s instead but does how little they’re used it didn’t seem rational. I also read there’s some programming that ramps up the new 550s to similar hp, although I haven’t done one yet to see the results. Probably trade out to get the RS6 avant- soon anyhow but we’ll see.

GT2goneF likes this.
  22. Robert Collins

Robert Collins Karting

May 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    Robert S. Collins III
    Total pleasure...spring break with our youngest!

GT2goneF likes this.
  23. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Enjoy! Rain Forest is a must see, if you haven't already.

Robert Collins likes this.
  24. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    We have some pretty horrible speed bumps near us and no problem. Lower than a SW but not so much it’s been a problem.

25. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    finally! u have come to the dark side!

GT2goneF and plastique999 like this.