f8 spider denied options? | FerrariChat

f8 spider denied options?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by *fill-up*, Mar 12, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. *fill-up*

*fill-up* Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2011
    Orland Park, IL
    Full Name:
    Phillip K
    Hey guys, I put a deposit down a while back for new F8 spider. Sent the dealer the list of options I want for the interior/exterior colorwise. They said due to the amount of different colors I was using on the interior (5 colors) they would need some time.

Finally about 8 weeks later, I hear back and they said Ferrari will DENY the options because I chose to many colors.

Has this happened to anyone before? Is there a way around it?

I know the spec I am building is not for everyone, but it is not something that I will ever resell. Just want sometime unique and custom for myself. Had Rosso Dino ext, with white racing seats, red upper dash and all other upper components. Orange lower everything. Blue Carpet. Yellow Belts. ALL the colors were picked at the dealership from the samples they had..

2. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    Perhaps if you offer to pay for the car up front they might build it for you. As it is, were you to back out of the deal, the dealer would be left with a car that is, to be blunt, unsellable.

Not to offend you further, but perhaps take this as a sign that perhaps you could reconsider the panoply of colors into a more focused statement?

3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Red, blue, white orange?? With yellow seat belts??? Wow!

4. *fill-up*

*fill-up* Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2011
    Orland Park, IL
    Full Name:
    Phillip K
    I would be leaving an additional $100k before it goes into production. Dealer was fine going with Build, Ferrari is the one that let the dealer know all the colors are not possible

5. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I have to ask- what inspired you to think this is a color combination that would look good? No disrespect intended either but as was stated previously- this car is u sellable.

6. *fill-up*

*fill-up* Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2011
    Orland Park, IL
    Full Name:
    Phillip K
    I've always liked having something different that no one will have. My aventador has blue as its main focus point with 4 other colors. Wanted the Ferrari to have a spin off the red (rosso dino) with a very unique interior.

7. PMiranda

PMiranda Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2004
    Austin, TX
    I agree that if you pick a boldly personal color palette you probably have to pay up front since it's going to be hard to sell to anybody else.
    Having said that, I fully support anyone that doesn't buy yet another car exactly like the other 3 sitting on the lot.

arkferrari, ScottS and carguyjohn350 like this.
  8. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Was it a kind of "atelier" configuration? and if not, would going for "atelier" (or maybe even "tailor made") allow to get all the choices?

DefunctNeurons and GT2goneF like this.
  9. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    My opinion isn’t worth a cup of cheap coffee but I wonder if Ferrari just wouldn’t want that combination represented on one of their cars. I have to give you credit for the boldness of that combination. Avant Garde!

ScottS likes this.
  10. Ltfor3

Ltfor3 Karting

Oct 14, 2013
    FL
    Full Name:
    L.T.
    Even the TM cars have to be approved by Ferrari. They simply don’t want to build cars they wouldn’t want to see on the road. You can be bold at TM, but you can’t get too far out there.
    Think of it as a neighborhood architectural review board, they don’t want any house being so different it impacts the opinion of the neighborhood for all.
    I know it doesn’t seem right, but my guess is even if you offer to pay for it up front, they still won’t do it.

11. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    However I think I've seen terrible examples of recent Ferrari, so not sure what the actual criterias are...

12. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Yes, I've seen some pretty outrageous specs come out of Maranello, especially those of Michael Fux! OP, do you have a history with Ferrari? Maybe if you had an extensive history with them they would be less reluctant?

13. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    I actually think it’s pretty darn cool they said no....it’s just them protecting their brand, so I would not take it personally.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

14. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Do you have the rendering of the interior? Not to be a jerk but it sounds awful!

15. Ltfor3

Ltfor3 Karting

Oct 14, 2013
    FL
    Full Name:
    L.T.
    All true. Not sure how they decide the difference between bold/ fashion forward and distasteful. Very subjective I’m sure.
    I think many if the bold cars are in homage to some historic car, artwork or some design approach. Maybe you can write them why you have this vision and get them to buy in?

16. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Ferrari has the right to reject a color combination they believe just isn’t right for the brand. If that offends you, buy another brand vehicle. Just because someone has the money, the mfg has the right to be the final arbiter of taste.

17. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Please post pics of the interior exactly as you spec’d it. This I’ve got to see.

18. *fill-up*

*fill-up* Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2011
    Orland Park, IL
    Full Name:
    Phillip K
  19. *fill-up*

*fill-up* Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2011
    Orland Park, IL
    Full Name:
    Phillip K
    It would be something like the above but with the red and orange switched. No red and yellow on the seats.

I think it would play out well with the Rosso Dino on the exterior

20. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    Are you sure about the black steering wheel ?

:D

Adamas, rossodino, jnunberg and 9 others like this.
  21. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    I bet the guys at Lambo Ad Personam would build it for you on an Evo Spyder!!

22. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
  23. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Or MSO would happily take his money I'm sure.

carguyjohn350 likes this.
  24. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Serious question: is this based on a Gundam, Robotech or Voltron character? It reminds me of the anime characters from the 80s. I wouldn't do more than 3 colors.

Senna1994 and GT2goneF like this.
  25. rossodino

rossodino Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2007
    corona del mar, ca.
    Full Name:
    bruce sansone
    I am sure you have thought of this already, but what I would do in this case is get with your dealer and see if they can ask Ferrari of the colors chosen which ones would they approve for your interior, perhaps you will still be able to configure the car to your liking. It's seems to me I have heard in the past where the factory has rejected certain colors and interior combos of their cars which I find very interesting, it shows they really seem to care about how their cars look to the public.

jm2 likes this.