SF90 vs 765LT Drag and Roll Races | Page 3 | FerrariChat

SF90 vs 765LT Drag and Roll Races

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by FikseGTS, Feb 22, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Maybe so, but you can have a 765LT and a F12, or 991.2 GT3 RS (or any number of other similarly priced cars) for same money as a SF90. Indexing performance and cost, 765LT is simply the best car sub-$500,000 ever.

ChipG and Gh21631 like this.
  2. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Remember beauty is not perfectly objective. Don’t believe me? There are millions of people in the US that now consider this “beautiful”...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

waterking and Twosherpaz like this.
  3. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I see what you did there. That’s kind of funny...

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  4. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Without a doubt.

5. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Did he even shift gears himself? I didn't notice that he did.

6. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    The 765 looks fantastic from every angle. It is essentially a hyper car in terms of performance and looks. Of course looks are subjective but how can one claim cars like the C8, SF90 and some others are good to look at and not the 765? I saw the SF90 in person in person recently and while I wouldn't call it ugly, its just not that cohesive. Looks like a modded, 458, 488, F8. The interior looks ok but there is a ton going. I am happy I passed on my allocation. Regarding performance, its no different than a high powered Audi with AWD or a 911 TTS. Fat and heavy with great traction. Good drag cars oof the line but that will be it. Keep your Pista's and F8's, they are way more interesting and beautiful.

7. Ale55andr0

Ale55andr0 Karting

May 23, 2019

you can clearly hear that mess up with the upshift, or the auto mode is became the "idiot mode" to you?

8. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I cant agree, after 3 Mac's and multiple Ferraris including a Pista the quality of both is NOT 10/10. Both manufacturers have had numerous issues with build quality. I have found that the LT's are put together better than the others though. You must have had a pretty bad experience to tell people no one cares and to run from them. In my experience, people walk by the Ferraris to drool on the McLarens. I will keep buying cars from both as long they continue to step their game up.

9. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I think you both have a point.
    McLaren do depreciate like crazy and I think build quality was initially poor but seems that ever since the 600LT/720s they got it together...
    Now as far as Ferrari id never really praise their build quality. The materials used are excellent but the build quality in every Ferraris I have owned has been ...poor.
    I mean who in 2020 still makes car with sticky buttons, leather that stretches, constant need for a tender otherwise battery dies?
    Love Ferraris but quality isn’t really what comes to mind for me;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andynyc, LVP488 and Gh21631 like this.
  10. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    That's not at all how people who have driven it describe it. If anything they describe it as a Pista turned up to 11. Beauty is so subjective that it makes no sense discussing it.

Fortis, Caeruleus11 and JJ77 like this.
  11. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Since we all are entitled to an opinion, the 765 is pretty good to look at, considering the donor car - which I could never get along with. I instantly knew I wanted an SF90 though and have never even thought about buying a 765. SF90 much nicer to look at as far as I can see. Not just a one-brand guy either, I had a Mac a while ago and since I ordered the SF90 have bought a GT2 RS, a Taycan and a 992 C4S. I can’t pass judgement on the driving because I haven’t driven either yet but I do about 10k Ferrari miles per year and haven’t had any problems since Speciale, which I have had for 6 years now. Batteries are rubbish but aside from that, they are so much better than they used to be. Simply can’t get motivated for Mac any more, unfortunately. I don’t feel the same level of passion in them as I do Ferrari and Porsche. It’s no doubt my issue, maybe strange since I’m a proud Brit, but there we are.

12. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I just cant see a 2 ton car feeling anything like a Pista or comparable car. It is a monster in a straight line but I seriously doubt its much fun on a track.

BJK likes this.
  13. D11

D11 Karting

Sep 26, 2010
    We’re all in agreement the SF90 is in the heavyweight division here and the 765LT is punching way above it’s weight class. But let’s not forget, on track prowess, there have been some previous champs that tip the scales in and around the SF90 with less power too. Here’s two that come to mind...

Porsche 918
    Lamborghini Aventador SVJ

Can’t keep offsetting mass with more power and still think the car will handle and brake as well as a significantly lighter car. Look at the Veyron and Chiron as examples. Yet, you can blend all together and make a phenomenal road car with a range of capabilities that can still be tracked and not leave you feeling let down.

paulchua and Caeruleus11 like this.
  14. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    It is considerably less than 2 tonnes, but the problem is that you are guessing. I am not saying one thing or another, as I haven't driven it either, but I am willing to listen to what people who have driven it say about it.

D11 and gzachary like this.
  15. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    #65 gzachary, Mar 13, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
    In my first 220 miles so far, I find it to be incredibly nimble. I just spent 20 miles in the hills yesterday and was blown away by the capability. Yes, I agree it does not have the level of sharpness of the Pista and ability to place the car. But it’s pretty close. The torque vectoring makes this car feel a lot more nimble than you would think given the weight. The brakes are super strong and felt like they were going to give me a frontal lobotomy. The car feels heavier than the Pista and lighter than the 812. The amount of acceleration and power and braking coming out of the SF90 in the hills blew me away. The Pista cant match those SF90 IMO. Frankly in the hills I couldn’t even tell where the boundaries were. I can start to feel them in Pista. These hills are dangerous as they are one lane in each direction, large trees interspersed, frequent significant drop offs that would lead to horrible outcomes and not great surfaces. The SF90’s AWD definitely helped there. I found it amazing. I love driving my Pista. Love driving the SF90. But I could easily match the Pista in the SF90 yesterday. And it would be a lot easier a ride on the way home.

In fact, when I finally got down the hill I had enough engine roar and almost no gas. So I put it in hybrid mode and eDrove it home. Now I don’t have to worry about getting gas the next time I leave home or going to get it at the end of a drive. A nice option.

It was a nice way to decompress on my way home to reduce my pulse and my blood pressure.

paulchua, spyderman, stavura and 8 others like this.
  16. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I am just reaching now, but could that be due to the lower limits - more playful nature of the Pista, compared to the more composed and grippy SF90?

Caeruleus11 and gzachary like this.
  17. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Great write up. Whilst the sf90 is likely faster the real question is: which one was more FUN to drive?
    Speed is one thing but the sound, the smell, how the car makes u feel, scare u at the limits are important fun factors. Sometimes u can have more fun in
    A slower car;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paulchua, Caeruleus11 and Gh21631 like this.
  18. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    Agree.

Caeruleus11 and REALZEUS like this.
  19. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    You ask the exact question I had going into the day. IMO Both are crazy fun to me. To me, both are thrilling to drive. I compared the driving experiences of my SF90 and TdF on on the "driving impressions" thread. I picked those cars as they are the most different of the cars I currently own. And it turns out these two are the most fun for me.

Since the Pista has less noise buffering and thus a "noisier" cabin than the usual road car cabins, it is more "exciting" to drive for shorter runs. I have a couple of thousand of miles on mine. Did a 700 mile road trip. The driving took more energy than normal due to the noise, etc. The SF90 in "cruise mode" is more like the cabin in the SF90. Pretty quiet. Until you jam on the accelerator and then it is Pista loud.

paulchua and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  20. xskier

xskier Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2013
    on the dragstip
    9,6sec
    145mph
    I do hope so that clearly better times and speeds will show up soon for the sf90

21. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    All that matters is that you enjoyed it regardless of my or anyone elses opinion.

paulchua, Boomhauer and gzachary like this.
  22. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Sounds like a great daily driver.

paulchua and gzachary like this.
  23. Igor1982

Igor1982 Rookie

Dec 22, 2017
    Full Name:
    Igor Gerasimchuk