dv estimate | FerrariChat

dv estimate

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by crispen, Mar 14, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. crispen

crispen Rookie

Nov 26, 2007
    Hello FC people,

I was in the process of buying a 458 and it had to be taken to a shop (that the seller had picked) and while there, it got hit by another client of theirs :(

Nothing major but the rear parts will need to be replaced such as the defuser and some of the fender.

So now the question is how much DV would be fair for me to deduct before making a new offer to buy this car?

The seller and I had originally agreed to 210k

I just dont want to get this car and then have lost value day 0.

The driver of the car that hit the Ferrari has avoided any communication :(

I have been looking for this car for a long time and I really love this exact build and so its not just as simple as just get another one.. Its hard to find a F I wanted.

Thanks in advance,
    Greg

2. FFan5

FFan5 Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2018
    You could try to pull some comps of 458's with repair history on their Carfax that are for sale. Although, not really your area. I would offer $140k for the fully repaired car. The sellers insurance company would be the entity that needs to prove it is worth more than your "reasonable" offer. The seller's insurance should write the seller a check for difference if they cannot prove it is worth more.

crispen likes this.
  3. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    I would think you know the answer which is to walk away. I now it took a while to find the one you wanted but just imagine that this was sold and you had to move on to the next one. Even if you got it, will you be happy knowing that it was damaged goods?

4. OSUferrari

OSUferrari Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Do you have photos of the damage?

5. crispen

crispen Rookie

Nov 26, 2007
    I do, but am not sure I should post it bc legal, happy to pm or email it to you for ur opinion

6. crispen

crispen Rookie

Nov 26, 2007
    You are a total stranger, but this is exactly how i feel, thanks for the comments. I am not sure what to do bc it took me months to find this one :(

7. crispen

crispen Rookie

Nov 26, 2007
    He wants 195 which i think is way too high, he thinks he will get that much at auction

8. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    I mean no respect but, in F world damage goods stay with you forever. Good luck in either case.

9. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Country ? If the USA Too many 458 for sale find another one.

IloveGT likes this.
  10. rossodino

rossodino Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2007
    corona del mar, ca.
    Full Name:
    bruce sansone
    I would tell you the same, I would walk at this point especially if he is firm @195k.Perhaps he can get 195k at auction but those people don't know what you know and I doubt that would be disclosed ,it would take some digging on people's part at the auction. Unless this car is a very unusually spec that you were looking for, I would continue your search.

11. crispen

crispen Rookie

Nov 26, 2007
    yes usa

12. crispen

crispen Rookie

Nov 26, 2007
    what would be a fair counter off though?

13. rossodino

rossodino Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2007
    corona del mar, ca.
    Full Name:
    bruce sansone
    I think in this case I would go in with an aggressive low bid to start, this will set the stage in the owners mind as to how you feel about the accident let's call it. You had mentioned 140k before I would say maybe 130k- 135k for starters you can always go up, remember this is a negotiation at this point. if he comes back say at 185k-190k well then I would try to make my point about the damage once again, if he still balks, I would call it a day and walk. I would say 150k or lower you would be fine.

FFan5 likes this.
  14. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    what are the specs? maybe we know something similar out there.

crispen likes this.
  15. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Find another car

crispen likes this.
  16. crispen

crispen Rookie

Nov 26, 2007
    Looking for a car with the carbon seats, i love them and their look.

Carbon trim, esp the center and steering wheel.

Black on black w yellow stiching.

Thank you.

17. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    okay. if the yellow stitching is not a must, I actually think your preference is not too hard to find. unless you plan to keep this car forever, you may encounter in the future what the current owner is encountering from you with even heavier discount.

crispen likes this.