What's For Dinner? | Page 665 | FerrariChat

What's For Dinner?

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by agup48, Apr 7, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
  2. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Tried another pizza crust recipe last night. This one was better than the last two. This is just mozz, almond flour and egg basically. Much better texture and taste than either the cauliflower or just cheese and egg ones I tried before. There's still another couple I want to try sometime but this one is far away better so far.

Didn't take any pics but put some meat, onions, and jalapenos on this one. Tasty, having leftovers right now.

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Sounds good. And simple.
    Rough ratios on mozz to flour to egg?
    T

4. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I think it was 1-1/2 cups mozz, one egg, 3/4 cup almond flour, oh and a touch of vinegar for some reason and 2 tbsp of cream cheese. Just melt the cream cheese and mozz in the microwave then mix in the rest, kind of hard getting it all blended by hand but it eventually comes together. Spread it out as thin as you like and bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes. Then top with what you want and bake again for another 15 minutes or till cheese on top is done to your liking. I'll post the video where I saw this one when I get a chance.

Pretty easy overall. I've seen another that uses almond and coconut flour and it's supposed to come out even crispier. This one stayed really crispy around the edges and was only a bit soft in the very middle.

tomc likes this.
  5. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    tomc likes this.
  6. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Watching UFC with my Dad and brother. We haven't decided on dinner yet. Probably a pizza from Pizza Hut. If my brother wasn't here, we'd do sushi. I'm trying to convince him into trying Korean BBQ chicken. Most of the Japanese restaurants around here are Korean owned and operated. So they have Korean dishes on the menu.

7. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
  8. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    arizonaitalian likes this.
  9. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    At first I thought it was on top of a pop tart. I was thinking, Tom you've lost your mind. lol

tomc and wax like this.
  10. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    No, that's one of the new flavors.

Since you used all the brown sugar . . .

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

TexasF355F1 and tomc like this.
  11. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    LMAO!
    T

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  12. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    NbyNW, max930 and tomc like this.
  13. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Looks good. Rough day in the garden today. Finally had a chance to more closely survey the carnage from our deep freeze last month. I would estimate that about a third of our roses are dead or in very rough shape. All the peppers that I was overwintering - hasta la vista! I think I will try to keep as many as in pots for this growing season as I can...T

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  14. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

15. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Fabulous looking!! I think with my recent chili de arbol salsa experiment, my current comfort level is about 20K Scoville units without dilution. The orange maple habanero sauce I made a few weeks ago was good, but the sweetness of the maple syrup really made the heat tolerable for the quantities I used. The arbol salsa was only mildly diluted with tomatoes and veg. I could get through about half a dozen chips and then it was "¡No mas!"

T

NbyNW likes this.
  16. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Surfing as saw this... I need to do chili before it warms up too much. Good stuff!

17. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Left over meat lovers pizza from Pizza Hut. They have a promotion, buy one at regular price, get one free. Promotion ends today. Bella is getting prime rib burgers. I buy them frozen from a local grocery store chain, its their brand. I forgot to put them in the freezer and left them out all night. So Bella gets them.

18. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Pours the chili into the bag. Now that's authentic!

You need to do that @NbyNW

I've been hankering to make chili too, but there has been no specials on my go-to meat for chili, chuck roast. Kroger wants $6 or $7 per pound of late. At that price, I can use their strip steaks. Think I may have to start using brisket for chili.

T

19. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Lucky Bella!

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Fresno chilies, garlic, S&P, yellow onion.

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Over thin spaghetti with a little tomato sauce. Wish I had fresh tomatoes, but alas no.

T

arizonaitalian likes this.
  20. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    What are you using nutrient wise? Do you check you pH? That's the most important thing from what I've read.

wax likes this.
  21. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Very soon for chili. Also want to do a pork butt. For chili I usually just use ground beef. Guess I need to go fancier! So many good options.

22. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Looks good. Not too much sauce, good spices, go down easy!

23. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    We have a nitrogen rich fertilizer. I add that about one per week. Diluted about 4 times versus what it says to do for regular plants. Seedlings need N most critically, from what I have read. Once it gets to flower production and setting fruit, then they need phosphorus and potassium more.

Start adding dilute fertilizer once the first or second set of true leaves emerge based on who you read.

By the way, the hotter the peppers you bought, the earlier you may want to start turn. Of course, Houston is even warmer than here, so your growing season is longer than ours.

T

24. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Thanks. I think it was one of the tastiest dishes I've made in a while. Topped Werth a prior parmesan cheese. Would have been better with fresh tomatoes, but I diluted the tomato sauce with a little pasta water, so it turned out to the right consistency.

The Fresno chilies had just the right amount of heat. Went very well with the fresh garlic and onion. I might try it again and throw in a serrano or two for a tad more heat, but I'm kind of gun shy after the chili de arbol incident! Lol.

T

25. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Really? The fresnos I grew two years ago and ones I buy sometimes have all been about as hot as Serranos. I like them!

Had BBQ today. Bought it and went to a buddy's house. He's been "batchlering" it most of the week while his wife is down in sunny warm AZ. Brisket, ribs and a few sides. It was tasty but not amazing. The place I usually go is apparently only open 7-11am on Sundays. Huh?! Oh well.