Ratcliffe on UFOs | FerrariChat

Ratcliffe on UFOs

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by Juan-Manuel Fantango, Mar 22, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    If anyone is interested in the subject, you should checkout the James Fox documentary "The Phenomenon". You have to buy it on youtube, but I saw it recently on the Travel Channel.

Also, CMDR. Fravor has done a lot of interviews about the Nimitz encounters. One of the things he said was that when they tried to lock their radars on the UFO, they got indications of the radar being jammed. I believe that's technically an act of war. He told another story of a routine underwater drone recovery operation, where a UFO showed up and snatched the drone away from them.

2. lambchop

lambchop Karting

Apr 29, 2005
    Is this a divert our enemies time and resources op in the same vein as Reagan's Star Wars program?? Guess we'll see if its all trash can lids fuzzy photo propaganda or green men come June.

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Jamming a signal is not an act of war. USAF ex-EWO here.

Jaguar36 likes this.
  4. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    Not saying you are wrong. I just thought you might find this post interesting:

5. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    UFOs:

Man made objects governments want you to believe are from outer space.

6. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
  7. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    Fravor was also on Joe Rogan's podcast where they spoke extensively about this subject, a very interesting listen.

My bets are on experimental drone technologies. If we can buy a $500 drone from DJI that does pretty amazing things, I couldn't begin to imagine what kind of crazy spy drone tech the government has its hands on that would easily be mistaken for alien UFO's by some farmer in Arizona.

8. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    Cmdr. Fravor starts talking about the drone and torpedo recovery @ 3:50

9. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    Yeah, but these sightings go back to the 1940's. There weren't any high tech drones then. Fox posits a connection with the advent of nuclear weapons tests. E.g. the base near Roswell was home to the only nuclear bombing squadron in 1947.

10. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    If you study these cases a bit like the school in Australia, and the O'hare airport incident. There were high resolution cameras used that were confiscated by the authorities. Reportedly.

11. lambchop

lambchop Karting

Apr 29, 2005
    I'm not sure what is being seen, but seemingly neither are some trained to identify flying objects, i.e. navy pilots. That doesn't mean that it's not man made and not something we cooked up out in the middle of the Nevada desert. Propaganda to alert foes of technology we're studying, developed, and/or may possess that should give them pause if we ever were to activate it feels more along the lines of reality and simplest explanation, at least in comparison to the other alternatives.

12. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    Agreed, my drone analogy was meant for more modern day sightings. But even back in the 40's there were already many oddly shaped experimental aircraft all around the world. There was that pancake looking plane the US had. The Nazi's had that B2 look alike plane and other saucer like designs. If I had seen that thing flying overhead in the 40's at a time where if someone showed me an automatic transmission it would've seemed like witchcraft, I would've freaked out and thought it was the end of civilization.

Think of the different mindset people had back in that time on seeing something like that. It's massively unpredictable compared to how we perceive those things now.

13. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    I went to the same EWO school he did and they never taught us jamming was an act of war, because it is not.

14. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    Even the Nimitz incident was 17 years ago. I would think if any major power had that kind of tech, it would have been deployed already.

ShineKen likes this.
  15. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    Can you explain your reasoning for that ?

Let's say the Russians started jamming ballistic missile early warning radars in North America, with the intent of starting a conflict. Would not the jamming itself then be an act of war ?

16. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    No because that is not practical at any rate considering the locations of the radars and the power they generate. Them trying would be a warning something might happen, but we would not be launching ICBMs or SLBMs. Scrambling bombers, maybe, because those can be recalled.

17. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    I spent 40 hours this month flying big patterns over the Pacific off the west coast including in the area the Navy encounters happened and was deeply disappointed that I didn’t see anything remotely like a UFO. Got pretty close to a United Flying Oceanic but it was clearly a 787 and not unidentifiable. Used the radar to look for any massive UFOs that might be emerging from the ocean. Nothing... such a disappointment.

In the scheme of things I don’t have a tremendous number of hours (~4,500) but even in all of that still haven’t seen any UFOs. I have spotted and have pics of both U-2 and Global Hawk flying high overhead in various war zones. Found a aircraft carrier off the coast of Pakistani in the Indian Ocean. Found a sailboat out in the Atlantic that the coast guard was trying to make contact with that was in the path of a hurricane. Have spotted some military drones in places that you wouldn’t expect. Closest I have come to any real action from space was finding the SpaceX landing barge out in the Atlantic a few hours before they landed a rocket on it. But no UFO yet... it’s very sad.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

spicedriver and BJK like this.
  18. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Nothing during my 18 years flying fighters, either.

19. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
  20. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    UFOs Over Navy Destroyers In 2019