Hamilton deserves more respect | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Hamilton deserves more respect

Discussion in 'F1' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Mar 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    The stewards were not saying anything about turn 4 u til around right after mid race. Most everyone was tracking out like that

paulchua likes this.
  2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Im sorry i usually see things like u but I think u are just bias.
    Corner cutting is one thing but he overtook pretty different...
    Was pretty clear who had the best car today. Lewis didn’t miss a beat... sorry but max needs to grow up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terra and william like this.
  3. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Lewis was far from the only person abusing the turn....

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    that's fine.

But what did Max today that he needs ''growing up"? He didn't do a step wrong and he's not looking for excuses.

stavura, fil, 275gtb6c and 1 other person like this.
  5. Natkingcolebasket69

His race raft is just not mature enough. It’s like chess: Hamilton baited him and he fell for then 10th times in the trap... That’s where he made a mistake to me... He had him in the long straight that’s his mistake. Max knows his racing style will
    Not be forgiven by the FIA he has to start becoming more strategic. The F1 circus is like that. Fair or not. Senna complained about it long ago and took out Prost in 1990 for those reasons.
    He has 120+ races under his belt now, I expect more from him given his talent .
    Don’t get me wrong he can be wc and deserves to
    On talent alone! I wish him well. We need the show!

Nuvolari likes this.
  6. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    #31 Hawkeye, Mar 28, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
    Best of his generation? If Alonso were Hamilton's teammate, everyone would have La Marcha Granadera memorized by now. They put a kid in his car last year that would have won if Mercedes didn't intentionally bench him.

stavura, fil, E60 M5 and 3 others like this.
  7. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    With the Alfa (?) in front of Lewis Max had the opportunity. With all these engine recharging and whatnot, who is to say that Lewis didn't get enough charge to hold him off all the time from then on (which, looking at how the rest of the race went, is a possibility)? People would then argue that he finished 2nd because he didn't take an opportunity...

8. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    Meh, we already saw that show...you know, when McLaren put a kid it it's car...who then promptly beat/equaled the defending 2-time champ.

9. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    What would happen to you if your boss gave you an assignment, and you refused to go and do it because you would have to visit a country which did not respect your human rights ?

AshAP likes this.
  10. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Indeed ! Sitting and waiting like a dead duck Hamilton was.

and this is the point. MV is (IS == Will Be) a future champion, but not today.

He knows what to say but on track he failed under pressure today. That is as surprising as seeing LH win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Lewis outlasted MV.

11. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Max can (CAN) drive faster than Lewis, but over the distance a set of tires lasts. Lewis takes fewer seconds getting there.

Max has the car control and reflexes--what he lacks is the thinking game.

william likes this.
  12. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I'm just happy to see more creative excuses from the haters, other than " he has the best car"

13. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

They were team mates once, if you remember.

Who lost the contest and ran away from a rookie?

sailfly, Natkingcolebasket69 and ktu like this.
  14. Natkingcolebasket69

U do realize that as a ROOKIE Hamilton tied him. Let’s not revisit history there.
    It’s like me saying if senna doesn’t die he has 6 titles.
    No one knows.

Terra and william like this.
  15. Natkingcolebasket69

Amen! He needs a mentor or to seat down with Alain Prost, the master of the thinking game. The professor

ktu and william like this.
  16. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Which mistake did Lewis make today? When Lewis slightly locked up near the end (on old tires) while trying to hold off Max?

17. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Don’t think this is about him.
    The Mercedes pitwall is just so amazing.
    Nevertheless Hamilton was great during the race.
    Bottas was nowhere near him.

18. Natkingcolebasket69

Uh they weren’t last year with Russell

19. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Not a Hamilton fan in the least, but he outfoxed Verstappen and deserved to win.

Anyone want to try to explain to me why Red Bull didn’t just cover Hamilton instead of giving up track position? The Red Bull was the faster car and covering Hamulton seemed like F1 strategy 101.

20. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    He is a high-level athlete, not a politician, not a philosopher, not a sociologist. Indignations cannot be selective and followed his own interests. In this he has no legitimacy vis-à-vis the people and should remain in his place.

Bas likes this.
  21. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    yes

22. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Not a clue in the faintest. Absolutely bizarre strategy. Since their plan was med-med-hard all along, cover him like you say or go med-hard-soft...the frankly idiotic pitting several laps later when the damage is done is absolutely beyond me. What where they possibly hoping for?

Giallo 550 and jpalmito like this.
  23. simpen

simpen Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2016
    Lewis won the race.
    Max made the mistake of overtaking too soon (he would have got a better position to make it stick on the racetrack later on for SURE).
    Max made the mistake of yielding his position on one the worst parts of the track, letting Hamilton get away from him on the straight. The gap become so big he did not come close to a manoevre in the remaining 2 laps.

Seems like two mistakes in a couple of turns to me... But you called Mercedes' strategy also great, so I guess we've seen a different race :p
    I'm not as cynical to claim MV wanted to overtake in Turn 4 to prove a point, but if RB had kept their mouth shut instead of crying wolf, MV would still have got enough pace to catch Hamilton by the end & this very same overtake would have been enough for the win.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  24. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    For talking about the respect Lewis Hamilton deserves, I suggest the "Lewis Hamilton is an idiot" thread.

25. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Next race we will see if both teams are pretty equal on pure pace.
    If so we are in for an entertaining season.
    My biggest concern is the Red Bull’s reliability compared with the Bulletproof Mercedes.
    For this precise reason, Mercedes and Hamilton are again favorites in my opinion.

fil and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.