F8 Limited Run | FerrariChat

F8 Limited Run

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Chizz, Mar 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    Quick update.
    I was told yesterday by my dealer that the F8 will have a cutoff in production and that allocations are getting harder to get. Also, production time is running at one year+ now. They could not tell me a cutoff date.
    Was also told that used F8s are being sold for over sticker.

GT2goneF and Drson like this.
  2. Eddie v

Eddie v Karting

Mar 18, 2020
    Utah
    Have an appt this Wednesday to configure an F8 and will ask about length of production run to see if my dealer feels the same.

Looks to me like they are selling over sticker. I think that’s most likely just because deliveries haven’t been coming to US for too long and there still aren’t too many to choose from. Sellers know that buyers either have to wait 6 months or more for their own spec or pay a little premium to get one now. Seems no different than any other new model though.

I remember even with the portofino that they were selling over sticker for the first several months until enough arrived that there were so many to chose from that a mark up just was no longer justified. Time will tell with the F8 but I can’t imagine that there won’t be enough for sale in 3-6 months that the markup will be gone.

I figure I can wait 6 mo to buy right around sticker or spec my own and get it about the same time. My dealer thought I could get one by the fall, anyway. We will see what the COVID situation in Italy and the chip shortage have to say though.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Chizz likes this.
  3. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    I don't know about that. In Canada there's still allocation available and there's around 9 listed for sale.

of2worlds likes this.
  4. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Nice dealer tactics.

OSUferrari, RayJohns and Boomhauer like this.
  5. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    9?!!!!! Wow! They aren’t sitting around here in the lower 48 like that. At least I haven’t heard or seen that.

6. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    Hmmm... could be. I hope not for a couple of reasons. The least of which is I have a relationship with this dealer and I would hate to be lied to. But I guess business is business in the car industry.

7. Ngcanada

Ngcanada Formula Junior

May 16, 2016
    Ottawa Canada
    the dealer I received my car from has 3 F8 for sale. Not sure about limited availability here in Canada as stated. I get the feeling that they are not great sellers in Canada or simply these are consignment cars for sale

of2worlds likes this.
  8. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    My F8 took 5 months to sell.

JesseRohr and Jo Sta7 like this.
  9. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    Canada doesn’t like F8s? Or maybe that is a harbinger for the US? I hope not.

10. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    35 F8 for sale on Autotrader.

LARRYH and Chizz like this.
  11. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    Yes I looked at that myself this morning.

12. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    However there were 0 spiders in that list.

13. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Contact a few independent brokers, they will set you up.

14. DarrenP

DarrenP Rookie

Feb 2, 2015
    Was told something similar by my dealer last week. I test drove the spider and placed my order there and then. I was surprised how different it was to my 488 spider. Anyway prepared for a 12 month wait but they said could also be a chance I get it early part of 2022.

of2worlds and Chizz like this.
  15. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Unfortunately dealers are not the most reliable source of information, even if you have a good relationship with them. They are in the sales business after all. I would fully expect a dealer to tell a customer that supply is tight and the market is great on a Ferrari. Very few will tell you that the values aren’t what they used to and plenty are available. I’ve heard the same line when I bought all of my past ferraris, and lost money on every single one. Amazingly the market changed just when I was ready to sell. Lol.

johnr265, LARRYH, OSUferrari and 2 others like this.
  16. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Ferrari is not in the business of spending $$$$ on R&D for this segment to do a limited run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

schwoo, Chizz and dustman like this.
  17. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    Yes, I have had similar experiences with Porsche. When you buy it is the rarest gem on the market. When you sell there are a ton of them out there and nothing is selling. No matter your profession we are all in the business of making money. But, I would never purposely mislead anyone for any amount of money. Makes me sick.
    Bottom line is everyone should have the right to make an informed decision before they spend their money. This is a luxury not a necessity. No need to mislead the customer.

AD211 and mkraft3003 like this.
  18. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Reminds me a lot of when dealers were talking about how the 458 Speciales "would definitely go up in value" because they were the last of the N/A V8's...

Right.

Ray

Chizz likes this.
  19. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Spiders have not been in production as long.

Viperjoe and Chizz like this.
  20. jcoles

jcoles Rookie

Aug 22, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Jeff Coles
    The above sounds like when you buy diamond/s and then try to sell them back when you're not upgrading.

JesseRohr and Chizz like this.
  21. nlpamg

nlpamg Karting

Oct 18, 2014
    Wow! What was the sticking point?

22. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    What was explained to me was that the F8 is about a two year run (if I recall correctly). There will be no lightweight model. The F8 IS the run out model for the V8 without hybrid BS. My dealer here had only a few slots left toward the end of the production run and that was a while ago.

Chizz likes this.
  23. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    Exactly what I was told as well

24. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Told the same by both of our dealers. Also told used spiders are nil due to customer agreements to not sell for a period of time or dealer gets chargeback and loss of allocation. Plus, what would anyone trade an F8 spider for at this point?!

Chizz likes this.
  25. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    No sticking point. Car was a nice spec. Was PPF and Ceramic Pro. Not a blemish on it. Demand is clearly not over exuberant.

JesseRohr likes this.